Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else NOT on a pre-op diet?

I'm scheduled for 11/30 but I don't have a pre-op 1 month or 2 week diet. I just have to stop all carbs 2 days before, then all liquids the day before... Anyone else have this?

I didn't even have to stop carbs. Just one day of liquids.

No pre-op diet here, either, just the semi-usual day before surgery clear liquid thing. It's not that unusual, but it tends to come from the better surgeons in the craft, so rejoice that you got one of the good ones!

Seriously? ^ im pretty sure I've got a great surgeon and ill have 2 week pre op starting 11/30

I'm scheduled for 11/30 but I don't have a pre-op 1 month or 2 week diet. I just have to stop all carbs 2 days before, then all liquids the day before... Anyone else have this?

Same as @@Sharon1964 . No pre-op diet at all.

I think it's just different surgeons choose different protocols. My doctor also does the leak test using liquids not gas. As a result I had no gas pain post op at all.

I didn't have one either. I was pretty savvy at that point after months of research, and asked him why no pre op diet since I heard shrinking the liver for surgery was the reason. He stated he had gone to a conference where they explained that the actual amount that the liver shrinks is so small, it really makes no difference in the outcome of the surgery.

I was just thankful I didn't have to deal with it!

My VSG is scheduled for December 8, 2015. The only thing I have to do pre-op is a low-carb, low-fat 1800 cal diet for two weeks and nothing to eat/drink midnight before surgery. The diet is pretty lenient, allowing for almost anything in moderation. The NUT said most important thing to follow is the calories, not carb or fat. The diet they gave is only a loose guideline, not a requirement.

I had to be on full liquids for 2 days but other than that I did not have a pre-op diet. For insurance purposes they did not want me to lose a lot of weight! You will do great!

Oh thank god there are more of us!! Lol my sister had me worried because all the people she knows had to do the diet to reduce visceral fat. Granted it makes absolute sense but none of this seems to be a concern for them. & yes I'm hoping they are the best! 3 friends have already done it in this office & they did Rosie O'Donell's too! Going w/ God on this one!! Good luck to you all!!

My surgeon does not have me doing pre op diet, and also said I will most likely be going home on solids at 1-2 days post op. He said I could skip pureed foods as long as I chew well. Sounds good to me! ????

Oh thank god there are more of us!! Lol my sister had me worried because all the people she knows had to do the diet to reduce visceral fat. Granted it makes absolute sense but none of this seems to be a concern for them. & yes I'm hoping they are the best! 3 friends have already done it in this office & they did Rosie O'Donell's too! Going w/ God on this one!! Good luck to you all!!

my doctor doesn't require full liquids, just the low fat/low sugar/no carbs thing. I've been doing a lot of Protein Shakes And I'm hungry all the time but I'm just praying it goes by fast.I'll find out Tuesday what the future holds for the few days prior to surgery. I'm being sleeved 12\2