Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Dec.10! I'm so nervous! Help me?

Hey guys! I'm 24 and I'm 5'8...My HW was 340 I've been doing the liquid diet 2 weeks and my CW is at 310 today. I still have to do one more week and it really hasn't been too hard I just walk all day to keep from temptations. I feel really happy with what I've done so far but I am so nervous about the surgery!! I'm scared about the pain, complications and regret. What did y'all do to stay positive?? I'm looking for friends and mentors to help me out with all of this. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth are but ALL is more than welcome thanks for your time.

Visit here often! Use the search function when you have questions, and post asking questions if you cant find an answer. This site can be a huge resource, and a great support! I am in Texas also, but more West... Abilene.

I did a heck of a lot of reading and preparing my home for after the surgery. I bought stuff which I felt I might need afterwards and spent a lot of time here. Keep busy!

It’s normal to be nervous before the surgery, I think we all go through the questioning in our heads.

Is this right for me? Will it be painful? How am I going to cope with so little food in the first few months? And on and on. However we all get through it and I can honestly say that it’s been one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. Believe in yourself and your inner strength, you CAN do it.

Surgery never has been a big deal to me, but my mom was nervous for me. She kept telling me it was serious surgery and if I was sure I wanted to do it. My mind was made up. My pain wasn't terrible after surgery. The first day was the worst. After that I was just ready to leave the hospital and get home.

Welcome!

What you are experiencing is very normal. I know for me the anticipation and not knowing what to expect was the worst part of the whole process.

I was sleeved April 20 and couldn't be happier with my recovery and results so far.

Learn as much as you can so you can be prepared and then try to let go.

Do you journal? Consider writing about why you want this surgery. What you want your life to be like. What your physical limitations and obesity keep you from doing now. Write about your fears and your hopes.

Best of luck with your surgery and welcome to your new life!

Thank you so much I will definitely continue to read the forums on here. I wish y'all the best :)

@@Bariatric2015 Hi I am also Dec 10th!! I have no nerves yet which is weird to me seeing as though I've never had surgery before of any type. This website is awesome I'm happy I found it. It is such a great resource. I am nervous of the after after effects of that first week not knowing what the pain of surgery is like and being on Clear Liquids for the first week. I read a lot of people go through regret that first week or are "mean/bad moods" I hope I'm not that way