Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to the first seminar yesterday my consultation is next week my insurance (medi cal) has a 3month waiting period I'm so super excited I can't wait to start feeling better.

Congrats, that's super exciting! I can't wait to hear more about your journey!

How exciting!! Congratulations on that first step. I recently attended the seminar and have an appointment for consultation in a couple weeks. My insurance requires 6 months of for a supervised diet so I may be a few months after you. ????

I absolutely agree!

I bet it's the same as in person. Mostly general information.

Congratulations. I am about 3 months into a 6 month approval process so perhaps we will both have surgery dates in March!

Congrats to all of you!! Be ready for a roller coaster of emotions! I started this process in May thinking I was going to be a September Sleevers only to find out that my employer requires 6 months and that was only the beginning of the "downs". At month 4 I thought I was wasting my time and money because this is never going to happen, they just keep wanting me to do more and more and more to jump through their hoops!!! I was almost to the point of giving up but what kept me going was reading others experiences on here and I just kept this thought in the back of my mind " this one or that one thought it was never going to happen" but here they are saying they are approved and ready to start their second chance at this :) Well, I am here to say that even though this was the roller coaster from Hades, I am being sleeved on Dec. 28th. So, hang in there and roll with the punches and please don't give up!! Again, congrats to all of you who made the decision to make your health/life better before it got any worse!!

Destiny is so right it is a roller coaster ride for many of us. Unfortunately I am one of them as well. I have been trying since June 15 2015 to get the sleeve. I have been done with the 6 months supervised diet since before Thanksgiving, have insurance approval and clearances from all Dr's except for the PCP. The PCP wants a surgery date and the surgeon doesn't give out dates until they have PCP clearance. It is a Catch 22. So I called the surgeon today and told them they have to give me a date. So they gave me a dummy date to give to the PCP. When I asked will my surgery be close to that date I was told NO the surgeon is filled up for Jan and you will probably be in Feb.

It is very frustrating and I have beating the heck out of my punching bag. It is a sit and wait game as well. Wait for referral, wait for an appointment to see the different Drs, if more testing is needed wait for that approval and then wait for the testing appointments and wait to see the Dr for the results. Unless your insurance and Dr are a heck of a lot better than mine I would not get so excited. I did and now I am so deflated and upset by what has happen. I am even thinking of changing Drs to see if another will take me soon than Feb.