Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Nov. 2! Liquid diet is driving me crazy.

I am scheduled for November 2nd as well. Started my 2 week diet this past Monday. I am supposed to do 4-6 shakes a day (8oz), then no limits on SF Jello, SF popsicles, fat free broth and most vegetables. For the most part it has not been bad. Night time is the worst. I have two kids I have to cook for and I have to pick my one son up from work between 11 and midnight, so going to bed early isnt an option for me. I have had a few slips, (a couple bites is all) Any ideas on the late night cravings? Also having trouble just drinking enough. Im lucky to get 3 shakes and 2 bottles of Water down. Never drank much before this. Even on good days I can do 3 shakes and 3 bottles of Water.

Tonight though I had a major slip. I had to chaperone my 13 year old neices birthday party. Junk food galore, but did stay away from all of the sweets, and limited myself to one piece of pizza and 2 wings. It was great to eat some real food in the moment, but my stomache didnt agree with all that fat after eating so well for 6 days. Will be super strict for next 9 days, all I can do at this point. Trying not to feel to guilty about it.

I am scheduled for November 2nd as well. Started my 2 week diet this past Monday. I am supposed to do 4-6 shakes a day (8oz), then no limits on SF Jello, SF popsicles, fat free broth and most vegetables. For the most part it has not been bad. Night time is the worst. I have two kids I have to cook for and I have to pick my one son up from work between 11 and midnight, so going to bed early isnt an option for me. I have had a few slips, (a couple bites is all) Any ideas on the late night cravings? Also having trouble just drinking enough. Im lucky to get 3 shakes and 2 bottles of Water down. Never drank much before this. Even on good days I can do 3 shakes and 3 bottles of Water.

Tonight though I had a major slip. I had to chaperone my 13 year old neices birthday party. Junk food galore, but did stay away from all of the sweets, and limited myself to one piece of pizza and 2 wings. It was great to eat some real food in the moment, but my stomache didnt agree with all that fat after eating so well for 6 days. Will be super strict for next 9 days, all I can do at this point. Trying not to feel to guilty about it.

For the late night cravings I have been chewing a lot of gum, also I have trouble getting all the liquids in as well my water intake is something I need to work on. I've just never been much of a drinker either..

Drove me crazy too. At times when I've thought "This is just ridiculous, I should not have to do this!" I remember those who went before me. They did it and that gives me strength. You can do this. Hang in there!

Started preop clear liquid diet today. Feeling very weak and missing my Protein Shakes. ????????

BTW sleeve surgery 10/27.

Why aren't you drinking Protein Shakes on your pre-op diet?

Drs orders are strict. I originally thought I could have clear Protein Drinks but alas no. Not a fun surprise.

I'm going to buy some sf Popsicles and Jello. I've also heard from the head nurse that meat tenderizer works well with food gets stuck after. And posts here say that GasX helps after also. I'm stocking up on those too. I've got quite the stockpile of supplies for Wednesday when I come home.

The pre-op diet has a purpose. It shrinks your liver so that the surgery will be easier. They have to lift and move your liver out of the way to get to your stomach. I kept this thought in mind during my 10 day Protein shake diet and that was enough motivation to keep me from straying. You can do this! Good Luck!

I'm 8 weeks post op, and I feel like the pre-op diet has been the most difficult part for me... It's hard to basically go cold turkey into a super strict diet while you are still hungry. Post-op is much different, because the hunger isn't there.

Just try to think of the big picture!

~*~ Find me on YouTube: Trisha's Sleeve Story ~*~

Thank you!

Finishing my 7th day of liquid diet. It has been very hard but I am managing. I have averaged 1.5 lbs weight loss a day so far so that gives me some incentive of what post op will be like. It is hard to consume 3 shakes a day. I am drinking body fortress whey isolate chocolate flavor. I had a hard time with the vanilla. Blending with some banana and a few ice cubes works real well.

Thanks everyone, for the support and suggestions. I am having such a hard time chocking all of these sweet shakes down. :(

Are you mixing them with Water or skim milk? The milk made a big difference for me and it pumps up the Protein a bit.

Are you mixing them with Water or skim milk? The milk made a big difference for me and it pumps up the Protein a bit.

Well, I was mixing them with Fairlife, but I didn't think it enhanced the flavor. I think I will try regular skim milk.

You got this! My surgery is on 11/2, too. liquid diet for 1 week now, it gets a little easier. Keep drinking, Popsicle, Jello, something available all the time.

Hello! My surgery date is Nov 3rd. I am on my 2 week, 1200 calorie diet, but I feel bad for all of you. I only have a liquid diet for 2 days before surgery. It is weird how different Dr.'s are. Hope you all stick with it!!! I am sure it will be worth it in the end.