Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 14th Sleevers

Just to get it started! Safe space to bitch, moan, cry, laugh, share... No LIMITS!

Open to all, come join the party!

Holidays, here we come-.....

Howdy! I got the ok to start purée on Christmas, so I'm having eggs for Breakfast with my family!! (They consider fork mushed eggs a purée ::shrug::). I'm so excited to be able to have something normal.

Also saw my pathology report online and my chunk o' tummy looked good. I was a little nervous after dealing with uterine cancer this summer.

Wishing us all the best!!

I was sleeved Dec 17th and this has to be the worst time. I work in an office where anything bad to eat is there. Plus all the Christmas parties. I feel like I'm an outcast. I can't believe I feel this way. I am happy I'm going to get healthy but sad because to I'm missing out. Also I love baking for family and friends and I am not able.

I had lots of broth today! Real broth from a crock pot chicken. Made all the difference in the world as far as getting liquids in. I've been having troubles in that dept. Theres one thing i hate. Taking that Damn ursodal or whatever for gallstones. I open the capsule, the powder goes everywhere and i haven't found anything i can take it with that makes life easy.

1st post op check up shortly.. Feel great but hoping to advance in the post op diet restrictions. Lol

@@caressaxoxo A pound a day! It may not be exactly what you want, but hey, It's a start! I didn't think I was losing like I wanted either then TOM showed up and I realized that I was retaining Water and then weight just disappeared over night. Be patient! Use your tool, work the program- We got this. And yes, drinking more Water will help!

Had post op today! Mushy starts CHRISTMAS! YEAH. eggs and cottage chs here I come! Merry Christmas! Start Vitamins this weekend too. I am still not getting the Protein and water intake but I know it will get better. I just have to keep my head up and realize, this is LIFE- do my best!

@Ginger1217 I don't work anymore, but when I did work in an office, it was always the worst food and crap everywhere. No wonder office workers are so overweight all we did was sit and eat. Protein shakes and water, then take mushies when your advanced! Good Luck, I know it must be hard! We are here for you!

@@Amy Wolfe - I hear you on the broth! That's what I have been mixing unflavored Protein with, I can't stomach Protein drinks, too sweet! YUCK! I made some bone marrow broth last night but haven't had any yet, I should go have some. I slacking today! No protein yet. It almost makes me gag to just think about it sometimes, lol.

@@DaisyAmy - I commend you on going through all this and getting over cancer. Congrats on fighting and winning! I am so sorry you have/had to go through all of that! Life deals you a shady hand and you play it the best you can! Way to go! XOXO

Edited by Terra B

I was sleeves the 14th..started puréed yesterday. Tried the scrambled eggs because I was soooo excited for regular food but didn't feel so great afterwards. Today had some avocado puréed and mashed sweet potato and that went good. I do agree it is SUPER hard resisting all these sweets this time of year but I'm staying strong..so far. Also just wondering about how many calories a day ppl are taking in ? I was at maybe 300 all last week now I'm on puréed and it's been 500-600. I know I'm way short on Protein only about 25gm at best but I'm hoping now with the purée it'll be easier to get more protein in. Just curious as to other people's intake at this point post op.

I'm on full liquid until 1 12. My surgeon has us go 4 weeks. Liquid, i dont get much at a time. Not because im too full, but because im scared of feeling what too full would feel life. However tonight i went and got egg drop Soup. At least 10 ounces id say. I ate it all except the onions and carrots in about an hour. It was so good i couldn't so eating. My stomach never hurt once so then i got freaked out like wth did i do. Only thing is i am so thirsty now because of the sodium in it. And can't drink for another 20 mins at least. I just can't believe i ate all the soup.

My dr insists on liquids for 3 weeks after surgery. Today was hard with everyone eating yummy Christmas dinner. I will say I snuck a nibble of stuffing. Looking forward to purées!

I was sleeved on the 11th and advanced to puréed on the 18th. Will be on purees till 1/11. Targeting 600 cals per day and 60g of Protein.< /p>

I had my VGS on December 14th and have been surprised at how quickly the pain went even when drinking. I am due to start puree on the 28th December next Monday. I have lost 15 kgs since starting the liquid diet in the weeks leading up to the surgery. I have not weighed myself since the operation. For christmas I shouted myself custard, diet jelly and chocolate with no adverse effects now back on my proper diet, with the Optifast shakes, vege juice and broth. I don find it difficult to drink enough liquids as I like Water, but I am curious what foods I will puree?? I assume tuna and eggs etc. I have also been mixing vital greens powder in my shakes with my dietician's approval and so I wonder if keeping up the nutrition has helped with the recovery? if anyone wants to try vital greens it tastes fine in the Optifast shakes and at two desert spoons a day a kilogram of powder has lasted me a few weeks.

For other sleevers in AUS I had my surgery at John Flynn on the Gold Coast by Candice Silverman. She is great and the hospital is really good. No problem always got the pain relief when I asked for it and stayed an extra two days because I live in the country and wanted to be safe and sure before going home. I did not feel any pressure to leave earlier and everyone was great, the bed was even comfortable which I was so surprised about.

Hello....I got sleeved on December 14th.....I already did the liquid diet and got good results losing 10 lbs in 7 days. The problem is that now that I am on to soft food for 4 weeks I don't know what to eat that help me lose more weight. I need food recipe ideas to get me through this stage successfully. Does anyone else feel hungry? I think I feel hungry a lot and I don't feel the full sensation I thought I would. Also my stomach makes a lot of noise.

I totally screwed on XMAS. Had some friends over and family and there,was like the pretzel mixes out and my friend brought sugar Cookies, we are talking and next thing i know, i am eating all this crap. what have done? now the question is, why didnt i get sick? i will NOT do that again, i thought i was stronger then that, i just cant believe what i did!

i hope everyone else remained stronger than I! it is so much harder than i could have ever imagined

I sipped on a watermelon slush all afternoon and it tasted awesome. It took me years to get off sodas and artificial sweeteners and I am not about to start back with them again! Everything in moderation.