Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you use tools like My Fitness Pal, Fitbit, etc?

I use MFP And the Heath app. They are the two I really use on a regular basis. I got a H2o pal for my birthday and love that thing! It is going to help track my Water perfectly. I really need something that I can track my measurements on that will do the math for me.

Mfp and fitbit!

I use both religiously.

I use MyFitnessPal and a Fitbit Zip. I love them both. I lost one Zip and had to get a replacement ASAP I felt naked without it.

Yes! I use both and love both. They help keep me on track!!!

I have a Fitbit charge HR and use myfitnesspal. I am going to be adding a Fitbit one to clip on my bra because I can't wear anything(bracelets, watches, etc.) on my wrists at work(new policy as of January 2016). I will wear the one at work and charge HR all other times. LOVE seeing my steps add up and myfitnesspal keeps me on track with my Protein. I got it all set up for my low calorie, high protein intake. They both keep me honest and on track????

I wanted to like MFP because it syncs so beautifully with my Jawbone...but while it does have an enormous database, the micronutrient breakdown I can get out of Cronometer is SO.MUCH.BETTER I don't mind not having the sync! Cronometer also calculates the total weight of a recipe, so I'm not stuck with a random serving size I have to fiddle with if I can only get down 70 grams of chili instead of whatever the "regular" serving size is. I just put in 70 grams and it figures it all out for me. ALSO - while I appreciate MFP's recipe crowdsourcing, I generally don't want to use those anyway because I have no idea what other people are putting in their chicken saag...or carnitas...or whatever. The micronutrient totals are 100% what I want. They'll tell me when I'm ready to start weaning off supplements, if ever.

It will export to CSV, but it's kind of messy. That would be a great problem for someone to solve!

Haven't used a Fitbit, but I had a BodyMedia band (blast them for getting sold) and am currently using an UP3. LOVE the automatic-ness of everything but particularly the sleep monitoring. Plus the mobile app is lovely. I also have a Basis Peak which is nice during workouts for heartrate, and it's got a slick watch interface. But if I had to pick, I'd go with the UP3.

Edited by jeaniebobeanie

I'm just started using MFP today, can someone please tell me if there is a way to scan in food and how you do it???

Mine has a barcode button at the top right corner when I go to add in foods. All I have to do is scan the item and it automatically enters it if it is in their database.

I use both and love them.

Yes I still use...... you will be low with calories. I think at your stage I was only hitting like 400 lol

Edited by shannalynne

Add unflavored Protein Powder such as Unjury to yogurt. I had yogurt fir Breakfast and lunch and added the Unjury and that gave me my minimum of 60 grams for the day

My fitness pal and my Apple Watch are invaluable.

Cronometer is great for recipes, it is really the best there is as far as details. I used it for making recipes and getting the nutritional label for them. Love it.

I wanted to like MFP because it syncs so beautifully with my Jawbone...but while it does have an enormous database, the micronutrient breakdown I can get out of Cronometer is SO.MUCH.BETTER I don't mind not having the sync! Cronometer also calculates the total weight of a recipe, so I'm not stuck with a random serving size I have to fiddle with if I can only get down 70 grams of chili instead of whatever the "regular" serving size is. I just put in 70 grams and it figures it all out for me. ALSO - while I appreciate MFP's recipe crowdsourcing, I generally don't want to use those anyway because I have no idea what other people are putting in their chicken saag...or carnitas...or whatever. The micronutrient totals are 100% what I want. They'll tell me when I'm ready to start weaning off supplements, if ever.

I use MFP along with S Health on my Galaxy phone. I have a Samsung Gear Fit that I use to track cardo/heart rate/etc.

I bought myself an Apple Watch and I have to tell you, I'm so glad I did. I added an app called Mango that will alert me every time I have to take my supplements. I also have my FitBit on the same arm...people are starting to call me a techie robot. LoL

As far as my go-to calorie/nutrient tracker, MyFitnessPal is the one. I like how you can add friends and we can cheer each other on, and more important, help each other through the rough spots. Speaking of, if any of you want to be either FitBit or MyFitnessPal buddies, my e-mail is LMYoung82@aol.com. Please feel free to add me! :)