Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! When will I regain my energy?

I'm 7 1/2 weeks out. I've lost close to 60 lbs so far which I'm not complaining at all. However when 12:30-1:00 rolls around I begin feeling extremely fatigued! I'm taking Multi Vitamins, B12, as well as Biotin. I drink a shake every morning that has 40 grams of Protein. For lunch & dinner I'm eating baked chicken breast or salmon. Which of course I can never finish. I'm following all rules even getting in my Water. I do suffer from chronic back pain so my exercise is limited but I do walk. I truly want to be in the gym but have no energy to workout. Has anyone else experienced this and when will my energy return?? Is there something else I can take?? Thanks in advance!!

It's normal for you to get a point in the day where you feel tired, surgery or not.

There is always a natural circadian rhythm dip. For me it's about 3-4pm and after 4 I'm good!

I usually just the to get in a cup of coffee or walk to wake myself up and get through it.

Good luck!

Any idea how many calories you are getting? I really need to get up around the 800 calorie mark before my fatigue passed and I had the energy to live a full life again.

Wow, great job so far! I am still a newborn on this, [3 weeks] but I got some energy back when I

was forced at two weeks to get off of the Protein Shakes due to diarrhea and losing weight too

fast.I too had severe backpain needing to take usually 2 high strength hydrocodones daily. My

back pain is minimal now, but like you minimizes my ability to truly exercise. I have lost 27

pounds in

3 weeks and I feel that loss such as yours, has to sap the energy out. My only suggestion would

be to ask for blood work to make sure you hadn't lost too much of the good stuff. Keep up the hard work!

for me walking did the trick, if possible outside ...breathe fresh air....feels great!

I'm reading several posts like this, people concerned about weakness and fatigue. But...it's concerning to me how much weight you're losing in such a short amount of time. Yes...the goal is to lose weight, but not at the sake of starving ourselves to get there. There is no magic number of pounds one should lose by a certain date/time frame. I'm thinking everyone is trying to lose fast, which your body just can't handle. It's starving. It needs a break. Slow and steady...not racing and rushing. We didn't gain it overnight...give your body time to get rid of it at a pace that doesn't make you feel horrible. Good luck!

Any idea how many calories you are getting? I really need to get up around the 800 calorie mark before my fatigue passed and I had the energy to live a full life again.

I'm probably not getting in that many calories! It's really hard to eat more than just the Protein at lunch and dinner.. With my shake its usually over 200+ calories. Thank for your help I guess I have to try a few tricks to get in more calories

I was that way as well...really had to force something in me cause i had zero appetite. I would've been just fine not eating or drinking..ever. LOL. Hope it gets better! Def try increasing calories!

I'm reading several posts like this, people concerned about weakness and fatigue. But...it's concerning to me how much weight you're losing in such a short amount of time. Yes...the goal is to lose weight, but not at the sake of starving ourselves to get there. There is no magic number of pounds one should lose by a certain date/time frame. I'm thinking everyone is trying to lose fast, which your body just can't handle. It's starving. It needs a break. Slow and steady...not racing and rushing. We didn't gain it overnight...give your body time to get rid of it at a pace that doesn't make you feel horrible. Good luck!

Sadly, not trying to starve myself, I just don't care if I eat or not. Not being a smart_ss I just have no desire to eat, having to remind myself. Guess he took the right part of the stomach out with the hunger button.

Just to clarify... My stats are

HW: 260

SW: 244

CW: 209

So 35 lbs since surgery 51 since my HW

My goal is not to starve myself, my goal is to be healthy... I spoke with a Dr today and he said keep doing what I'm doing, my body is still in shock. Everyone is different but I'm most likely storing all my intake until my body realizes that I'm not starving myself, and that this is my new lifestyle. Which made a lot of sense to me! Again thank you all for your help!!!

I was that way as well...really had to force something in me cause i had zero appetite. I would've been just fine not eating or drinking..ever. LOL. Hope it gets better! Def try increasing calories!

Wow, great job so far! I am still a newborn on this, [3 weeks] but I got some energy back when I

was forced at two weeks to get off of the Protein shakes due to diarrhea and losing weight too

fast.I too had severe backpain needing to take usually 2 high strength hydrocodones daily. My

back pain is minimal now, but like you minimizes my ability to truly exercise. I have lost 27

pounds in

3 weeks and I feel that loss such as yours, has to sap the energy out. My only suggestion would

be to ask for blood work to make sure you hadn't lost too much of the good stuff. Keep up the hard work!

I so wish my back pain has decreased!! One main reason for my surgery! I suffer from sciatica as well as 4 bulging disks! I'm continuing treatments for that .. Hoping as more weight cones off my pain will minimize as well!!

I'm glad to hear yours has.. Gives me hope!! Thank you so much for sharing!! And for your advice!! I appreciate all you guys on here!!

Thank you for sharing... Can you help with suggestions on foods that can help increase my calorie intake?? I can barely eat when I do! I bought a few naked juices but the sugar is so high in them... But one throughout the day may possibly help???

Just an example... If I make a turkey burger(just meat) I can only eat 3 1/4 of it. And that's my dinner!