Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beginning my journey ????????

I just had my first appointment for my 6 mo supervised diet.

My insurance (from what I heard) pretty much approves within hours.

Any starting their 6 mo supervised this month or next?

Also has anyone had someone try and lean them towards the sleeve?

I have my second appointment of SD coming up on November 9th. I was going for the sleeve but am having second thoughts now and looking at the bypass as well.

I'm on month two of my supervised 6mo diet. I had originally planned on the sleeve but, I have now opted for the bypass.

How are you feeling so far?

I'm not actually required to diet. I have so many appointments coming up and am so glad my doctors office does it all in house.

It's all pretty crazy. I just don't want the revision to Rouxeny if the sleeve doesn't work. I have not meet my surgeon yet but will do a lot of research on him.

Feeling excited and nervous. What if ....

I begin Nov. 11 on my supervised diet for UHC insurance and I also have my Psych evaluation and meet with the surgeon.

I am opting for the Bypass...

This whole experience is very surreal and just to know that I will look as amazing on the outside as I feel on the inside is incredible! I know this 6 months will go fast and soon my time will be here and I will be READY!

I'm see my nut for the 3rd weigh in Nov 11 I'm hoping I lost weight this time

I go for my 1st "orientation" meeting on Monday November 2nd. Can't wait.

I have my second appointment of SD coming up on November 9th. I was going for the sleeve but am having second thoughts now and looking at the bypass as well.

I've done all my requirements except sleep study which is next Thursday and I'm still on the fence for sleeve or bypass.

I mean what if something happens to my sleeved stomach and they need to take it out? What then? Or revision? Can't have a bypass after sleeve. And a lot of revisions end up in bypass anyway.

I don't know. I don't have to really pick until I schedule but they all suggest the sleeve for me.

I have my 1st visit with surgeon on Nov 23rd, I am leaning towards the sleeve. Not wantingbyo take meds all my life, that's part of the reason for doing this in my opinion. However as my dad said "opinions are like assholes, everybody has one" ????????

Congratulations and welcome. This is quite a journey.

Since you haven't even met with your surgeon, I would encourage you to keep an open mind about which procedure to have. Do your research, read, and ask questions with an open mind. I started this process dead set against any weight loss surgery (mostly because I had a lot of old, out-dated preconceptions) and with lots of time and information was very happily sleeved on April 20 of this year. As long as you choose a procedure that you and your surgeon are confident is right for you, your unique body, and your lifestyle, then that is what you should do. It's not a competition.

Best of luck with your journey and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hello all!! I am new here too!! I have been reading posts for a long time but this is my first post!

I met with my surgeon on Wednesday this week. I had initially decided that the sleeve was what I wanted. After talking with the surgeon and going over my history, he suggested bypass for me. I have a long history of GERD and he said that many times, the sleeve makes that worse. I am a bit nervous about bypass but trust my surgeon. I had my first weigh in and supervised diet appointment yesterday. (I too have a 6 month supervised diet requirement for my insurance..BCBS). All of my other appointments are scheduled...NUT, psych, sleep study and the next 5 PCP appointments. I am nervous but excited. Changing surgeries has me a little overwhelmed!!! ????

Congrats on the start of your journey, and best of luck!

I have 3 months of supervised nutrition appointments. I want the sleeve, but my insurance only covers the band and bypass. I am going to go for the bypass. I just have to talk to my surgeon because he doesn't like to do bypasses. I just don't want a surgeon who is doing something that makes him miserable.

Edited by drms2rlty

Hi I'm back,

I chickened out two years ago and guess what I'm exactly the same weight ????... I did weight watchers for a year and a half and at most lost 35lbs.... I went up and down the last two years playing with either same weight loss.... Now it appears I have GERD WHICH FEELS LIKE A FREAKING HEART ATTACK.... I am too afraid to eat so hopefully the pre op weight loss will be easier.. I'm confused because after my GP referred me I was told the surgeon would call me with a phone appointment... Don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing...... I hope it means the process is faster! Just want to get the ball rolling... Bypass here I come!

Hello all. I'm rather new here as well. I am in the midst of my appointments with NUT, CNP, Surgeon, Psych. I don't have to have a sleep study because I already know I have OSA and use a CPAP when sleeping. I've had 2 NUT appts, saw the CNP this past week, I have to go for a chest x-ray, abdominal ultrasound, and EKG this week. My next meeting is with the surgeon on 11/24, as well as my 3rd NUT appt. My insurance requires 6 NUT visits, and you can only do 1 every 30 days. So, it is aligned that I should be ready to schedule surgery in March, 2016. I'm nervous but so excited at the same time. I have one of the top surgeons in Cleveland, Ohio for this surgery. Going through the Cleveland Clinic. I so hope this helps me with my health issues; mostly my out of control diabetes. I've been eating low carb and clean (no processed foods) for the past 3 years, and I just cannot get my numbers under control. I also suffer from GERD, sleep Apnea, High Cholesterol, Tryglicerides. I just want to live a healthy life and be active.

Good Luck everyone. Keep posting as you head toward the actual surgery. It helps me to know I'm not alone in this and the support is so positive.