Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cream of wheat breakfast

I thought we were staying away from carbs... I wasn't planning on having any of these things...

I like my cream of wheat made with skim milk and then I add a packet of splenda and some pumpkin pie spice when it's done....it's yummy

I haven't made cream of wheat for a while, but will eat oatmeal. For oatmeal I buy the plain flavor, (flavored instant have to much sugar)1/4c. oatmeal to 1/2 c. milk. I add vanilla extract and nutmeg & splenda. I usually eat oatmeal with 1 boiled egg & 1 boiled egg white.

a single serving of cream of wheat uses 3Tbs to one cup milk I believe.

I thought we were staying away from carbs... I wasn't planning on having any of these things...

this is not on my post op plan. I can have crabs. I only need to avoid highly processed crabs.

My son likes his with brown sugar, butter, and a little milk.

I always like cream of wheat as a kid with plenty of brown sugar. Has anyone tried the splenda brown sugar substitute... is it any good?

I like cream of wheat. My kids all call it "breakfast pudding" LOL I make it with milk and Splenda(just regular old Splenda not the brown sugar version). It tastes nothing like oatmeal. I can't tolerate oatmeal, but to me, cream of wheat is similar to rice pudding. Maybe because I like to make it super thick and sweetened with Splenda. I'm actually glad that I'll get to have it post op.

We can have the lower sugar instant oatmeal with the different flavors according to our NUT, after we get past the first six weeks. My surgery date is Dec 1, so I'm reading, reading, reading, all of your posts to get educated! Thanks!

My NUT said we can have the lower sugar instant oatmeal packets down the road (after six weeks). I'm still waiting on my surgery...Dec. 1....but reading all of your posts to get educated! Thanks.....

I've had the Quaker "weight control" flavored oatmeals which are low sugar, low carb, with higher Protein.< /p>

I've had the Quaker "weight control" flavored oatmeals which are low sugar, low carb, with higher Protein.

Me too, I find them to be quite tasty ...especially the banana one, yum!

I stopped eating cream of wheat because I cannot find anything to put in it that I like to add flavor. Pre-surgery, I would do sugar and milk. Post surgery I've tried cinnamon, a smidge of vanilla...and even splenda and nothing tastes right.

If you like, and can tolerate ,oatmeal, I definitely would suggest trying the Quaker "Weight Control" Instant Oatmeal... There's a variety box that has Cinnamon, Maple & Brown Sugar and banana Nut bread and all three of them are delicious and as @@nnv said..very low in sugar and carbs and have decent amounts of Protein :)

Good Luck!

Edited by Nikikins