Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slightly off the rails

It all started at the movie theatre on New Year's Eve. I ate my Protein bar, then some of my husband's popcorn, more popcorn, a few good and plenty, Dots. Then we went to a bar where I had a cocktail, half a cheeseburger and a few fries. When I got home I dug into my daughter's chocolate stash. First chocolate I've eaten in 8 months. It all a felt so familiar, this was old time diet sabotage! In the past I would have completely given up at this point, diet over.

I was thinking of all the fattening things I could eat on New Year's because it would still be a holiday. Good news is I woke up and got right back on the horse so to speak and stuck to my eating plan all day without any crazy ideas popping into my head. I'm kinda glad the frick'n holidays are over.

My derailment went on for more than a week, resulting in a big gain - my first since surgery 10 months ago.

As a result, I have been tracking in myfitnesspal, back at the pool but have been having the most difficult time managing what I eat. I'm deciding whether to go back to liquids for a day or two, or do the full five-day pouch test.

Whichever I choose, it's starting today.

I am so sorry to hear this but we are all human and don't always make the best choices.

The only thing I can suggest is that you forgive yourself but reflect on what happened so you can learn from this situation so it can help you make better choices next time.

Going back to basics is a great plan!

Today is a new day and even a new year!

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I also was pretty irresponsible NYE and had some (ok alot) of doritos and half a shot glass of coffee patron to say goodbye to 2015. I'm still paying for it!!! Not only did I have a weight gain of 6lbs. YES!!!! 6lbs, but I haven't come out the bathroom since then! I've been back on the magic carpet ride (my term for this journey) since but my body is still not very happy :(

I knew darn well I was going to eat crap through the holidays, so I just planned for it. Went on a 5 day liquid Protein "preop" diet the week before. Started the holidays at my lowest weight ever and ate pancakes, hash browns, Cookies, candy, eggnog, rum, chocolate, bloody Mary's, stuffing, you name it. Actually am glad it's over cause my tummy hurts! But weighed in after it was all over at just 1 pound over my bounce range which a couple days of Protein and veggies will remedy.

Love my sleeve!

@@Kindle,note to self to "prepare" next year before the holiday.

I gained 3 lbs & I'm still struggling to get to goal, so the gain was difficult to handle (even though I enjoyed myself immensely).

I decided going into this that I did not want this to be a lifetime of dieting. I wanted to enjoy food responsibly, nothing is off-limits.

In the future, I have to remember that planning for it is key .

@@Kathy812 yes, I've spent the last year figuring out what works for me. It's a fine line balancing what I WANT to do vs what I HAVE to do to maintain. I never want to feel like I'm on a diet, but I do realize certain "sacrifices" have to be made. So far so good, but I also know it will likely change the further out I get. Good luck!

I had a plan simile to Kindle. I decided to indulge. I prepared and dropped a few extra pounds first, gained that and another two and my always normal weight friend said "welcome to a normal holiday season." Now I am back on plan (and subbing a few meals with Protein shakes) and confident I will be back to "fighting weight" in a couple of weeks!

It's part of life!