Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling Vegan BariatricPal Members: Which Protein Powder Do You Use?

They also have these new chai, chocolate & vanilla Protein powders sweetened with Monk Fruit

20 Protein, 180 calories, 3 fat, 1 sugar

@@BLERDgirl, where do you find these? And are they Bobs Red Mill or some other brand? I haven't seen anything in either health food store...everything's sweetened with stevia (yuck!).

I'm trying to find a vegan Protein powder that is a mixture of Proteins and that is no more "grainy" than your typical whey powder. Anybody have suggestions? Unflavored would be best but something that's very lightly sweetened would be okay.

They also have these new chai, chocolate & vanilla Protein powders sweetened with Monk Fruit

20 Protein, 180 calories, 3 fat, 1 sugar

@@BLERDgirl, where do you find these? And are they Bobs Red Mill or some other brand? I haven't seen anything in either health food store...everything's sweetened with stevia (yuck!).

I'm trying to find a vegan Protein Powder that is a mixture of Proteins and that is no more "grainy" than your typical whey powder. Anybody have suggestions? Unflavored would be best but something that's very lightly sweetened would be okay.

The ones I am talking about are Bob's Red Mill. You can order them off their website but I find I get cheaper shipping if I cal them. Also make sure to check the ingredients list to make sure they use Monkfruit and not stevia. I haven't looked at the site in a while and I don't want you to have incorrect information

As for a vegan protein powder Orgain wasn't too gritty but I think they use stevia. Biochem wasn't bad either. However I find that vegan powders in general are slightly more grainy than whey or soy isolates. One of the things I found that helped was using a nutra bullet type of blender.

I was hoping that one brand would stick out more than others. If you had to pick ONE to carry, which one would you suggest?

I really liked Biochem Vegan but I haven't used it in years. Many people really seem to like the Vega.

@alex, I just ordered a case or Orgain high Protein Drink so if you can wait a few days I'll let you know what I think of it!

I've tried many brands of flavored vegan powders and they were all undrinkable -- unbearably sweet with a strong g bitter stevia taste. Haven't been able to try any unflavored vegan powders except pure pea Protein, which tasted like dirt. I'm you can find a vegan powder that has a mixture of protein types (but stays in the 0-8 carbs/serving range) and uses Monk Fruit instead of or in addition to stevia, that would be awesome!

@alex, I just ordered a case or Orgain high Protein drink so if you can wait a few days I'll let you know what I think of it!

I've tried many brands of flavored vegan powders and they were all undrinkable -- unbearably sweet with a strong g bitter stevia taste. Haven't been able to try any unflavored vegan powders except pure pea Protein, which tasted like dirt. I'm you can find a vegan powder that has a mixture of protein types (but stays in the 0-8 carbs/serving range) and uses Monk Fruit instead of or in addition to stevia, that would be awesome!

I'm not in any rush! Going to take a little time until I'm able to gather sufficient feedback. Thanks for your help!

I've tried a few and I find that the vegan Proteins I tolerate best are a mildly flavored vanilla blended with a plant-based milk and fruit. So far I like the Vega Protein and Greens Vanilla and SDC Nutrition's About Time Ve Vanilla best.

SunWarrior- Warrior Blend Raw Vegan Protein Powder- comes in several flavors

Now that I'm post surgery, I have to amend what I'd like to see in a vegan Protein powder. Before surgery, I wished for a powder that was sweetened with fructose, xylitol or erythritol. Post surgery, I can't handle any amount of sugar alcohols, and my nutritionist says that is pretty common.

So, my "perfect" Protein Powder would be sweetened with little or no stevia, and Monk Fruit, a tiny amount of real sugar (so it tastes natural), and/or perhaps the new "sweet fiber" like VitaFiber.

I am not Vegan, but I am sensitive to Splenda of all things, which is in just about everything "diet", especially ready made Protein shakes. Gives me a horrible, classic Migraine.

I also really hate the taste of whey Protein.

I stumbled upon the vanilla Orgain pre-made shakes at Native Sun, and they're not only tolerable, but they don't put too much stevia in it so it's not super sweet. They're the only premade shake I'll drink.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

I have been looking into this part of the lifestyle of being sleeved and vegan, and of the powders I've tasted, I like the Vega One the best. I can't do most artificial sweeteners because they are Migraine triggers for me, plus I take issue with how some of the more 'natural' ones are processed. If you need a chemical process worthy of protective gear, I don't think I want to be eating it. I have some time yet, so I will be sampling others as they become available (I try to catch the product demonstrators at my favorite health food stores so that I won't end up with a canister of something I won't consume).