Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery Feb. 15th?

Three more days till the big day...and...I'm catching a cold. WTF body?

I'm so worried I'll show up Monday morning and the surgeon will take one look at me and say, "Nope." That would be bad enough, then I realized how long it would take to get another appointment and the likelihood that I would need to pay for another endoscopy and more blood work. Argh.

Maybe you should call your surgeon to see if there is anything you can take to try to shorten the cold or lessen the symptoms. so sorry--/I hope you still can have your surgery on Monday! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Thank you! Heard back from the case manager. She put me on hold and went to ask the surgeon directly. He's fine with any OTC meds so long as they don't contain aspirin or ibuprofen. Said we're a go. The only thing that would stop the surgery is if I'm running a fever, though I suspect the anesthesiologist could put the nix on it if he thinks my breathing is affected.

He also said I can drink up to 8 oz. of orange juice a day on my liquid diet. Pretty nice of him, unlike my daughter who won't let me munch on her arm. Kids nowadays!

Haha! My dog smelled like Doritos one morning, which happen to be my favorite....I really feared for his life!!! 5 more days till surgery and I'm hungry tonight!! Stay away poochie!

Haha! My dog smelled like Doritos one morning, which happen to be my favorite....I really feared for his life!!! 5 more days till surgery and I'm hungry tonight!! Stay away poochie!

It's true! Dogs have "frito" feet. I have done work in animal rescue before and breed recovery. Everyone talks about it on the doggie forums. I challenge anyone to smell their dog's feet. I'm not lying! Well, um, make sure they haven't stepped in anything gross before you do.

It's true! Dogs have "frito" feet. I have done work in animal rescue before and breed recovery. Everyone talks about it on the doggie forums. I challenge anyone to smell their dog's feet. I'm not lying! Well, um, make sure they haven't stepped in anything gross before you do.

my dogs had Frito feet too and I adored them!

Did not know it was discussed on forums.... Funny????

Feb 16 for me! My surgeon doesnt require a liquid pre op. Its a very cut and dry menu of low carbs/high Protein that requires a food scale to be sure that we don't eat more than we are supposed to. I miss coffee!

Yes! I am having surgery on the 16th (because the 15th is a holiday). I have very little support - so I would really appreciate forming a group!

I am all for forming a support group. My surgery is Monday. I have been on a liquid diet since 2/1. Tomorrow I have to be on Clear Liquids only. I have surgery at 10:00 Monday morning. I am having the surgery in Gainesville, GA. Dr. Del Matho is my surgeon. I wish you all the very best. May things go smoothly for you on the 16th. Pretty soon we will begin our new, healthy lives.

Hi Shiloh and iwillbeschitagain.....my surgery is also on 2/16. Can I join in the group?????. I need reassurance. Been super grumpy all day...that's how I get when I have a lot on my mind!! My poor family!! Well that...and being on this darn liquid diet for 12 days straight! Ready for surgery! I can handle a liquid diet if I'm not constantly wanting to eat everything in sight!????

I feel cruddy today. I just know I'm going to walk into the hospital come Monday and I won't be able to breathe because of this @#$&*!! cold. They'll take one look and send me right home.

Then the next minute I think, "Nope, they'll do the surgery and you will be absolutely parched--even more than you could be--because you're so dehydrated already from the cold." Just bleh. Time for a Protein shake! ;)

Cherie F., welcome aboard!!! I am now having trouble sleeping because I am getting a little nervous about the surgery on Monday morning. Not because I regret my decision to have it,, but who likes surgery? We are supposed to have an ice storm, too, so my husband guarantees me he will get me to the hospital. I just hope my doctor can make it. I go on the Isopure Protein Drinks today - clear liquid diet begins. So it will be Isopure and chicken bouillon and Water today. I have several things to do tomorrow to prepare around the house. You know, the usual. But here I am awake in the middle of the night with a Migraine . I hate headaches. Anyway, let's touch base again later today. If I don't "chat" with you, then I wish you all the best with your surgery on Tuesday. May everything so very smoothly and may your recovery be short and sweet.

Songsmith, hope your cold clears up and you get to go ahead with surgery on Monday! Am thinking of you! Best wishes!