Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 600 Pound Life: 2016 Season

Anyone watch the video on here "All of Me"? it has that one woman from 600 pound life on it, I forgot her name but she was married to the guy who was a total butthole to her because he didn't want her losing weight. I think her name was "Zee" or something like that. Anyway at the end of the video it said she was trying out for a reality weightloss show that paid for the surgery. I'm thinking it was 600 pound life. Just thought it was an interesting video.

I haven't seen "All of Me" but are you talking about Zsalynn? She was one of my favorites on My 600 lb Life.

@@KristenVSG2014 I'm not sure about the women in the episodes but when the guys get this done it looks freaking weird! it's like they are too close together and maybe too high? it just looks weird and yeah the thought of the nipple "dying" freaks me out.

Yes, I'm talking about the guys on the show but I've also been researching breast lifts on RealSelf and they don't look much better on women...I actually came across a post about a woman whose nipple died and they had to remove it and then she just had a giant hole. It scared me so bad I decided I'd focus on Tummy Tuck this year and worry about boobs later.

@@KristenVSG2014 Yes that's her! It was nice to see a little bit more of her back story, of course this was when she was still with that jerk. It's not a bad video if you get a chance to watch it.

Holy crap I didn't know that they do that to women too! I thought it was just the men that get the nipple pasted on. That is a really scary thing.

Yes, the nipple thing does look weird on the guys. But I'll bet they would rather have close together wonky nippers than moobs.

That being said, I was very impressed with the young guy from last week's results!

@@Babbs can always lean to the left or right to even them out. hahaha

@@Babbs can always lean to the left or right to even them out. hahaha

LOL

As much as I hate me moobs, watching this show definitely freaked me out. I have been thinking about surgery in the future but I think I'll look into something less invasive for the nipple area, LOL.

Yes, the nipple thing does look weird on the guys. But I'll bet they would rather have close together wonky nippers than moobs.

That being said, I was very impressed with the young guy from last week's results!

As much as I hate me moobs, watching this show definitely freaked me out. I have been thinking about surgery in the future but I think I'll look into something less invasive for the nipple area, LOL.

Yeah, I need a Tummy Tuck, but after watching that show and how much down time they need after surgery, I'm really having second thoughts. A little extra skin on the tummy won't hurt me I suppose ;)

they seem to take a lot of time off because there are like two to three surgeries. That's a long time, I'm not sure if I could even do that and be financially stable for that amount of time.

Two weeks off work was ok for a TT and panni for me (I had my arms done too). Could I have used more time off work, sure! But it was manageable.

The girl that was at 195lbs...I didn't really understand getting the surgery at that point. If she loses the rest of the weight, which she said she wants to do (you know the "right way"????) shell have just as much loose skin and she'll need more skin surgery. I'm not sure what it got her, unless she wasn't being honest about where she wants to end up weight wise.

None of us like looking "deflated" as we are losing our weight. But we have our goal in mind. It just seemed like she wanted to skip to the end.

There's no freaking way I'd go through all of this if I had another 50lbs to lose!! And why don't the dr's question it? I know...it's a tv show ????

And yah...both of the guys that had the man-boob jobs I was thinking the same thing. The doc needs a class on anatomy. They don't go there !!

For any female wondering, on a breast lift for women...it stays attached. ???? (not that I've had one darn it, but I've seen the operation and researched it)

Two weeks off work was ok for a TT and panni for me (I had my arms done too). Could I have used more time off work, sure! But it was manageable.

The girl that was at 195lbs...I didn't really understand getting the surgery at that point. If she loses the rest of the weight, which she said she wants to do (you know the "right way"????) shell have just as much loose skin and she'll need more skin surgery. I'm not sure what it got her, unless she wasn't being honest about where she wants to end up weight wise.

None of us like looking "deflated" as we are losing our weight. But we have our goal in mind. It just seemed like she wanted to skip to the end.

There's no freaking way I'd go through all of this if I had another 50lbs to lose!! And why don't the dr's question it? I know...it's a tv show ????

And yah...both of the guys that had the man-boob jobs I was thinking the same thing. The doc needs a class on anatomy. They don't go there !!

For any female wondering, on a breast lift for women...it stays attached. ???? (not that I've had one darn it, but I've seen the operation and researched it)

While it's a rare complication, the nipple death can occur with any breast surgery. Just Google "nipple death after breast lift" and plenty of stories (and pictures) on RealSelf show up that will made me want to research some more or give up on the idea of breast surgery.

Last week's skin tight. I can't believe how had those young doctors are. They are never aggressive enough with skin removal. They leave a shelf on every Tummy Tuck and I don't even think they do muscle repair. They are so bad.

They are making Dr Now look like a magician.

I agree. It's like they are scared to do some contouring. They only remove the skin and even then it's not enough. Do some Lipo and sew up some muscles! The one woman at the end said she could finally see her progress at the gym and I felt bad for her because her arms still didn't look great...I couldn't see any muscle tone because they left too much skin. Or maybe she's still very swollen. What do I know?

She looked terrible, it barely looked like she had skin removal surgery.

These people are NEVER in the right compression garments after surgery!!!!! It drives me crazy. They just wrap them like mummies and call it a day. They are the worst examples of surgery and after care.

They never lipo, they never shape. They do the bare minimum.

This show is terrible to show people what skin removal can do for you.

The girl that was at 195lbs...I didn't really understand getting the surgery at that point. If she loses the rest of the weight, which she said she wants to do (you know the "right way") shell have just as much loose skin and she'll need more skin surgery. I'm not sure what it got her, unless she wasn't being honest about where she wants to end up weight wise.

She and that kid needed shrinks more than surgery.

Okay, I'm going to just stop watching Skin Tight altogether.

The 2 episodes I watched, they keep referring to all the hard work they put into losing the weight "naturally" and the "right" way by what they and their doctors say.

While I admire them for their hard work, f*ck that show. I feel it is blatantly being bias against WLS.

Plus like others have said, the results are sub par. I'll stick to Botched. Those surgeons on that show are damn good at what they do.

@@Babbs, I noticed. They really like to point it out like a badge of honor. ???? But I still can't seem to tear my eyes away. Maybe because I'm still in research mode for skin removal. I'm very curious how Lindsey's results look because her stomach looks very similar to mine.