Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck, JenLyn! I'm in KC.

I'm from the Columbia area and had my surgery done through the University of Missouri Bariatric clinic. Anyone else near my area or go through the same clinic? It appears that they rarely do sleeves anymore. I've only heard of one other person.

Supplement Superstore is awesome. The guys they have on staff, at least at the 2 I go to know about surgery and make sure you get the right Proteins. The ones in Missouri don't stock Syntrax that I have seen, while the Illinois stores carry the whole line. If you live in STL and you want the most variety and the lowest prices on Syntrax Nectar, make the trip to the store in Glen Carbon/Edwardsville. $27.99

I'm from the Columbia area and had my surgery done through the University of Missouri Bariatric clinic. Anyone else near my area or go through the same clinic? It appears that they rarely do sleeves anymore. I've only heard of one other person.

I was going to go there and get the sleeve last year. Didnt know sleeve wasn't popular there which one is more popular there?

Edited by sleever314

I work for Wash U on the medical campus and Dr Eagon is very popular there. He is the only bariactric surgeon for Bjc Hospitals in our area and yes the wait was long...I attended the seminar in March 2015. After completing ins required 6 month nut appointments in sept. I was not able to make an appointment to see Dr. Eagon until mid November. I was very frustrated and went to Des Peres Hosp and met with Dr. Ricks. He was very nice. However, between my pcp being slow to send in my medical clearance, Dr. Eagon's office being slow to forward my medical records and Des Peres hospital telling me I would have a 1500.00 out of pocket max--I stayed where I was.

Although I was leaning toward the sleeve I wanted to get Dr. Eagon's opinion between the bypass and sleeve. Dr. Ricks only does sleeves and lap bands. He also required me to get an EGD (150.00 deductible). Dr. Eagon does a lot of the more complicated cases and doesn't require an EGD or pre op liquid diet. He has a good reputation so I hope he is worth the wait!

I go to the Vitamin Supplement Store on Eager Rd next to Dierbergs and I use their product called Level 1. I haven't tried Syntrax nectar but have heard a lot about it. Does it come unflavored?

It's so nice being able to "talk" with you all!!!

I love the level 1 watermelon. I had it first after surgery. It's too sweet for me now but it is a really good Protein with BCAAS. I might get another container in the summer.

Well yesterday I got my surgery date. My best friend is doing this with me and we will get our sleeves on February 9th. Three weeks from today. I am so excited! I think it is going to be great having someone go through this with me. ???? we will be seeing Dr. Hoehn in Shawnee mission., KS. We are both from the MO side of KC.

Edited by because

Aren't the makers of Formula 1 in St. Louis, Missouri?. I got a free taste of Formula 1 at Supplement Superstore in Jefferson City. They actually have a Cinnamon Toast Crunch Flavor. Which is both good and bad because Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal is one of those foods I overate in my morbidly obese days. Also, it is terribly expensive. Not sure if the price is really worth it. I may change my mind.

They are in Missouri and they guys that own Supplement Superstore also own Formula 1.

it is expensive, although it only seems expensive because Syntrax is so cheap there (I pay 27.99 for Syntrax and the Formula 1 was I think 42). Some of their flavors are really good though, and it has BCAA already in it and it still tastes good.I was adding a BCAA powder to my drinks and it adds a terrible taste, so something that already has it was a nice change. It also mixes very easy and is very thin. That isn't important for me now, but right after surgery it was great. They taste better than Syntrax and Syntrax tastes great to me, but Formula 1 is just a little better.

If cost is an issue, Syntrax is like 12-15 cheaper a container. If you want a change of pace or a treat go for it.

Also even though it is owned by the company, they don't push it above other products. What i like about Supplement Superstore is when you go in and tell them your needs, they show you all your options, make suggestions, but don't go for the hard sell.

I have my initial consult with Van Wagner on 2/3/16. I don't know what to expect, Cigna is my insurance. So happy to see other STL people here! Please keep posting so I can follow some people close by!

I live in Illinois, approximately 60 east of St Louis. My insurance company required 4 months of weigh ins, pysch eval, labs, chest x ray and nutritional consults. I did my last weigh in a week ago Wednesday. My insurance company contacted my doc, Dr. Darin Minkin yesterday. I start my 3 day clear liquid/protein shake diet tomorrow and surgery Tuesday!! I am so excited!! Dr Minkin operates at Des Peres hosp in St Louis

Edited by pammyg7

St. Louis here. Dr. Chris Eagon at Wash U will be performing my surgery on Feb. 2nd. A friend of mine had him do her gastric bypass over the summer and it was a great experience for her. I'm so excited. I'll see y'all on the post op side soon. Hope all is well.

St. Louis here. Dr. Chris Eagon at Wash U will be performing my surgery on Feb. 2nd. A friend of mine had him do her gastric bypass over the summer and it was a great experience for her. I'm so excited. I'll see y'all on the post op side soon. Hope all is well.

Dr. Eagon is my surgeon too and my surgery is 1 day before yours...have you had your refresher nurse visit yet? Mine is Weds and I was wondering what to expect. Will you be in west county or the city?

I'm from St. Louis. Dr. Eagon will be doing my surgery Feb 1 at BJ west. I am in the process of getting Vitamins and stocking the pantry. I found a great Protein Shake at the vitamen supplement store. The guys there let you try samples before purchasing. I like strawberry the best. I tried Isopure grape and did not like it at all. I also have orange and passion fruit also but I'm very hesitant to try . Does anyone have a favorite non flavored Protein Powder? Good Luck to Everyone!!!

I'm from St Louis. I will have my surgery done by Dr. Scott @ des peres hospital. It's the my new self program

Dr. Eagon is my surgeon too and my surgery is 1 day before yours...have you had your refresher nurse visit yet? Mine is Weds and I was wondering what to expect. Will you be in west county or the city?

My appt with the nurse is Wednesday, too. I'll be having my surgery at Barnes West. Where are you having yours?