Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is a new day!! As long as you don't let one slip up continue days after day and meal after meal you will be fine.

Life happens and many people have the occasional meal or day where what they eat isn't completely healthy.

Just get right back on you plan!!

I am in maintenance so Christmas I ate whatever I wanted. Back on my normal eating plan today. It will be a slight challenge because all the cakes, pies, and other goodies are still hanging around for my family. My plan is to stay busy and remained focused!!

You can do it!!

Same as @@glitter eyes, I ate and drank pretty much what I wanted yesterday. Now, it's back to clean eating like I do 90% of the time. It's all about balance.

Yesterday was 1 day. As long as we don't treat everyday like Christmas, we should be good. Time to just move on and get back to what is working for us for a healthier life!

That is why Mrs. Clause worries about Santa so much. He know where all the naughty girls live!

... Another 1 hr later (here is the bad bad part), bite of cookie, bite of fudge, bite of cake, bite of Peanut Butter pretzel...probably totaling 2.5 oz of crap in one sitting! I am MORTIFIED! What was I thinking (clearly I wasn't).

Has anyone ever done this and gone on to still lose weight? I thought there would be consequence physically if one was naughty. Physically I am fine. Not even a cramp. Mentally, I am very depressed I was weak. :wacko: I hope I am not doomed

Other people have done this, do do this and will do this again and, yet, weight-loss is always on the horizon for them. You, however, will never, ever, ever lose weight again. Doom, doom, doom. This is how special you are.

Seriously, 2.5 oz of crap in one sitting cannot cut you loose in space. As a steady thing, though, it will set you back and very likely lead to increasingly greater splurges. A couple of things that I advise because they work for me:

Children are "bad" or "naughty." Grown-ups make choices, not always wise ones, but choices all the same. I realize that you may have used those words half-jokingly, but the other half is what counts. Adopt adult vocabulary and the adult attitude will follow; banish the kids' vocab.

It's not always easy, but focus more on the kind of thinking that eluded you.

Remind yourself that you made a not-so-great choice, but that it could have gone way beyond 2.5 oz.

Give yourself a break. You'll be fine.

Just remember how you ate last year, Maybe 4 or 5 ounces of turkey, a cup of potatoes, 1/2 a cup of stuffing, 2 pieces of fudge, 3 Cookies, 1 large piece of pumpkin pie.....repeat 4 hours later!......I don't think you were that bad. That was example of holiday moderation in my book. I bet you were an angel today! Forgive yourself and move on!

I am 6 weeks post op. and its holiday time. I am already at a stall (1 week now .... sigh). I started eating solid food 3 days ago and I am not having any problems eating anything. So, I eat a little turkey, a bite of sweet potato, 2 green Beans, and a bite of stuffing. No problem at all. 2 hours later....bite of pumpkin pie. Another 1 hr later (here is the bad bad part), bite of cookie, bite of fudge, bite of cake, bite of Peanut Butter pretzel...probably totaling 2.5 oz of crap in one sitting! I am MORTIFIED! What was I thinking (clearly I wasn't).

Has anyone ever done this and gone on to still lose weight? I thought there would be consequence physically if one was naughty. Physically I am fine. Not even a cramp. Mentally, I am very depressed I was weak. :wacko: I hope I am not doomed

You are so cute! I'm only two weeks out, and I've been able to eat anything I've wanted (limited quantity, however!) since day one! I've lost twelve pounds at my 14-day mark, but I believe I could have lost more if I'd stuck to the protocol!

From what I've read, you will be fine! Just get back on track and EXERCISE!! I am joining a gym today and getting back into my routine (I was walking five miles a day last summer!). The successful people I've heard from have really incorporated fitness into their routine. I've also read that one "blunder" won't blow it for you! Hang in there!

I had my sleeve surgery in September of 2013. December of 2013 I had a great time eating junk food at the holidays. Cake, chocolate, ice cream- you name it. January I was right back on the wagon. Then in December 2014, I was about 8 pounds from goal and I did the same thing. I had Cookies, chocolate, candy, whatever I wanted for 2 weeks. It was great and I actually didn't gain any weight. January 2015 I went back to eating normally with the personal agreement with myself that in December I could eat whatever I wanted. Because I knew I could be a pig in December, I had no really crazy urge to eat badly the rest of the year. I hit goal in April 2015 and I except for an 8 pound jump at the end of the summer, I am now right back to floating within 2 pounds of my goal weight. Also, guess what...I have no interest in eating junk. I haven't had a single bite of sweet or dessert this entire holiday season. Being thin, fitting into size 0's, and wearing xs clothes is far better to me than enjoying sugar and Desserts. I gave up the one time of year I gave myself license to eat whatever I want and I am not remotely bummed about it.

In the end, being thin really does feel better than anything tastes. It's ok to have a fall off the wagon day or week as long as you get right back on it.

You will be fine! I have had many bites of this or bites of that and it has not affected me negatively... having bites here and there and eating a whole slice of pie are totally different. A bite usually satisfies my craving and I move on back to my diet plan.

We all are going to have these days. Full up on Fiber. Sip more Water. Go for a walk, Out of sight out of mind. Get away for the Cookies. If they are at your house throw them away. Pick your head up and move on????

To chime in again and reiterate the point that others have made--we may feel like we went totally crazy and ate a ton at Christmas, but when you look at it from the non-bariatric point of view, it's really insignificant. I came downstairs this morning and whined to my husband about gaining 4/10 of a pound over the past few days, and he looked at me, rolled his eyes, and said, "I gained six." And then I checked to see how many extra calories I'd actually consumed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day... 350. Over two days. That's it.

tbeek,

Why would you be doomed? You’re only doomed if you think you are and, more importantly, if you act like you are! Everyone messes up. Just think about how bad it feels, and also think about what led you to take those extra bites. Maybe you thought you wouldn’t feel guilty, maybe you weren’t thinking. Next time, you’ll know – you’ll feel bad if you “nibble,” and it’s just not worth it.

And by the way, 2.5 ounces of bad stuff isn’t that bad! If it gets you to learn your lesson, it’s an awfully cheap lesson! :)

I have cheated so many times its not even funny and I'm still losing weight and gaining muscle. I just got back from a cruise and I feel like I ate 24/7. I probably gained 5 lbs on the cruise but I'm not worried about it as I'll go to the gym and get back into my better habits once I'm home.

The Sleeve is a tool. Use it and you will be fine. I actually indulged in alcohol on this past cruise. One drink and I'm drunk for a very short amount of time.. then sip some more... I guess smaller stomach = lighter weight drinker.

To chime in again and reiterate the point that others have made--we may feel like we went totally crazy and ate a ton at Christmas, but when you look at it from the non-bariatric point of view, it's really insignificant. I came downstairs this morning and whined to my husband about gaining 4/10 of a pound over the past few days, and he looked at me, rolled his eyes, and said, "I gained six." And then I checked to see how many extra calories I'd actually consumed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day... 350. Over two days. That's it.

I just weighed and you are right... I thought I'd gained a lot of weight as you can see in my post above. Nope. It's all in my head. Still the same weight. LOL

I got myself back on track yesterday--had a Protein Shake for breakfast; 1 oz. turkey pepperoni, a piece of light string cheese, and a prune for lunch; 1 oz. of cashews for an afternoon snack; 1/2 of a hummus-crusted baked chicken breast and 1/3 cup of Greek green Beans for dinner with a very small piece of high-quality chocolate for dessert; and another Protein shake for my evening snack. And had lots and lots of Water to drink. Weighed myself this morning, and I'd dropped the 4/10 of a pound I'd gained, plus another 2/10.

Now that's perspective!!! Any other year, without the sleeve, you would have gained six pounds also!