Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 14th Sleevers

Sleeved 12/17.. Beyond over the liquids. Trying to put on a good face at my house since this is something I wanted but my god. I feel like I'm going to turn into a liquid . Can't stand the taste of any Soup anymore and I just want real food. I start my purée on Thursday so hopefully that will make life better lol. I got to have cream soup while my family had a turkey dinner on Christmas . ???????????? sorry for the vent. Just needed to say this somewhere where people would understand

Sleeved 12/17.. Beyond over the liquids. Trying to put on a good face at my house since this is something I wanted but my god. I feel like I'm going to turn into a liquid . Can't stand the taste of any Soup anymore and I just want real food. I start my purée on Thursday so hopefully that will make life better lol. I got to have cream soup while my family had a turkey dinner on Christmas . ???????????? sorry for the vent. Just needed to say this somewhere where people would understand

Sleeved 12/17. I can TOTALLY relate! Christmas Day was so hard. All the smells and the sweets. ???? I'm hoping the next phase comes fast.

I was sleeved 12/15, I had to avoid the kitchen at all the Xmas family events. I was able to eat a few bites of unbuttered mashed potatoes, I made myself a shake and had that the rest of the day. thankfully my whole family and husband's family all knew so it was easier.

Tomorrow I get to start soft foods, so tuna here I come!

We are all having similar things happen or do things we regret, at least we have somewhere to go to vent and know that others understand.

Had my 2 week post up today. Doc said im ahead of the curve doing better than they expected. I still have 2 weeks left of full liquids. It's funny im so hungry when i see pizza or burgers or real food, but when it comes to my meals, my yogurts and stuff im just not hungry. Lol swelling has definitely gone down, doing better with gent fluids in. Still horrible at Protein though. I mean less than 20 grans a day. I just can't do any more shakes or powders. I have to get better with it i know. Im going back to work tomorrow. Incisions healing nicely. No complications, nausea or anything like that. But expecting to experience that once i start real food or mushies. I really want eggs and cheese and avocados. Lol

Had my 2 wk post op, staples removed and was cleared for purees! Hallelujah!

Had my 2 week post up today. Doc said im ahead of the curve doing better than they expected. I still have 2 weeks left of full liquids. It's funny im so hungry when i see pizza or burgers or real food, but when it comes to my meals, my yogurts and stuff im just not hungry. Lol swelling has definitely gone down, doing better with gent fluids in. Still horrible at Protein though. I mean less than 20 grans a day. I just can't do any more shakes or powders. I have to get better with it i know. Im going back to work tomorrow. Incisions healing nicely. No complications, nausea or anything like that. But expecting to experience that once i start real food or mushies. I really want eggs and cheese and avocados. Lol

My doctor told us to worry more about Water and food intake in the beginning, as overweight people we still have plenty of fast and Protein reserved.

My protein intake is horrible too! We will get this all figured out eventually!

Xoxo

Just wanted to pop on here to see if everyone is finding it any easier to make good choices now that the "big" days are over. There are still Cookies and candy hanging around, but it's slightly easier to avoid them now that the rush is over...

Oh yea...now its just working on Fluid and Protein goals

Ok check in time! How is everyone doing? Im slowly incorporating some normal food in from the soft phase. I'm down 36lbs and 16inches!

Hi everyone!

It sound like mostly everyone is doing well and feeling well? I still am working on getting all my Water and Protein. I get to add mushy veggies, but I haven't yet. I am basically taking things at my own pace. I am not rushing anything. I want to make sure I am comfortable with all my liquids and Protein.

I don't eat much, I am still eating black Beans and eggs. I mix unflavored protein with broth and that is how I get most of my protein.

I keep a bottle of Water with me at all times to make sure I am drinking.

I got a fitbit for Christmas and it may not be accurate as it is claimed; but it still keeps me accountable for movement and keeping track of water and food intake so I do like that. It may tell me I take more steps than I really do or my HR isn't right, but I can still keep track of the other stuff.

I hope everyone has been doing well?!

Keep me posted!

I'm doing well, too. I was upgraded to regular diet, so that's nice. Concentrating on Protein and fluids still, of course. Down about 20 pounds!

I've hit the dreaded stall. Got to get moving more I guess!! I am now on regular food and am so thankful!