Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food and Liquid Temperature Tolerance

What temperatures can you tolerate?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What temperatures can you tolerate?

• Cold only goes down in morning
    • Hot only goes down in morning
    • Room Temp ONLY all day
    • Both Cold and Hot all day
    • Temperature Tolerance changes all day
    • Have not noticed

I have JUST FIGURED OUT that the liquid temperature or food temperature effects the way things go down. So, I was wondering if others have similar situations going on.

I can drink room temperature liquids most mornings, and must have cooled/luke warm items the rest of the day. Nothing on the extreme side of temperature will go down. (Nothing cold, nothing hot.)

I can drink hot or cold all day.

I *think* cold tightens me up, but I never tend to drink really cold liquids, I either drink tap Water or coffee most of the time. Its rare for me to drink juice or soft drink straight out of the fridge - oh, apart from a nice cold chardonnay. But wine loosens me up - in more ways than one, lol.

If I tried to drink iced Water and then eat toast in the morning I suspect I'd notice!

Every single day since my banding I have to start the day with something hot. It can be tea, Water, broth, whatever, but cold will get stuck in a NY minute if it is before 11am. Started with banding and never changed. The warm liquid seems to open me up and allow me to take food for the day. weird but now it is just a way of life and seems normal to me now.

I'm the same. I have to have something hot in the am to open me up. While I've managed to come off most of my meds since banding, I still have a few pills I have to take in the mornings. Taking them with hot tea or my newly discovered Protein Shake "hot chocolate" (killing two birds with one stone!) is the only way they'll go down.

I am always careful when I fill up a glass with Water to make sure the temp. is

right. I don't want anything super cold anymore either. It's going to get interesting soon since I am going to be eating with my dad who doesn't know I got banded. He wants to eat out every day. I always order Water with no ice, and he's going to think that's very strange because it will be very hot outside. I have been trying to think of what I am going to tell him

when he asks why I don't drink ice water anymore!

I take all my meds with warm water.

I am always careful when I fill up a glass with Water to make sure the temp. is

right. I don't want anything super cold anymore either. It's going to get interesting soon since I am going to be eating with my dad who doesn't know I got banded. He wants to eat out every day. I always order Water with no ice, and he's going to think that's very strange because it will be very hot outside. I have been trying to think of what I am going to tell him

when he asks why I don't drink ice water anymore!

I take all my meds with warm water.

Just tell him you have a tooth that is giving you some problems and cold hurts. Tell him you have a dental appt when you get home. You never know, he might not even notice.