Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers

Hello all,

I was sleeved on 9/9/15 so far so good. I have lost about 43 lbs and feel great.

The cons: I have been trouble getting my Water in, cannot take my Multivitamin (makes me so nauseous), also I have been eating (for the most part) the same food (I.e. chicken, eggs yogurt, nuts)

The pros:

I love nuts eat them everyday, I am able to get my Protein in but 2 oz at a time, and I can't believe that I lost weight this fast my mind is still trying to catch up :)

Just wondering what everyone else is going though and if you have any advice.

Thank you!

I switched to the PatchMD multivitamin cause I couldn't tolerate the chewables.< /p>

Sometimes I fail on Water as well. I am just not thirsty, but I get at least 1 liter in a day, it's that second one that I struggle with.

The only problem with food is now that I'm actually cooking things for myself (instead of eating convenience or fast food) I have leftovers for days. I eat the same chicken dish, or ricotta cheese bake until I am sick of having the same entree or the food spoils. I need to downsize the recipes I guess, but buying a whole chicken I cheaper then pieces, and I like to buy in bulk to save money.

What I really need to do is start freezing individual servings of meals to make life easier and also to get more variety in my meals.

I was sleeved on 9-3-15

I don't get my Water in either. Protein is not a problem. Vitamins are a no, I get sick too.

I have lost about 40 pounds, and a bunch of inches. I can't do any nuts, I feel terrible afterwards. Sugar or sweet things are a no also, not even fruits. And I too have leftovers for days, I'm used to cooking for 2 adults and 2 kids. Now I have to remember to cut 1 adult out, not that easy. Lol

Sleeved 9/4/15 & I too struggle with Water and finding variety. I did buy unflavored Unjury powder and that has been a great help. I live in North Dakota so our weather here is turning cold and I find myself really craving old comfort foods. I've lost 60 pounds and almost 50 inches so far, so I'm not about to give that up but eating the same ol' is really getting to me. Just keep up the good work guys, we'll be ready for "normal" foods again in no time.

Hi everybody!

I was sleeved Sep 21. 2015. I lost 42 pounds up to date.

It seams we all have similar struggles: eating the same food over and over. Not drinking enough Water etc..

I found bottled Water that I like. It costs more but I actually drink it. Well, I drink it if I'm at home. Have a hard time running around the city and drink water at the same time. (especially now when it's getting cold)

I have a massive problem with Protein drinks. Don't tolerate them. :-( Now, the only way I can hack it is to mix a scoop of none flavored powder into a Soup.

Now, my biggest challenge is: I'm in Europe through Christmas and here, to find cheeses 0% fat or deli meats with lower fat content is almost impossible! In general, finding nutritional information on products is SO much more complicated than in North America! I am guessing and groping blind... and totally frustrated! :-(

Sleeved 9/9/15. I have lost 53 pounds. No more Metformin for diabetes, gout, high cholesterol. Hopefully I will come off high blood pressure meds next month. My struggle has been getting 64oz of Water in but I have no problems Protein. I do one Protein Shake and one Protein Bar a day. I get the rest of my protein eating eggs, chicken, seafood, turkey and beef. Snacks are yogurt, string cheese, almonds, sugar free puddings and sunflower seeds. Exercises have been walking, ab exercises, squats and resistance band workouts. Just joined Planet Fitness so that will be a new journey. I know that everyone is different but I had to find what works for ME and I have found this is what works for ME......right now.

Edited by KLF4171

sleeved on 9/28 i have no problems can drink eat take my Vitamins lost 55 lbs so far feel awsome

I added BOD Smith liquid prenatal Vitamins to my Vitamin Water zero of various flavors. 1 Tablespoon is a full serving of vitamins and initially I could only tolerate 1 teaspoon at a time in a 20 oz vitamin water. I did three vitamin waters a day with one teaspoon liquid vitamins each

Hi all,

I was sleeved on 9/9/15 I can't drink plain Water I have to add flavor to it. I have lost 65 lbs to date and I am 20 away from goal!

How have you all been doing?

I am so happy for us September Sleevers and our progress thus far. How are you all doing emotionally? My mind hasn't caught up to the weigh loss yet and it's been a struggle at times. Yesterday my husband tried to get me where a dress I was so uncomfortable I took it off and had an anxiety attack. He was shocked to say the least but I was really upset I felt so self conscious and felt that if anyone were to see me they would laugh or judge me :( not sure if anyone has gone through something similar?

Hi. I had my sleeve Sept. 22, 2015. I've lost 46 lbs and am starting to be able to up my exercise routine to actual jogging! I struggle like crazy to get my Water in, I rarely get more than 40 oz. total. how many calories should I be staying under? My surgeon's office NUT quit and I'm % on my own. Still on my cholesterol Med. But 25% of old dose. Any support groups in Orange County, CA?

@@Lara M I am having a hard time figuring out how to dress and what looks appropriate. I don't want to buy a bunch of new clothes yet, but nothing I have fits! I'm sure you looked wonderful in a new dress, wear it proudly.

Hi everyone! I had my surgery on 9/21/15. I lost 37 lbs before the surgery, I'm down 41 pounds and about 60 inches since the surgery. I thought I would be farther along than I am by now, but in January I only lost 2.5 bs. For the whole month!! YIKES! I finally started losing again a few days ago, so that's good. I still rely on Protein shakes, my doctor told me not to count calories, cause I should just be eating the 4-5 ounces at a time and it should be Protein first, so I don't count them. I found I love smoked turkey. I'll get one and put the meat in separate snack baggies, then those into a gallon freezer bag and grab as necessary. I make Soup, eat it as a snack, or put it in salad. What I eat has changed alot. I don't care for boiled eggs any more, or eggs in general, really. I'm trying to figure out what I can eat that doesn't make my stomach hurt. Sometimes hot stuff is not good, or cold or warm. Just depends. I don't like Water without flavoring. I don't tolerate spicy things, and have only had red meat once. I found that if I take instant sugar-free/fat-free pudding and mix it with 1.5 cups milk, and one scoop Body Fortress protein powder(30 grams a scoop), it gives me a yummy 'sweet something' if I need it. The Protein powder mixes really well with the pudding and in smoothies, it isn't grainy. I'm starting to feel like a person again. I can breathe much easier, my knees and hips don't hurt near as much either. I can sit cross-legged on the floor(and get up!) and tie my own shoes. Amazing the things ya take for granted!!

Hi everyone! I had my surgery on 9/21/15. I lost 37 lbs before the surgery, I'm down 41 pounds and about 60 inches since the surgery. I thought I would be farther along than I am by now, but in January I only lost 2.5 bs. For the whole month!! YIKES! I finally started losing again a few days ago, so that's good. I still rely on Protein Shakes, my doctor told me not to count calories, cause I should just be eating the 4-5 ounces at a time and it should be Protein first, so I don't count them. I found I love smoked turkey. I'll get one and put the meat in separate snack baggies, then those into a gallon freezer bag and grab as necessary. I make Soup, eat it as a snack, or put it in salad. What I eat has changed alot. I don't care for boiled eggs any more, or eggs in general, really. I'm trying to figure out what I can eat that doesn't make my stomach hurt. Sometimes hot stuff is not good, or cold or warm. Just depends. I don't like Water without flavoring. I don't tolerate spicy things, and have only had red meat once. I found that if I take instant sugar-free/fat-free pudding and mix it with 1.5 cups milk, and one scoop Body Fortress protein powder(30 grams a scoop), it gives me a yummy 'sweet something' if I need it. The Protein Powder mixes really well with the pudding and in smoothies, it isn't grainy. I'm starting to feel like a person again. I can breathe much easier, my knees and hips don't hurt near as much either. I can sit cross-legged on the floor(and get up!) and tie my own shoes. Amazing the things ya take for granted!!

I was sleeved on 9/1/15 and I'm a slow loser too. I'm at 60# since surgery. I thought I'd be further along too. But I'm not and I'm ok. As long as I'm losing and not gaining I'm ok. It's not an easy process or a quick one. So I keep plugging along. Stalls are a part of my process and I've accepted that. Good luck to you.