Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why we fail to continue succeeding:

The forum I have been a part of since before my surgery has died out and that is why I came here. I find it hard to believe you were in the armed services with your cry baby attitude. You must have been a reservist or a cook or something. There is no way you served in battle. No man attacks a military wife because she did not serve. I couldn't due to a serious back injury at 17. My daughter however in 3 months away from 18 and is enlisting.

As for the "look at how much weight I have lost" take the time to READ. It has been a hell of a road. It was not easy and I am not healthy because of it. Even following all the rules I need weekly Iron transfusions. I almost died during a routine gallbladder surgery. If you want to,see my labs I will be happy to share.

I posted my before and after photos showing all of the loose skin that comes with this surgery. A real look at weight loss not tight jeans and turtlenecks hiding all the trouble spots.

My post was an honest opinion of everything I have seen on boards like this and in real life over the past 3 years. Not a personal attack on you as a person but it seems you want to go to war. It's hard to control your emotions when you no longer have a chicken wing for a crutch.

There is an ignore button. Use it. I will see you in 2 years. I hope you succeed but if you hit the walls we all hit I hope you are man enough to admit it.

The forum I have been a part of since before my surgery has died out and that is why I came here. I find it hard to believe you were in the armed services with your cry baby attitude. You must have been a reservist or a cook or something. There is no way you served in battle. No man attacks a military wife because she did not serve. I couldn't due to a serious back injury at 17. My daughter however in 3 months away from 18 and is enlisting.

As for the "look at how much weight I have lost" take the time to READ. It has been a hell of a road. It was not easy and I am not healthy because of it. Even following all the rules I need weekly Iron transfusions. I almost died during a routine gallbladder surgery. If you want to,see my labs I will be happy to share.

I posted my before and after photos showing all of the loose skin that comes with this surgery. A real look at weight loss not tight jeans and turtlenecks hiding all the trouble spots.

My post was an honest opinion of everything I have seen on boards like this and in real life over the past 3 years. Not a personal attack on you as a person but it seems you want to go to war. It's hard to control your emotions when you no longer have a chicken wing for a crutch.

There is an ignore button. Use it. I will see you in 2 years. I hope you succeed but if you hit the walls we all hit I hope you are man enough to admit it.

You should truly consider seeking mental health counseling. You are a hateful person. Coming here and telling me I was going to fail, was unforgivable. Go troll another forum, I am not the only one who posted about you. I seek to share and help. That is all. I am no messiah, however my ass topic has helped many people, what have you done? Tear me down. As for my military service, what I did is none of your Fing business, I do not like talking about it. Musing about common topics is one thing, details about taking a life, fall well outside the scope of a friendly wen page. Nice line about the chicken crutch, recall YOU started this, not I. So simply go away. I've notified Alex Brecher about your posts in the hoped he bans you for attacking me in the manner you did. If not, troll away.

On a different note, you are correct, I did not read that your husband served. Glad to have him in family fold. I wish nothing but safety for your daughter, I am not a monster.

The whole point to these forums is to share our collective wisdom to help others. You had a hard time, I have a friend who had a GB 10-12 years ago who is going to die soon because he never took care of himself. He similarly has to get Iron injections 3 days a week once a month. His health problems will cost him his life, however I am resigned to this. I tried in vein for years to get him to take care of himself and eat right, only to be angrily told to leave it alone.

I saw your photos, and your loss is impressive. However telling a member here to go away and come back in 2 years would deprive all these people what lessons I have learned. That is not how I operate. This is my online family, these are the only people who understand what I am going through. I'll still be here in 2 years, and the 2 after that. This is a lifelong commitment.

I would suggest as an alternative that you go seek some help for your latent anger, or at least learn how to phrase things in a better way. Trying to bait me into an argument serves no one here any purpose. In fact none of your posts have added any value to this topic.

I can see why your old forum died with the likes of you around berating people. You'll not have the same success here.

These mark my final words on this subject to me it's closed. And if I could find it, I'd love to show you the x-ray of my left hand with shrapnel in it. I guess a rogue potato must have exploded and got me while I was cooking.....

Thanks this is very affirming. I am preop due to have GB on 2/1. This very mindset has been on my mind constantly. I know I have to embrace this as a life long change for this to be worth it. Why put myself through all of this if I turn back to the very things and thinking that brought me to this point in the first place.

@@LF1971

We fail the same way we succeed, 1% at a time, or slowly. Eat a cupcake, and note, did it kill you? Nope, there is no immediate reaction. To be really successful, your Surgeon cannot possibly overstate, this is a LIFELONG change. No more cupcakes. Ever. Can you live with that? Does your love of a cupcake surpass your desire to be fit and healthy? Is that cupcake going to be the one that causes you too stroke out? Or have a heart attack? It's like smoking. I started making these changes a very long time before I had surgery. I was already in a good place when I had surgery, it was not such a shock. Start now. Tonight. Throw out everything (well donate it) you will no longer be able to eat. That is a good start. If it not in the house, you can't eat it, right? And if ever you are going through a rough time, and you will, we are ALL here for you. WE are your biggest fan, we all want you to succeed.

Best of luck and Happy New Year.

Thanks Winklie good advice!! I will take it! Cupcakes not my drug of choice but I get your point no more Pasta, white potatoes and cola for me. Thanks so much for the realism & encouragement

@@LF1971

One day in the future, you'll pay it forward to someone else. That is what makes this such a great site!

I like the positive message of the 1%, but I guess I need to think a bit more about how directly it applies to maintaining massive weight loss.

I hit goal in Feb 2013 and weighed that exact weight Christmas morning 2015. I lost more than half my body weight and so far keeping it off and good health is a central focus of my lifestyle . I am far far from perfect but I feel like I had to change WAY more than 1%. I am not talking about just food and exercise either...

@@CowgirlJane

It is the aggregation of all the changes that add up. The whole principal is to start small. It's never too late to start, look at Team Sky!

Happy New Year

I should start what exactly?

@@CowgirlJane

It is the aggregation of all the changes that add up. The whole principal is to start small. It's never too late to start, look at Team Sky!

Happy New Year

@@CowgirlJane

The 1% thing, perhaps I misunderstood you, it is 1:45 am.

lol sorry about any confusion