Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice that makes you crazy.

Yep, I know people that live on the scale. It would drive me insane. That constant checking and calculating and worrying makes my corneas itch.

I'm fairly used to goofy questions. Riding a motorcycle will get you squarely in that same class of dumb comments.

*take riding gear off, shake the rain off.

Did you ride today? *cue look like they're a golden retriever being teased with a tennis ball.

Nope, elephant carried me in with his trunk.

For the most part I have fun with it. When it's the same stuff from the same person over and over I begin to become more of the typical grumpy IT troll in the basement though.

Omg I totally lol'd

You're hilarious!

There's one lady at my work that asks specific weight loss #'s. It is a little awkward but I'll admit that she is my biggest cheerleader and rooting for me everyday! She's a sweet lady so I tell her.

She compliments me all the time.

I have to say I haven't had not a single other person (friend or family member) ask me specifics yet.

If it comes tho I'll probably tell them. If it's someone I don't care for them to know the exact # - I'll probably just say "oh I don't know exact, I haven't weighed myself in a while"

Although I will know exactly because I probably weighed myself like 5 seconds ago) HAHA

I do like the idea (when I get that far) to say I've lost a hobbit or an 8 year old or an Olsen twin ... ;)

Edited by heather5565

When I'm doing something healthy for myself and someone looks at me seriously and tells me to do A. B. C. when I just finished telling them that I'm doing A. B. C.

Then go have a pizza.

Made of brownies.

Does that just irk anyone else?

I don't get irritated because of "advice." What irritates me is when someone asks and clearly pays no attention to the response.

What would irk me even more is being presented with pizza made of brownies. I'm a pizza purist. Actually, I've had pizza no more than twice in the past six years.

I suppose that if there is such a thing, I'm a chatoicist. I like the idea of a brownie pizza. I don't want to eat it. But I'd like to see the attempt????

I can handle one dose of the non listening. I know a few people that just keep not listening and spooling off the same thing 5-6 seconds after not listening. It drives me mad.

As an example. I'm starting to go my pre-op low carb, low fat, low taste diet.

I say to my mother... I'm doin yadda yadda. It's hard but I'm doing it.

Mom replies: Well what you should do is eat low carb, low fat, low taste.

I'm already doing that.

Well you've got to do it anyway. Try harder.

repeat this a dozen times or so, then progress to.

What are you doing on the computer?

Looking for a sale on wood chippers.

What do you mean by "low taste"? Just curious.

Heya. I mean the low fat/low carb diet that they want done for the pre-op. The "consider losing 5-10lbs" thing. So I've been hitting the greenery hard. Nothing fried, no breads, very lean meats, no Condiments. and I'm chopping the portions down as much as I can.

To me that generally winds up with a kind of bland product. I've been trying to combat it with lots of spices. I've come up with a sort of stir fry.... thing.... that tastes vaguely mexican.

The people who offer such insightful weight loss advise to my obesity (and only short term success with dieting):

"You can just lose weight if all you did was eat less and exercise."

Thank you Captain Obvious. I can also fly if I just grew a pair of wings or win Powerball if I only picked the winning numbers.

Let me know if Sears is having a sale on wood chippers this week. :)

Im back at md, for my last visit to the surgeon and anesthesiologist in the next two days.

When people asked me how much I've lost, I simply say a lot.

When people asked me how much I weighed, I simply smiled and asked why on earth they would ask such a personal question.

I never told people I had WLS so I never had to hear the horror stories or tales of regain.

Honestly, I must be quite bitchy because very few people were intrusive and no one asked me if I had surgery. The comments I get on how little I eat in volume are rare as are the comments on how frequently I eat.

I don't get advice but people often ask me for it. I simply tell them I do low carb, high Protein, higher fat and I move my body.

Anyone who goes too far simply gets a condenscending look and a tsk tsk for being rude. I don't entertain any more than that, period.

As for the low taste diet? Why on earth? I eat such small amounts, I want full flavor, great texture, spicy (not necessarily hot). I love Indian, Mexican, Vietnamese, different foods I never would have tried before. I eat the meat, leave the starch and enjoy fatty sauces and gravies. It's working!

If someone you don't know well ask you for your weight or how much you have lost just say "Please google Nunya Bidness. That should answer your question."

Just pee on em. All of em haters and know it alls!

Video it and post here

If someone you don't know well ask you for your weight or how much you have lost just say "Please google Nunya Bidness. That should answer your question."

I am still pre-op but LOVING this thread cause I work with some nosey witches!!!!

Seems like having WLS gives people some crazy idea that they can ask personal questions they would never ask anyone on a "normal diet". I have lost weight before and no one ever barged in and asked for a number or gave advice. Now, the majority of people want to know how much, and give advice. It is super annoying but I try to just let it roll of my back. I know most of my friends and family are super supportive of just a little nosy.

One of my biggest rants is the few ( I have only had three people ask this and they are people who I only see like once a year) who ask "So, have you started gaining any weight back yet?" My response to all three of these butts have been... "Oh no, as a matter of fact I just dropped a few more pounds and I have to work really hard not to keep losing a lot more. I don't want to get too thin at my age. Sometimes it's a struggle to get all my calories in and I have to resort to eating chocolate or cakes."

This is such a lie, I work my butt off for every pound lost- but I remember when I was heavy I detested people who used to say they couldn't keep their weight up and would lose so easily. After I said that it shut all of them up and then they all started moaning about how they wish they had that problem and everything they ate made them gain weight.

I need to remember this one :D Thank you :)