Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel weak and I can't keep anything down

I was sleeved on 12/15 and I am struggling to get my fluids and Protein in. Even when I take tiny sips I get bad reflux and nausea. I am weak as Water help does anyone have any suggestions?

I was sleeved 10/12 and I still struggle with this. I must remember to take my antacid every day or the acid reflux gets so bad I can't sleep and end up with it coming back up on me. If the dr has not prescribed you some I recommend taking this. It's been a necessity for me!! I also recommend logging your meals, I use MFP and this has been helpful for me to see where I need improvement and what foods are higher in Protein for me. Good luck on your journey and congratulations! Despite the minor issues, I am still so very glad I had this done!!

Thanks Astrosgirl

I was sleeved on 12/15 and I am struggling to get my fluids and Protein in. Even when I take tiny sips I get bad reflux and nausea. I am weak as Water help does anyone have any suggestions?

Are things any better?

Just a little. I had to go to the ER for dehydration, where the they put me on some anti nausea meds and a PPI

Just a little. I had to go to the ER for dehydration, where the they put me on some anti nausea meds and a PPI

Oh gosh. Well I pray you are all better soon!!!

With the egg custard you can make it thinner.... so it is easier to keep down and you get some Protein in.... Sometimes the easier things are better try some Beans... any kind that sit well with you ...

Egg Custard.

Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: 6

1 cup milk
One 12 ounce can evaporated milk
4 large eggs
1/4 cup Splenda or 1/4 cup Truvia
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
freshly grated nutmeg

Instructions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place 6 custard cups or ramekins in a large roasting pan and set aside.
Add the milk, evaporated milk, eggs, Splenda, and vanilla to the blender and pulse until smooth.
Pour into the custard cups and grate a generous amount of nutmeg over each one.
Pour enough hot Water in the roasting pan to come about halfway up the sides of the custards and bake 25 to 35 minutes, until just set in the center and are still a little jiggly. MAKE SURE YOUR CUSTARDS ARE SET BEFORE REMOVING FROM OVEN - oven temps and size of custard cups vary.
Carefully remove the custards from the Water bath, and transfer to towel to cool. Serve chilled.

No Pie, pumpkin Pie!

Ingredients

One 15-ounce can Libby's pumpkin purée
1/4 cup Truvia sugar replacer or ? cup Splenda granulated
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
Splenda sweetened
whipped cream for serving

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mix the pumpkin, Truvia, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves in a large bowl.
Beat in the eggs.
Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
Pour into glass or ceramic baking dish. Bake until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack, then refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with whipped cream.