Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting sleeved in January?

The pre op diet is about shrinking the liver so they can get to the tummy without problems. In the UK everyone has to do this plan, private or NHS. Am having mine at the Chichester suite

My sleeve surgery is 1/28 and my husbands is 1/26. I am doing ok on my pre op diet. I started a day early to be with my husband. However, he is having trouble with the food choices. He missed chewing. It's difficult for him. The only soil if type food we can have is grits. Has any of you southern girls or guys ever made crunchy grits in oven or anything ? Advice please

My surgery is postponed for second time. I should've been sleeved this Wednesday the 20th, but I started flu and fever last night so the doctor had to postpone it another 1 week. It's very difficult to wait for the day! But I'm positive regarding this and trying to keep myself warm to recover soonest!

Oh no sorry to hear you had to postpone that's my biggest worry that I get a cold and have to postpone .. The wait again will be months if I have to

My date is 27th! I am not required to do a pre-op diet but decided to do it anyway to be extra prepared. I only lasted a few days on it which is worrying. I guess it's hard to stick to something when you know you don't really have to do it! But still doesn't bode well for the future, hope I can stick to the plan!

Hi Jenskin, same for me having it on 27th and no need for pre-op diet. But since I've been struggling with flu for the last few days all I've been eating is Soups and hot liquid, no appetite at all. I'm kinda happy for it I feel like I'm preparing my body for the post-op diet. Otherwise I'm sure I could not have done it or neglected myself. Keep up the good work and let's keep posted

Hi Jenskin, same for me having it on 27th and no need for pre-op diet. But since I've been struggling with flu for the last few days all I've been eating is Soups and hot liquid, no appetite at all. I'm kinda happy for it I feel like I'm preparing my body for the post-op diet. Otherwise I'm sure I could not have done it or neglected myself. Keep up the good work and let's keep posted

Hi Sarine,

For some reason, it is comforting to know someone else has the same surgery date as me!

Also, glad to hear you have no preop diet, seems like the majority of people do!

J

Good luck everyone!! I am almost 3 weeks post-up (Jan 4). My advice is to pack lip balm and GasX strips to the hospital. Don't get discouraged if you can't swallow plain Water the day after which seems to have happened to a lot of people other than myself. Just remain calm and practice makes perfect.

Remember it's surgery it will pass.

Hi there I had my surgery January 5th day I surgery I was 294 and I'm at 10 day post op . I'm at 269 . 25 pounds down . I was wondering if anyone was eating anything yet ? I'm still shakes and pudding Water etc.... I want to try redraws Beans but maybe to soon yet or actually something different . I know I can't eat muck cause just the pudding is hard to get down . Any help??

@Scottyg. I had my surgery on Jan 6th with my 2 week appt being on Jan. 19th. As of Jan. 20th I was cleared by my surgeon to eat regular food. I have been eating slowly. I tried raw mushrooms and raw carrots and cooked spinach, mashed potatoes, creamy Soup, ground turkey, tofu, cottage cheese, and a veggie burger. All has stayed down nicely. I feel very full at about 2-3 oz. I dont drink anything while I eat as directed by my Nutritionist. I wait that half hour. Im taking my chewable bariatric Vitamins too. I drink Isopure drinks for Protein. Im always chosing protein first. Thats what we are supposed to do. I do believe doctors are all different because I was surprised I didnt have to go to pureed food then soft food then regular food. Im down 20lbs today. Goodluck to you and congrats to your surgery :)

My date is 27th! I am not required to do a pre-op diet but decided to do it anyway to be extra prepared. I only lasted a few days on it which is worrying. I guess it's hard to stick to something when you know you don't really have to do it! But still doesn't bode well for the future, hope I can stick to the plan!

The worst part for me was 2 weeks of the liquid and full liquid diet after the surgery but I stuck it out. You have no other choice but to stick it out because if you stray from the rules you could hurt your new stomach. You do want to heal properly.