Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what's your fat habit?

so, i've noticed in the past few days that when i sit at the table, i sit very far from it...of course to accommodate a former bigger belly. old habits die hard, they say. :) what's yours?

Im at the beginning of my wls journey but i noticed i keep pulling my seatbelt all the way and across me to buckle it. I dont need to pull it out that far anymore ???? life is good.

I still put too much food on a plate

My eyes are still much bigger than my stomach, and I still catch myself picking out clothes in larger sizes only to have to make multiple trips to the fitting room when they are too big!

Still serve to much food on my plate .. picking out a size that is to big to end up putting it back and trying to still break old habits of bordem eating .. I am only 4 months out though..

Putting things in my lap. I now have a space between my legs and before I put put anything on my lap but now it just falls through!

Putting things in my lap. I now have a space between my legs and before I put put anything on my lap but now it just falls through!

Yes! I do this with my cell phone all the time!

I always give myself SO MUCH room when I push a chair out to get up, or open a door and walk through, or if I'm carrying something bulky. I keep thinking there is an extra 120-pounds worth of me but it's not here anymore, so I sometimes feel like I'm accidentally paranoid about bumping into things even though I have a ton more room than I now need. :P

Cervidae, I envy you!!!!! How long has it taken you to lose the weight? Thats what I need to lose before I can reassess if I'm content or want to lose more. What kind of strategies did you use? I was sleeved on 11/11/15 and stopped losing as soon as I started on pureed foods. I know I have my first year to lose as mich as I can and I'm curious how to maximize my results. I've done everything Ive been told to do and am walking up to 2 miles so far. I see the dr this week and hope to get cleared for the gym and pool. Congrats to you and thank you for sharing!!!

@@Warriorgyrl I'm still over 300 pounds, so our experiences are probably going to be vastly different, as I started far heavier than you. It's taken me about a year to lose 120 pounds. I've lost about 80 of those pounds in the last 4 months. It's been a real journey. XD

I am happy for you and the inner strength you've got to have to take on this process. Im 4 wks out just about and what a mental/ emotional whirlwind it's been. I found this app and finally don't feel alone in this. You've got this!!!

I'm constantly assessing if I will fit around/between objects... For example, I often still turn sideways when walking between chairs in a restaurant. I would probably have to stop myself and consciously walk straight between them to see if I would fit.

I stopped going a lot of places in the past year or so b/c I cant fit in a lot of the chairs....outdoor patios, stadiums, nail salons, hair salons, booths, conference rooms, airplanes and even my own doctors office. Just about any chair with arms....yup, Im looking so forward to participating in life again. Its just those simple things noone but us could understand.

asking for a table rather than a booth....not quite there yet for all booths, but getting there....

Cervidae, I envy you!!!!! How long has it taken you to lose the weight? Thats what I need to lose before I can reassess if I'm content or want to lose more. What kind of strategies did you use? I was sleeved on 11/11/15 and stopped losing as soon as I started on pureed foods. I know I have my first year to lose as mich as I can and I'm curious how to maximize my results. I've done everything Ive been told to do and am walking up to 2 miles so far. I see the dr this week and hope to get cleared for the gym and pool. Congrats to you and thank you for sharing!!!

I've had the same thing!! I went onto puree and stopped. It seems to have kicked in again now I'm on more solid foods though. I'd really like to maximise too.