Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Week Stall

I am a little over three weeks out from my surgery and I am experiencing a stall. I am exercising and following the orders from my surgeon's office. Does anyone have suggestions of how to get over this stall? I only weigh myself once a week, so that I do not drive myself crazy. I know that if I continue to do what I am presently do the stall may work itself out without any additional steps taken, but if I can do something to send it on its way faster let me know.

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the weight loss process. Most people experience their first stall about three weeks after surgery.

Just follow your program.

Focus on getting in all of your Protein and fluids.

Take your Vitamins and supplements as directed.

Exercise when cleared.

And, stay off the scale!

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I think I will continue to do as I am doing and weigh myself next week to see if I have gotten over my stall. I thank you for the post. With the exception of the tape measure all other steps I am taking. I think it is just the phase I am in. I am not freaking out, not happy about it, but I know it will not last. I will try the tape measure. Problem is that I never really measured myself so I do not know if there is a difference. But it will be a good point of reference moving forward.

@@1Cor2:9 I am about at the same point as you and my weight loss has come to a creeping halt, but after reading the forums here, I feel a bit better if I keep plugging away and following the process it will pass.

Go to the "Don't Sweat the Stall Stuff" subforum or better yet use the search function and type in stall. Spend some time reading. Your questions have already been answered a few hundred times. In fact, this isn't even the first stall post I read today. Seriously, people.....search function.

Go to the "Don't Sweat the Stall Stuff" subforum or better yet use the search function and type in stall. Spend some time reading. Your questions have already been answered a few hundred times. In fact, this isn't even the first stall post I read today. Seriously, people.....search function.

Sometimes people like to ask the question to help them feel better and have someone reassure them personally then rather read something from another person.

it's kinda like learning to drive stick. clutch, shift, gas, shift, cough, sputter, damn, clutch...weight will FLY OFF,then slow to a halt, without you doing anything differently. keep doing what you are supposed to do, it will all be fine. Protein, Fluid, and FITNESS should be 1, 2, & 3 on your "TO DO " list. i stalled 3 lbs from my HALF WAY mark for a week. frustrating, yes, but i hit it this morning! LIFE. IS. GOOD.

Kindle, SERIOUSLY I am going to need you to not be rude. Truth be told I was just seeking encourage. Since I already knew that I am experiencing a stall and know when that happens one must press on with the directions from their dietitian I was not really looking for advise. So I do not need to go and read anything. How about you reread your post and determine if you would have liked to received the same. When people stall it is discourage and they really need to hear is, "hey keep pressing on it will not last." I suppose your rudeness could not allow you to see that.

Wow ..This site is meant for support. Supporting eachother by helping one another, giving eachother advise. Bothers you so much that the topic was repeated why even click and join it?

Seriously, shut up

???? bless your hearts

Wow ..This site is meant for support. Supporting eachother by helping one another, giving eachother advise. Bothers you so much that the topic was repeated why even click and join it?

@@melie, you know you are telling the truth.

My stall was at 5 weeks or so ... was pretty scary... it just finally stopped and I lost 2 more pounds... I didn't even know it was normal. Love the post from Surfer girl that its okay and normal and to not freak out. That was awesome I didn't know it was normal ( in the beginning) I thought it was something that happened later on...So I wasn't prepared for it. Thank you for posting it... I didnt see other threads about it either and sometimes just knowing your not alone helps.... I didnt lose anything for like two weeks ( to be fair I lost a lot really fast actually scared me it was too fast) as long as your not gaining and doing what the nut and docs said I think you are doing great!! You got this!

Hey Chick,

I'm 16 days out of surgery and have stalled for the past 7 days! Talk about disappointing. I feel like this is too early to stall but reading everyone's comments is certainly helping settle my mind and I'm glad I'm not the only one. Still can't help but to feel sad. If everyone is telling the truth weight will start flying off soon ????????????