Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Indiana?

Hey y'all! This is my 1st post...I don't have my surgery date yet, hopefully it will be late Feb-March 2016. I have to complete 180 days with the dietitian...then I have my appointment with my surgeon and he will schedule my surgery!! Started August 6, 2015 Finished my Psych evaluation last month!! I will be having the RNY I'm so excited to start this new chapter in my life ☺️ oh I am not planning on telling anyone!!! The only people that know are my mom & aunt!! They will be my support after surgery! Has anyone else not told people?? I'm not sure What I'm going to say I'm having done maybe my gallbladder taken out?! Aghhh I have so many judgmental people in my I just would rather keep it to myself...

I chose only to tell some very select people too, and I don't regret it, honestly. It's a huge change in your life but after a couple weeks have gone by post op, and you're healed enough that no one could tell you even had surgery, then you just keep working hard and losing and no one has to be the wiser. I, too, wanted to avoid the judgey or "well-meaning" ignorant people who think they know everything about WLS because their coworker's sister's daughter once had a lap band and she's gained it all back. It's been wonderful not dealing with that, and that would have been inevitable if I had announced it to everyone.

You do what feels right to you. You have all of us here to support you, which does help. This site has been so good for my anxiety and excitement pre and post op. The people here are generally very kind and understanding, and they will laugh with you, cry with you when things really suck (and they probably will at some point, but it will pass) and Celebrate your huge victories with you. They understand what you're going through more than anyone else would.

Congratulations on all the hard work you've done, and the super exciting times ahead. Feel free to friend me if you'd like. You'll probably be seeing me around. ^_^

Edited by Cervidae

Good luck on your surgery. I basically told everyone even strangers on the street. Most people were either supportive or curious. But then again I don't suffer from the stigma of going through too many yo-yo diets. (Lose weight only to gain it back and then some.) It's your decision who to tell.

I am in Southern Indiana. I don't have a surgery date yet either. Working through the 6 month supervised diet until I get my date. I have told my husband, cousin, and bosses and that is it. Not sure if I will tell anyone else.

I am in Southern Indiana. I don't have a surgery date yet either. Working through the 6 month supervised diet until I get my date. I have told my husband, cousin, and bosses and that is it. Not sure if I will tell anyone else.

Hey! I'm not sure how to send a friend request if you can even do that or a private message LOL if you don't mind me asking what hospital are you going through I'm having mine done at St. Vincent's!!

I chose only to tell some very select people too, and I don't regret it, honestly. It's a huge change in your life but after a couple weeks have gone by post op, and you're healed enough that no one could tell you even had surgery, then you just keep working hard and losing and no one has to be the wiser. I, too, wanted to avoid the judgey or "well-meaning" ignorant people who think they know everything about WLS because their coworker's sister's daughter once had a lap band and she's gained it all back. It's been wonderful not dealing with that, and that would have been inevitable if I had announced it to everyone.

You do what feels right to you. You have all of us here to support you, which does help. This site has been so good for my anxiety and excitement pre and post op. The people here are generally very kind and understanding, and they will laugh with you, cry with you when things really suck (and they probably will at some point, but it will pass) and Celebrate your huge victories with you. They understand what you're going through more than anyone else would.

Congratulations on all the hard work you've done, and the super exciting times ahead. Feel free to friend me if you'd like. You'll probably be seeing me around. ^_^

Thank you!! I have absolutely no clue how to friend someone can you walk me through it or is there a trick LOL

Hello fellow Hoosier, I'm a week and a half post op from VSG doing great. I worked with St Francis. Great people! The time goes fast even though it seems like forever at times, can't believe I'm on the other side now. Best of luck to you. I don't regret anything.

I will be at Floyd Memorial Hospital. I want to use Dr. John Oldam and that is the only Indiana facility he is affiliated with.

PS- I sent you a friend request ????

@@ashmarie1425 I added you as a friend as well. :)

Thank you so much ladies!!! I am loving this site! Well as much as my 5 children will allow me too! Hahah oh all girls BTW!!! Drama fest at my house daily!! Not to mention I have a pre-teen, Tay, she is 12 going on 20 & has at least 2-3 of her girlfriends over allll weekend...every weekend!! But hey their only little once right?!? Sadie is 7, my twins Laycie & Liylah are 2, and my baby Stella Sue is 1 ???????? lol

I'm also in southern Indiana. What part are you in? I'm by evansville

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

Hi yes I'm in Indianapolis. I had RNY on March 8. I can relate to your situation I don't have much of a support system myself. Most of my family is deceased except my grown son and a cousin. Right after my surgery my cousin asked my surgeon "how soon will she gain all the weight back that she loses?" she often makes other remarks. My grown son doesn't say anything at all about my surgery. My point is I think that those close to us sometimes feel threatened about the big changes that we go through after surgery. Our focus is very much on using our tool and dealing with our new lifestlye. Maybe they feel left out. I think that all of us have went through this to some extent with our loved ones. Hang in there and do what you need to do for you and your health and wellbeing.

Sent from my LG-H631 using the BariatricPal App

Ashmarie, I've only told a handful of people about my surgery and one thing that I have thought about is what do I tell the people that don't know when they notice that I've lost alot of weight. There are some that I really don't want to share my journey with but I'll have to explain the weight loss somehow.

Ashmarie, I've only told a handful of people about my surgery and one thing that I have thought about is what do I tell the people that don't know when they notice that I've lost alot of weight. There are some that I really don't want to share my journey with but I'll have to explain the weight loss somehow.

My mom had the surgery 8yrs ago, and she didn't tell many people. She just said eating right and joined jazzercise, which was true ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

Im in Indiana. Just starting the process. On month 2 out of 6 diet. How are you doing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App