Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any good salsa recipes?

I'm a kitchen sink gal. My base is always diced Tomato, green chili (or jalepeño) and onion. I'll also add diced peaches or mango when in season. If I have it I like to make one with pineapple, red onion and cilantro. Lime/Lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste. Let sit in the fridge at least an hour before serving. Another variation is to add black Beans (I use canned) and corn.

Pfft, I don't think there is a bad one! I love salsa. But the tortilla chips are way too high in calories. So now I pick out 4 chips and use them like spoons to eat my salsa until they are soggy.

Oh, I changed my mind... anytime someone puts fruit in a salsa there is a good chance that it will be nasty. Not 100%, but a good chance.

lol... Blerdgirl, I swear your post wasn't there when I submitted mine. I wasn't picking on your recipe!

@@BigViffer - No worries. We don't all have the same tastebuds. What's yummy to me may indeed be nasty to others and that's okay. BTW I don't eat chips and salsa. I like salsa. I often use it instead of Salad Dressing and I prefer making my own over store bought.

I recently read someones post that said they used celery to eat their salsa. I am far enough out now that I think I can eat celery. I need the crunch to go along with the salsa.

Yay! Thank you... I am definitely not doing chips lol I wish, but no. I was thinking with eggs, with chicken & salads etc

Yay! Thank you... I am definitely not doing chips lol I wish, but no. I was thinking with eggs, with chicken & salads etc

Love it on scrambled eggs!

I make it from the things in my garden--multicolored tomatoes, red onions, jalapeños, lime juice, cilantro and garlic. Then I mash an avocado and put a bit of the salsa in and have guacamole too!

Pfft, I don't think there is a bad one! I love salsa. But the tortilla chips are way too high in calories. So now I pick out 4 chips and use them like spoons to eat my salsa until they are soggy.

Oh, I changed my mind... anytime someone puts fruit in a salsa there is a good chance that it will be nasty. Not 100%, but a good chance.

I completely agree, I know a lot of people like it but I can't stand fruit in salsa or salad or in savory dishes

Diced fresh tomatoes

1 can of diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)

Diced fresh onion

Minced garlic

Cilantro

juice of one lime

Salt and pepper to taste

Jalapeños if you like it hot

I don't have exact measurements, I just chop and mix

Made a really tasty salsa/guacamole for lunch today

1 avocado

1 large Tomato

half a red onion

1 jalapeno

1 can corn

1 juicy lime

1 packet taco seasoning

fresh cilantro

dice the tomato, onion, and avocado, add it with the corn and chopped cilantro to a bowl. Add the juice of a juicy lime, or two small limes. I added a tablespoon of the taco seasoning but you can add more or less per your own taste. Mix it up and let it sit for about half an hour then enjoy! You can also add more or less jalapenos depending on your heat preference

a variation on this would be to add some diced chicken and serve it in lettuce cups. The best chicken salad ever!

I recently read someones post that said they used celery to eat their salsa. I am far enough out now that I think I can eat celery. I need the crunch to go along with the salsa.

I just wanted to revist this comment - I had celery with salsa this weekend. According to MyFitnessPal, 4 tortilla chips have 100 calories (approx). I had two stalks of celery and about a cup of salsa for less than 150 calories. The crunch was totally satisfying and there was no fat in the snack. I loved it!

The only draw back was the lack of saltiness that compliments salsa so well. But honestly, I think I will live.