Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You and your new post op ass, a guide.

@wilklie Again, I'm the opposite! I'd rather give birth to an 8-pound turd than basically pee through my butt. Different folks, different butt problem preferences.

And I was thinking of someone eating a healthy, balanced diet years out from surgery, not garbage. At least I'm crossing my fingers that one day a balanced diet will leave me less, well, butt hurt. ;)

I absolutely LOVE this whole thing! ???? the picture of the log in the toilet really sealed the piece though! ❤️

How long before MOM will start to work? I don't want it to start working while I am at the office as I want the privacy. I am literally starting to feel desperate and I have 10 days before I leave to go out of the country. My dr wants this resolved before then because the traveling will compound the issue (she is recommending traveling with a suppository :o ). I am scared of MOM after this thread.

How long before MOM will start to work? I don't want it to start working while I am at the office as I want the privacy. I am literally starting to feel desperate and I have 10 days before I leave to go out of the country. My dr wants this resolved before then because the traveling will compound the issue (she is recommending traveling with a suppository :o ). I am scared of MOM after this thread.

MOM actually works for me within 2-3 hours. It isn't that bad to me. You are gridlocked to your toilet for 30 mins or so. It produces about 3 bowel movements for me within 24 hours of one dose. I take the Philips MOM. It's not painful for me at all. Good Luck!

@@sharkgirl

The bottle says it will produce a bowl movement within a 1/2 hour to 9 hours, take before bed. Now WHY in the hell would I want to take something that is going to make me run my ass off, well no it needs to come along, run to the bathroom while I am trying to sleep? Drama? Perhaps there is a masochist who works there and the thought of people going Volcano and erupting in bed is amusing to them?

I have taken MOM three times. The first time produced a lot of rumbling, no poop. The second time was like Mt St Helens, I just exploded, the third time, not a whole lot. That third time btw, was 4 hours ago. I have a shoulder injury and my Doctor gave me Ultram, which plugs me up tight. Miralax was not helping, so I broke out the MOM. If I don't have a big dump today, I am sure tomorrow I will.

@@sharkgirl It has always worked for me within two hours, but everyone is different. The few times I've taken it have been right after work and on a Saturday, to avoid times I'd be at work and trying to sleep.< /p>

@@Sajijoma

I nearly cried laughing when I saw the log picture. In fact it's what got this whole topic going. I thought it would be a good way to interject some humor into a serious topic. And I still laugh whenever I see it.

As for @@gpmed we are very different. While squirting can cause some problems, like not being able to confidently leave the house. It's predictable. Once everything is gone, I know nothing is going to happen for a day or two. I hate HATE sitting in the bathroom trying to pass a pebble. Sahara ass, to me, is the worst thing ever. But to each his own. We all I guess have different desires and preferences for our asses. I prefer minimal effort and time pooping, so if I am a bit on the loose side, that is fine with me. I guess the delineation line for me is, if I can a) read and entire book without a significant poop, thats bad. B) if I get off the bowl and am all sweaty with bloodshot eyes after passing what amounted to some ass rocks, thats bad. If I go, in sit down and explode and in 30 seconds I am done, I can live with that.

@@winklie that is exactly where I am right now. My ever-faithful Smooth Move tea was no match for the hardcore antibiotic and pain pills I've been on for the past week since getting my impacted wisdom tooth out. I had to break out the big guns today because I couldn't stand the infrequent pebbles and intestinal cramps. Thanks for coming through for me, MoM. :P

Edited by Cervidae

@@winklie I think maybe your Sahara ass is worse than mine and my volcano ass is worse than yours. When it's Sahara, I can usually take something and work it out. When it's volcano, it's never just once for me. It's multiple times, my stomach is upset and I feel weak and shitty. (All puns intended)

I took it before bed and nothing but some rumbling. I'll take some more this weekend since I will be home in case the volcano erupts. :(

@@sharkgirl Best of luck, you show that poop who's the boss! Take control! Even if you have to resort to MOM. It happens.

@@gpmed

For me there are two scenarios that play out, Sahara and Volcano caused by natural forces and brought on by unnatural forces. For example the Sahara I am currently going through is due to medication, when today's dose of MOM kicks, in, it should be over quickly, that has been my experience. Same thing with Volcano if some med causes an acute ass malfunction, either I get used to it, or change the med. No amount of dietary changes will overcome painkiller induced Sahara.

On the flip side there are both conditions caused naturally, and this is where I tend to agree with you. If I get volcano as a result of illness or eating something that my ass is not fond of, it can take days to resolve itself. The same with Sahara. My standard line of defense is to examine my diet in detail and determine what I did to cause this, and to drop back a dietary stage, where I knew everything I was eating was ass approved. Once the culprit is identified and removed, normality follows soon thereafter.

I guess and lastly there are those times when for no reason at all, my ass locks up, and I mean tighter than a clams ass, and we all know that to be waterproof. These are the most perplexing times as I cannot explain why what is happening is happening, and no solution is readily available. Immodium, or MOM, depending on which was my ass failure is happening.

I just made myself laugh, I have a new slogan for the group, I am going to attach it to the original post. LMFAO

POWER TO THE POOPER!!!

I have a incisional hernia from an ostomy that will be fixed during surgery the 30th (yippee) anyways...... "it" has decided that letting go of gas is appropriate at anytime. farting from my stomach is kind of funny ...... but ready for it to get fixed!

I just made myself laugh, I have a new slogan for the group, I am going to attach it to the original post. LMFAO

POWER TO THE POOPER!!!

you are making me laugh out loud - I live alone and my cat keeps looking at me strangely.

LOL!!

POWER TO THE POOPER!!!