Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone do protein bars?

Atkins would be the last bar I'd want due to all the sugar alcohol.

It screws my system up badly. Maybe you'll have better results.

Quest Bars are hands down the best I've ever tried. Very high in Protein, low in sugar, high in Fiber and the flavor is killer.

Most all of the Protein powder when mixed with ice Water seems to work out great for me. There is a wide, wide range of excellent low-carb Protein Powder available.

Why can't you have a Protein shake?

Premier makes great shakes, low carbs, 30g of Protein, best on the market.

I occasionally do Quest Protein Bar. I find that a whole one is too much so, I break it in two and have it for a snack.

Good luck.

I cast my vote for the Quest Bars too. They're great! I ordered a variety pack of the old and new flavors off Amazon to go through them and find which ones I liked best; it was an interesting process! And I would totally enjoy eating some of these compared to the Protein Shakes, too. My body pretty much rejects every shake attempt now, lol

I decided not to have them. Since before surgery I often ate too much, I fear Protein Bars would be a downfall because some of them taste pretty good!

@@sarahbethemails - yes, I started eating them when I hit the solid phase about a month and a half out. If I had still been able to handle Protein shakes then I might have waited a little longer, but it was a successful trade-off.

@@red37 - I have to agree that I've found the Mint chocolate Chunk Quest bar to be the only one I liked enough to be worried about eating it too often! But the others fall in a category of edible, but not delicious enough to want to eat all the time. For me anyway, haha

Lol okay thanks

Are you supposed to be eating solid foods now?

Many of these bars are very dense and not only take forever to chew, but I suspect would work a new stomach really hard.....thus the reasons we are put on shakes initially.

There is also unflavored Protein powder that mixes fine with Water.

Please be safe.

Don't push your new stomach beyond where your surgeon has planned.

if you can't tolerate the shakes like me due to the milk contents then most Quest bars etc will be out too try Soy based proetin bars or Meal Replacement bars, i have one Optifast berry bar most days - 1/2 Breakfast half afternoon snack, also has the benefits of a 3rd of your daily Vitamin and minerals in it also. it has a tiny amount of diary in but so minute even my very sensitive stomach to all things dairy can handle it, I am sure there are other soy based bars on the market to.

I was able to handle these from 3 weeks out. (with NUTs and Surgeon's blessing)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches