Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on my 5 day post op recovery. I always have th fear of not waking up as I have problems with anaesthetic but they took all of this into consideration and it went well. Th worst is the wind pain, lots of peppermint Water eases it but nature has t take its course. I won't deny I have some pain and discomfort, also some nausea. But each day is slightly better and I'm tryin t concentrate on th positives. How some people manage t go back t work within days amazes me. I,m going t take my time and look after me. It's taken a lot t go through with this so I need t spoil me xx

I also fear this. I don't want to leave my kids without a mommy....which is also what's pushing me to do this

This is me 100%. If I didn't have them I wouldn't be so worried!!

Wonderful! Congratulations! I definitely had cold feet, especially as the surgery date approached. But I made a blog post early on about my "surgery bucket list" which basically had the reasons that I was having the surgery. Whenever that fear started to creep in, I would go back and revisit the post and remind myself of why it was so important to go through with. I mean, without the surgery, I'm certain I was headed to an early death or at the very least a lifetime of living from the sidelines with physical discomfort and increasing medical issues. I wanted more than anything to actively live a life with my husband and kids....and a long life. While no one can guarantee a long life, the surgery and getting healthy improved my chances of that. I just kept reminding myself of that. Now in retrospect, I can say it is the single best thing I have ever done for myself.

I have been going back and forth about whether or not to go ahead and have vsg surgery. I have finally decided that I will be doing it and as excited as I am, I am terrified beyond measure that I won't wake up from the surgery. I am so scared that I worry I might back out. Has anyone been this scared? How did you handle it?

I had major knee surgery at Mass General this past summer (ACL, meniscus, and knee realignment). At MGH they gave me an IV anesthetic instead of gas which apparently is much easier on people when they are waking up. I had no problems at all. I didn't even feel sick.

There is a .019% chance of death with the sleeve or something. Honestly there are good reasons that they do months worth of the ridiculous screening procedures, and this is one. If they get any indications that you're not healthy enough for anesthesia they won't approve you.

I was a little nervous before the knee surgery but now after having been through it I honestly say it's the least of my concerns. I'm more worried about keeping hydrated after the surgery.

I have had.... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, yes 7 surgeries in the past 20 years and look, I'm still kicking! I have never had one single problem with anesthesia.

You will be fine sweetheart!!!!!