Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December Sleever's?

@@Jdr24 how are you feeling after your first week? Much pain? Are you up and moving around pretty easily? I'm scheduled this Thursday so I'm just wondering what to expect the first week.

@ To be totally honest, the first week is a roller coaster. The first day or two your just feeling out of it from the anesthesia and pain meds. Once you get home you rest much easier. Pain all depends on you I hear a lot of times it didn't hurt at all for people. Me being a 30 year of guy I was expecting it to be painless HA! I was wrong though it wasn't sharp pain it was a general sense of soreness at the incision areas. I'm a week out and barely was able to sleep a night laying in bed. Walking around isn't a problem at all not even day of surgery, your biggest friend will be your abdominal binder keeps the area nice and tight so you can move around.

Hi, I'm Jenschubbs,

My surgery date is Dec. 31, 2015. Excited and nervous. I start my 2 week Protein Shakes tomorrow for prep. Just found this site, and am thankful to read what people are doing, how they are doing. It is going to be very helpful to find others who understand the journey. Thanks!

Surgery 12/17! I am excited, nervous and scared to death all at the same time!!! lol :) :D :( :o

Good Luck tomorrow ~~ I am going in tomorrow as well ! Am all packed up and ready to go. Hope I am able to sleep !!

Mine is scheduled for Thursday so nervous and scared

Hi Mo Oneal -- I am scheduled tomorrow as well. I think I am past my scared stage, I am anxious now...excited. Don't be scared, you are going to be just fine and a brand new life is waiting for you and me ;-)

Mine is Thursday as well. Not afraid, but definitely nervous. I am flying down to Tijuana for it. Hubby is coming, too. Feeling sick right now from the laxative (never had one before). Getting used to liquid diet. Fortunately, I have some yummy homemade turkey stock I put in the freezer from Thanksgiving (hee, hee, gave the boxed stuff to the family for the gravy and dressing...they never knew).

Best of luck to you mo oneal and anyone else who is getting sleeved on Thursday! We are Sleeve Bro's and Sista's! Check back in to let us all know how you are doing!!!

Thinking of you Helen in UK. Hoping you are enjoying food while you can! Have some chicken pad thai for me....I am craving it!!! Hugs to all! :)

Hi Violets Mum ! Just wanted to wish you all the luck tomorrow. I am scheduled for the morning too....a bit nervous, but am ready to start this new journey in my life !! Let me know how you are doing !!

My sleeve surgery was today. No surprises other than how much it hurt at first. It's under control now though with only low/medium pain levels. I feel much better than I did the first few hours. Water is going down better than it did at first as well. Then too I'm not dozing off at the drop of a hat.

No catheter to deal with - but they measure "everything" in/out so it's just a part of getting thru this. I suppose it's to make sure all that water is really coming out instead of somewhere it should not be going today. Wearing my own PJ's after the surgery really makes me feel more like me here.

Tomorrow is the leak test in the early morning hours, they must have something else up their sleeve for me as well. They are getting me up at 4AM! After whatever they have planned, I will be released for home.

Pre-surgery I lost 31 pounds. 5 of it was before the pre-op diet. I've got a lot to lose - so it makes sense to have lost that much on a three week pre-op liquid diet (protein shakes with a small lean cuisine meal at the end of each day).

Rock on December Sleevers, and to all the Sleevers out there, best wishes for a lighter tomorrow or whatever healthy desire you have in your plans.

I had my surgery yesterday and I'm doing pretty good.really tender on my right side. Kp going in and out from the anesthesia. I lost 10 lbs before it. The doctor found a hiatial hernia during my surgery so that was a bonus. For the most part I'm doing very well.

Edited by cparni

Hi

Mine is on December 28 if I got approved. Pray for me

Did you get approved!?
Yesss my surgery is in the 28th what about you?