Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September bandsters out there???

I know exactly where mine is, Ive been lucky I havent been sore since the first few days!! I get my first fill on the 30th and really need it...i am supposed to be on liquids til the 20th but solids havent been bothering me at all and it takes a decent amount to fill me up..the ravioli's were great this weekend

I am going to have my first fill on Nov 3. I cannot wait!!!! I had been really discouraged because I have been the same weight for 3 weeks now, but today I wore an old pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in a LONG time and they fit!!!!:whoo:That makes me SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!! Hopefully soon the LBS will start coming down!!!!!

Way to go Wannabthin! That is great news, scales don't always tell the truth, do they? Congrats!

Eastxnurse, you aren't to far away from me. Are you still going to use Dr. Carter or are you going to look around? I know of another dr that does the surgeries but not sure if he does fills for anyone else. He doesn't do the flora unless you pay him to go to the hospital and then pay the hospital too. Did they tell you why Dr. Carter waits the 3 months? It is a good reason, I am ok with waiting - sometimes!

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]I love reading the threads for new bandsters because it is so inspirational!!! I am almost at my year anniversary and have not lost as much as I wanted when I started but I am down two pants sizes and a lot more inches than weight. I try to not be obsessed with my scale as I get on it every day when I wake up but it has been a really slow process to get it off. I didn't really feel true restriction until my third fill and really feel it now as it has been hard to get much of anything down. I am trying to slowly eat my homeade chili for lunch right now at work. I have to eat it very slow to make sure I don't start feeling tightness and then know STOP. It really does take a few fills to really get that restriction that you guys are wanting. I am really reaching the peace with in myself stage. What I mean by that is I was so unhappy with myself and obsessed on food all day long then if I didn't eat good/Low calorie I would beat myself up the next day in my head and was so sad. Now that I cannot get the food in it is like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I truely feel so at peace with in myself.............and proud of myself which I have not felt in a very long time. This year has been not just a change of the outside but just with in myself to be a happier person and be proud for the accomplishments that I have made. Eating good/Exercise/Sacrifice!!!! I am almost to the 50 pounds lost mark and soooooo CLOSE to be back into wonderland. I still have 25 pounds to go to reach my goal and get to the weight that I want to maintain for the long haul. That is the blessing with this tool. It is not like the Atkins diet..........which we have all tried...............loose it then once you start eating like you used to pack it right back on and more. This tool is for us to get it off and KEEP IT OFF!!!! I just love my band and want to share with everyone that is struggling with eating problems or weight problems. It is not easy by any means but it is a great uplifting experience that is to make you stronger and healthier!!! I wanted to share with you guys my before 9/29/06 and recent picture 10/07. You can just see the way I looked so blowted and felt blowted when I was eating way too much carbs everyday. Now I am off of carbs but the occasional chips I have lost a lot of that and it feels great. You guys have to just keep moving forward and forget what has happened in the past. It will come off....slowly is better as your skin will have time to catch up and not sag as much. It will happen and this support site has really helped out a lot!!!!!! Anyone can send me a message if you have any questions. If any of you are Southern California locals I have a support group that I have put together and we are going to meet up for our third meeting in Nov. If you are interested in joining send me a message at vikki4mymail@yahoo.com

post-212039-1381313564661_thumb.jpg

post-212039-13813135647031_thumb.jpg

you look great vikki! Thanks for the encouragement and the picture. Cant wait to lose 50 pounds!

Thank you very much Vikki for checking in with us. I can't wait to be at 50 lb weight loss either. But, I am in it for the long haul and have a ways to go yet. Thanks again, it is always nice to hear someone that has been banded for awhile and what advice they have to give us newbies!

Hi! Banded 9/18. The weight is slower coming off but I too am experiencing the inches are vanishing! It is almost like a new wardrobe when you can go into the closet and find all of these clothes you havent worn because they got too small. I will be travelign to southern Calif. the last 2 weeks of October so I can not get my first fill until the 2nd week or so in November, oh well......wish me luck whiel traveling it is a bit scary.

Just wondering....how many are having Constipation? I have it quiet a bit lately. Also, I too have the slight pull on my left/port side, I sleep on my stomach usually and it is a little uncomfortable but better as time goes on. How soon after surgery were you able to eat salads? My doctor says wait until after 6 weeks.

BIGBOY

Everyday that passes it becomes more obvious to me where the port is because itfeels like a hard knot and the rest of my abdomen is much softer. I think I was really swollen before because my whole abdomen felt like a hard knot.

VIKKI

I cannot tell if the new you is the blonde or the redhead? Both look great. I'm sure ready for that first fill. Starting to eat too much. Also seems that I lose very slowly. I think getting on scale every day is good in that it helps monitor if you are gaining again. Thanks for your story. It's inspiring.

WooWoo

Last week I had horrid Constipation. I took double doses of stool softener but that didn't help. I finally went to store and got that sugar free chocolate candy and that stuff will blow the s--t out of Superman!!!! At least that is how it effects me. Since then no problems.

You guys keep talking about your port and sharp pain. I had this for at least 6 mths and it was very annoying but it does go away. You have to remember that it is a foriegn object in your body and it also has a couple of stiches holding it in place. I don't know when I did it but I ripped mine because it moves around now which feels really weird but my Dr. said nothing to worry about. As long as your insecion does not ooz and the pain does not get unbearable you will notice be less and less as time goes on. I know a friend I have made that is local threw this site had to have her port replaced because it was oozing and would not heal. He had to remove it and let it heal then replace it. She is on her third fill now and is feeling fine.

PS. I am the red head!! Red Heads Rock!!!!

Thanks for the compliment. I just know how it is in the beginning of the adventure to where I am now..........It has been a crazy roller coaster but I swear it has all been worth it!!!

Good luck you guys!!!!! I make a habit of getting on this site and reading at least a couple times a week to get great support for my mind and soul!!!!!!!!

i'm having my first fill day after tomorrow (friday). i'm exercising my butt off literally. LOL i walk, swim, bike and walk my dogs (not all at the same time). This morning I walked 44 blocks, then after work hubby and i rode our bikes for a half hour. Tomorrow is our swim day; we swim laps for a half hour every other day.

The scales stayed stuck for about 2 weeks but I was getting in clothes I hadn't worn in YEARS. Then this week, the needle began moving to the left again!!!!!

A lady I work with had the surgery a week ago today and she's in the hospital with abdominal pain. It turns out it's gas and she had bread sunday and egg drop Soup yesterday and God knows what all. She's probably using a straw too for all I know. I was on liquids for 10 days then soft food (mushies) for a couple of weeks then moved to regular food... but I still haven't eaten bread or used a straw, or had salads, soda that's carbonated... i let my sprite go flat so i can drink it.

So I told her we went to the same classes and got the same info and you have to do what you're supposed to or it's just not going to work. She's 25 and I'm 51. I guess that's it.

Vicki- congrats you look terrific..love redheads..thats why I married one!!

NM- sorry about your port, I have the hard knot as well but no pain. I guess being a male helps accordin g to the doc based on where the muscle & fat is in our stomachs,

They moved my fill from the 30th to the 6th(the Dr has surgery on the 30th) ..I am so ready to get it since i have plateu'd a bit and it takes a lot to get full. I did got othe gym for the first time last night and it was good to sweat and throw some weights around...hopefully the cardio will kick start the loss..

Hang in there and good luck to us all

Well you've all done really well.....yesterday was my one month

anniversary from banded date and I've lost a total of 22 pounds and 9 inches overall. I'm measuring every 2 weeks and weighing about 2 times a week.My first fill in scheduled for 11/08/07. I can't wait .....lol

Hi Im LindaE(Lucky Gal) I was banded on sept 11th. Im down about 20 lbs and due to see my dr. dr.Eagon (st.louis,mo) on nov.5th. Im starting to feel a little hungry in between meals. I guess I might need a fill or else I need to have a Protein shake in the afternoon.Im having a hard time going out with 2 other couples on friday night for dinner. This is a routine of ours for about 5 years. They know Ive had the surgery. I have to just sit there and drink Water while they have their bread and butter . appetizers and salad. This is a change for me and Im just going to have to get use to it. I hope it will get easier for me. I know the band is a tool and I need to work with it have healthy foods and small portions. Im glad I have my belt and cant weight for a 50 lb weight loss. Right now I have 10 lb goals. I dont feel so overwhelmed that way. 50 lbs will be my half way point. Good luck to all of you sept. banders.