Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question and please go easy on me! You can't make me feel any worse than I already do, trust me! Ok, so here's my question. Will the surgeon still do the surgery if you've gained weight since approval? I actually gained the weight while waiting on approval and have worked hard to get it off this week but the scale is not moving!! Pre op is on the 17th. I'm not on a required liquid diet although I almost wish I was made to! I tried only liquids all morning and made it to 4:00 and my stomach was SCREAMING for food! Kudo's to those of you who have to do it for two weeks!!

I think they will still do the surgery? do they require you to lose weight?

Nashville. Dr. Houston at Centennial is the man and his support staff are phenomenal. I had the sleeve 7/13/15 and hit the ground running. Zero complications and down 99lbs since surgery, 174 for the year so far. I was THE WORST naysayer and was sure I'd regret it, but have had a great experience and stuck it on my employers insurance, so double win for me!

Dr. Hugh Houston is the absolute best combination of support and bluntness. His staff is wonderful, too. I'm so glad I went through them for my surgery.

I had my sleeve surgery on 6/23/15, and so far I'm down 68 since surgery and 88 total. I couldn't be happier with him and his staff. Oh....and no complications at all. His post surgery eating plan is much stricter than many I've seen on here, but it's totally worth it. I feel great.

Question and please go easy on me! You can't make me feel any worse than I already do, trust me! Ok, so here's my question. Will the surgeon still do the surgery if you've gained weight since approval? I actually gained the weight while waiting on approval and have worked hard to get it off this week but the scale is not moving!! Pre op is on the 17th. I'm not on a required liquid diet although I almost wish I was made to! I tried only liquids all morning and made it to 4:00 and my stomach was SCREAMING for food! Kudo's to those of you who have to do it for two weeks!!

I think they will still do the surgery? do they require you to lose weight?
No, as a matter of fact the insurance coordinator told me not to lose any or there was a chance I would fall below bmi and not get approved. She told me "with your insurance you can gain and they would still approve as long as I met all the other requirements" but I didn't want to gain any and through out the whole process I would lose and then gain back a pound or two but I don't know what happened after my last supervised appt. From the last appt. until I finally got approved, I gained 15 pounds!!! I guess I was stress eating but that's alot of weight to gain in a little over a month. I've managed to lose 2 pounds but I want to lose the other 13 pounds plus before my surgery. I don't know what they will say at Vandy. I want to call and ask but I don't even know who I would ask...

@deatiny_77, I am in the same boat as you as far as gaining. They told me not to lose any either but now the problem is I gained far more than I should have. Actually, they told me because of my bmi initially that it wouldn't hurt if I gained a few pounds but then I couldn't stop. i was told not to worry that I just need to now follow the eating plan giving in vandy's book.

I'm in the great state of TN. About an hour north of Knoxville. My first appointment is in two weeks. I've been to all of the dr visits, classes and support meetings with my boyfriend. He's having gastric bypass this coming Mon the 14th.

Wishing your BF lots of good luck on his surgery. Hope all goes well

@@Nikke25 Thank you so much.

Thought I would pop in to give an update. 1 week follow up went well. I had lost 21 lbs during week 1. That was a shocker wasn't expecting so much in a week. That makes 41 lbs total lost since starting liver diet. Moved on to full liquids this week. Also bumped up my walking time. Still getting tired pretty easily but feeling great.

Tink

Good luck. Just found out mine will not be till January 13. Earliest date my doctor has

Good luck. Just found out mine will not be till January 13. Earliest date my doctor has

Thank you @@Nikke25 and yours will be here before you know it!!

My surgery is tomorrow I am getting very nervous!!!

You got this!! Leave all doubt and negativity at the door. Remember, tomorrow is the first day of your second chance at life so don't let it go to waste!! [Please give this pep talk back to me in a couple of weeks ;) ] Prayers going up for you for a speedy recovery!! Keep us updated!!

You got this!! Leave all doubt and negativity at the door. Remember, tomorrow is the first day of your second chance at life so don't let it go to waste!! [Please give this pep talk back to me in a couple of weeks ;) ] Prayers going up for you for a speedy recovery!! Keep us updated!!

@@destiny_77 thank you. I am nervous but definitely ready. I am About to try and get some sleep. I am looking forward to my new life!! And I will be there for you when you have yours to pep you up!! Haha. I will let you know how it goes!!!

@@destiny_77 thank you. I am nervous but definitely ready. I am About to try and get some sleep. I am looking forward to my new life!! And I will be there for you when you have yours to pep you up!! Haha. I will let you know how it goes!!!
Thinking of you! Praying all is going well...