Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Did You Do on Thanksgiving?

Feeling even better right now! I got on the scale today, and had lost 1.8 lbs!

I lost 2 lbs over the weekend due to all the running around and cooking even though I made 3 batches of my famous black bottom cupcakes. I had my whole family over including my dad as my last turkey day pre-op and I had a great time

I have not been sleeved as long as you have finegurl2015 (My sleeve was put in nov 11). but I think i did okay. I am on the smooth/purree food stage so, sweet potato / mash potato and blended turkey was my meal.. I few teaspoons of each every couple of hours..great while its warm, but even tasty while cold :).

I did not do much in the way of desert, but that might be because no one made a cheesecake this year :).

Anywho, thanks for starting this top and sharing your lessons with the sleeve, I am still learning as well, when I am full, eating to fast or need to burp..thankfully I have not had any return visits from anything i have eaten, but I have had a few close calls.

Take care,

~MojoCAMI

I haven't weighed myself since last week (wednesday is my weigh day) but I didn't over-indulge on anything. I had mostly Protein for the holiday and no Desserts. Super proud of myself, I expect to see a slight loss since I've been pretty sick recently, but nothing major. As long as the scale is going down I'm happy.

I was pretty nervous as it was also my Birthday this weekend. I told myself I wasn't going to get on the scale this morning but I did and I am so happy I didn't gain anything. I had a little bit of everything for dinner and I did have dessert. But I also ran 6.5 miles on Thanksgiving and 10 miles yesterday. Took a spin class and did a weight workout. Back to healthy eating today. I already have my day planned out. I am weird it actually makes me happy to have structure.

Happy Holidays everyone!

~LA

I ate my usual menu for the day of and then had a bit of everything I wanted for dinner but stopped before getting too full. I had dessert as I planned and I tracked everything. I had a lot more carbs than normal. The next day I was back on track. It's just one day after all. There was plenty of leftover pie in the fridge and I even served it to others but I wasn't tempted to eat any myself. I lost weight when I did my weekly, Monday morning weigh in so I feel really good about how it all went. Next up, Christmas!

I few teaspoons of each every couple of hours..great while its warm, but even tasty while cold :).

I've found that I eat lots of things cold since being sleeved, and they are pretty tasty to me as well. Sounds like you're on the right track with your post op. Keep up the good work!

Back to healthy eating today. I already have my day planned out. I am weird it actually makes me happy to have structure.

I don't think you're weird at all. I like structure as well. It actually makes things easier when I have a plan in place!

Good luck on your journey! I know you are, and will continue doing great!

Thanksgiving was great. A bunch of people complimented me on my weight loss

I ate a few bites of some of my favorite appetizers, then I had a small piece of turkey and even had some dessert

it was a very satisfying meal and I didn't feel overfull after or anything.

As one of those people who didn't have family to hang out with, I went to a movie with a friend and then ate Chinese food at the only open place. It was delicious and I ate about 1/3 of it and saved the rest for later. It was a fun Thanksgiving. :-)

As one of those people who didn't have family to hang out with, I went to a movie with a friend and then ate Chinese food at the only open place. It was delicious and I ate about 1/3 of it and saved the rest for later. It was a fun Thanksgiving. :-)

That's what we usually do on Christmas day. On Christmas eve we have my husband's family over and on Christmas day we "honor my jewish heritage" and go see a movie and get chinese food LOL

Thanksgiving was pretty hard for me. I ate past my comfort level and had some dumping issues at dinner.

I've never cared much for that holiday. I always used to overeat and be so uncomfortable. I'm still so worried about falling back into old habits and trying to figure out maintaining that having this holiday now really stressed me out.

Anyway at least it's over and luckily my fat ex husband are all the leftovers haha.