Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You and your new post op ass, a guide.

@@cherri2082

Any surgery is a risk. Although I bet farting from your stomach is kinda funny. I wish you a safe and successful surgery and a Very happy holiday season!

@@cherri2082

Good, then I am hitting the mark. Laugh and Learn, the two concepts need not be separate but employed together to maximize participation. I wish you a Very happy holiday season!

@@sharkgirl

I was literally sitting here in my chair laughing out loud after I though that one up. It's at the bottom of the initial post now. I am glad someone else found it as funny as I did. I with you a Very happy Holiday Season.

And that goes for everyone here on these forums, and to those who can no longer be here, our fallen hero's, our Vets who made the ultimate sacrifice, Have a Very happy holiday season! And to those who can no longer be with us, know that you are thought of often!

So by some defect, I am a default Sahara. Of course this had nothing to do with surgery. It was even prior. I knew this going in and expected it to worsen. So what I did was go out and buy a squatty potty...don't laugh.

Well I should have gotten more that one cause I can't go anywhere but in my master bath. I have never been so regular even when it is hard it comes out. What's funny is My Ass was not afraid of MOM. I would still be block and have liquid coming from around the blockage...so I threaten with the SquattyPotty. Like don't make me put my feet up.

@

Good advice, i'll add it to the original post. Happy Holidays!

For those following this, I edited the original post to include the following. This pertains to dealing with Volcano ass, it also applies to those people who live in warm areas of the country and world where they can exercise outdoors and work up a good sweat.

**Edit, I forgot when writing this to add something I take regularly, however I make SURE to take it when in Volcano mode for more than 24 hours. When your ass is erupting, and your are loosing mass amounts of Water, you are also loosing critical minerals that are required to support life. While I spoke about increasing Water, and you should, during these times I make sure to add (in my case my water canteens are 30oz) 2 NUUN tablets. They are essentially sugar free Gatorade. You can read about them here and buy them as well from that site (Amazon), they are effervescent but that only lasts for like 20 minutes, so drop a tablet or two into a bottle of water, and let it sit unopened in the fridge for 1/2 an hour and the carbonation is gone. They have a fairly mild flavor, but I've tried every flavor and while some I like better than others, there is none that I do not like at all.

I haven't experience the shat since my surgery, but I probably could have if I trusted a fart. I never have trusted one since a bad bought with food poisoning about five years back.

@@otillie03103

I trusted several. While most are benign, not all are. Words to live by.

Happy Holidays!!

This is to update an earlier post of mine. Today marks the second time I have had to resort to MOM. Actually I took 4 tablespoons yesterday, my stomach rumbled but no poop. I am plugged up due to painkillers, so it's a particularly difficult Sahara condition to overcome. I took 4 more tablespoons today around noon. All hell broke loose just about 4 hours later. I had a mini BM. Then another. Then sitting here I realized I had to GO. I got into the bathroom and on the throne, and began to strain, the colon boulders that were acting essentially as a plug, came flying out under great pressure. Then the eruption began. I would venture that I lost several pounds in the 1/2 hour that followed. This marks the second time I have used MOM to induce a bowel movement. Both times, resulted in me being totally cleaned out in short order once the actual pooping begins. MOM to the rescue. Current score My ass 0, MOM 2. Me = winner.

I'm three days post op and my BMs are straight liquid. Is this a concern at this point? All my paperwork says to wait until I have had liquid stools for three days before doing anything. I guess I can put up with another day of this and then call them on Monday.

My whole first week was entirely liquid, @@pink22 and they weren't concerned. Just told me to focus even more on liquids to prevent dehydration. :)

If your skin is on fire...try Aquaphor- you can find it either with baby diaper rash stuff or with the womens lotion. It is also good for chapped feet, hands or lips. I could buy it by 55 gallon drums!

Edited by cherri2082

Great post Winklie, very funny and informative! I already know I am going to have problems. I have had problems my whole life with Constipation. When I started the 2 Protein shakes a day well lets just say it was like your picture with the tree trunk in the bowl! :( I am still pre op (having RNY on 1/7) and I am currently eating two Fiber gummies with my one meal and taking one or two colace and every morning a cup of prune juice. This lets me go once a day without feeling like I am being ripped apart. I like the Smooth Move tea. Is that safe to drink once you are on full liquids post op? Also, when is it safe to start Probiotics? I know if they are capsules you can open them and sprinkle them on food so should I wait until I am eating mushy food or later? Sorry for all the questions.

I was finally successfully and lost 4 pounds!!!! It was a great weekend. Now I need to stay regular. Thank you all for your support. :P

@

Thank you for your kind words. As for your ass, excess Protein can cause Constipation. Protein is a very complex molecule to break down, it takes the body a lot of effort and Water to break protein apart so the body can use all the goodies inside. The best way to make sure you are not taking in too MUCH protein is to workout hardcore. Me, I walk. A lot. In fact I do not drive, I walk everywhere. I do a 7.57 mile walk in the morning, and log anywhere from 1-5 more miles each day. The biggest muscles in the body are your legs. My constantly pushing myself to walk further, faster, keeps my legs under a constant strain and thus they are being upgraded all the time. This makes use of a great deal of the protein I take in. As for Probiotics, the only advice I can give you is to ask your Surgeon or NUT. I cannot prescribe or recommend a medical treatment. That being said, a number of people have posted in various threads that they were instructed to start Probiotics before surgery and to continue after surgery. My NUT told me to hold off until the two month mark, I retorted with, why don't you get a case of uncontrollable diarrhea and wait another four weeks to take a natural substance that may help. She relented and as she was unaware of my ass problems suggested I start taking the probiotic I was already taking, now. At the end of the day, your Surgeon will give you advice, but the decision is ultimately up to you.

Have a very Happy Holiday Season!

@@sharkgirl

Nothing like a good poop to get the scale moving! I love it! POWER TO THE POOPER!! POWER TO THE POOPER!!

Have a very Happy Holiday Season!!

@@cherri2082

By little things I hope you were not referring to ass pebbles. You know when you strain for like 1/2 an hour and pass a little pebble. Worst thing EVER. I get the biggest kick out of MOM when I pass the colon boulder that has been acting as a plug. It comes out under force, with a lot of pressure behind it. I have actually learned to get up off the bowl when that is about to fly out, as it makes a big splash, followed by several pounds worth of now liquid poo.

Have a very Happy Holiday Season!!