Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cake for lunch! What? You bet I do!

Okay so, you may have seen the post i made about the Protein Mug Cake. If you haven't I will enlighten you. ( i promise to minimize the enlightening as much as possible..)

I use Syntrax products for my protein supplements. Well every day for lunch i normally have a Protein shake. But now that its cold ( dang im freezing lol) and id love something not cold, So i came across an idea on the net and ran with it. And boy do i love it.

You take a scoop of your favorite Protein powder, ( i use syntrax matrix Cookies and creme and syntrax Nectars Cappuccino and syntrax nectars chocolate) so 1 scoop of the powder, 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder and add non dairy Creamer until mixed but leave it very thick, ( i use the coffee mate italian sweet creme sugar free) until it is as thick as possible while not being powder anymore, think thick cement consistency.

Then into the microwave on high for 35 to 45 seconds ( depending on your microwave ) oh and do this in a microwave safe coffee mug.

Also enjoy this while warm, ( and be careful it can get hot) don't let it sit, or well, you know what happens to protein that sits for too long.

I also add sometimes about half a teaspoon of sugar-free maple Syrup to the top right after baking. It is like a pancake kind of, but man is it good, ive had it for Breakfast as it gives that pastry type fetish thing need whatever you call it, vibe to it. This and i get 24 + grams of protein 100 calories and zero fat, zero sigar and zero carbs. I mean how can you beat that.

Seriously I implore you to try it. If you dont know if you like the syntrax products and your using maybe a liquid Protein shake, you can purchase individual packets of syntrax at your nutritional store etc. Vitamin Shoppe etc. Or try your own powder it cant be that different. i hope. lol

Seriously this is soo good, I am so happy about it. Oh and i just finished one for lunch while i was writing this. Give it a try folks. And i dont know how vegan Proteins will stack up on this, as I dont use them, but many do. So experiment!

Good luck, Good Eating , Keep the upper hand on your journey!

Hmm.... that sounds perfect for my occasional "cakey chocolate" cravings. Sometimes I get a hard core chocolate craving, but not for like a piece of chocolate or a candy bar. It has to be cake or a brownie or a Little Debbie or something along those lines.

Jamie, it works exactly for that ive even had it as a snack with some sugar free cool whip on top. it does hit that hi im cake, vibe. and shuck i miss little debbie, i just call her Deb. were on a first name basis ..

:blush: :blush:

Oh my, this sounds so good right now! Sadly, I have no Protein powder. I will have to shop for some. Soon. :)

Eggface blog has a bunch of these on there and I love them!!!!

Do you think you can substitute another liquid say soy milk, regular milk, nut milks?

Thanks for sharing the recipe! Your happiness about it shines from your post. I will definitely try it.

Do you think you can substitute another liquid say soy milk, regular milk, nut milks?

give it a shot. I use the non dairy as a sugar free method, but heck give it a shot,

give it a shot. I use the non dairy as a sugar free method, but heck give it a shot,

I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and it works wonderful. I also add 1 egg white for a little more Protein.

Another idea I do is make PB2 with the almond milk but make it so it is more runny and I pour it over the mug cake....DARN GOOD

Stop... Don't make me love you...

Sent from my phone, please forgive brevity and misspelling

Thanks for sharing, especially just before the holidays!

I must try this......

This has totally changed my life! I stopped drinking Protein drinks a couple months ago (because I could no longer stomach them) and I have been struggling with my Protein goals. But I can easily eat this once or twice a day. Yum! Thank you.