Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was a really bad day for me... the past couple of weeks I've had been on a pretty good eating diet. No soda at all... nit really any sweets... I eat almost 6 times a day... but has anyone got sick while starting there diet.... I've had the worse headache all day. It was so bad I got really nausea... mind everyone I'm on heavy medicine so I really don't like to take anymore then what I'm plus I really don't like medicine... so it took me almost 8 hours to finally take something it was so bad... would I have got this because I cut off the caffeine of soda that I would usually drinks or bc I used to cut off my snacking that I used to do? Any ideas on what I should do...

I would guess it is all about the caffeine withdrawal. You will likely get headaches over the next few days, just treat them early so they don't get out of control.

Also, I would recommend that you drink tons of Water, at least 64ounces which will help flush the toxins out of your system.

it does sound like caffeine withdrawal. When I went off caffeine I had a massive headache for a little over a week. I agree with Djmohr - drink lots of Water and be proactive with tylenol or something that will help take the edge off. I hope you feel better soon and congrats on changing your eating habits! It can be very hard - but oh so worth it.

Yep, the posters above are right on target, it is from cutting the caffeine. I was one that would drink on average 64oz of coke or mt dew every day for years then about 3&1/2 years ago I went cold turkey. I felt horrible the first week or so but then once it was out of my system I felt great. I haven't had caffeine since.

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. I felt so terrible yesterday. And its hard with the change especially with 3 kids...

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. I felt so terrible yesterday. And its hard with the change especially with 3 kids...

Good luck.

You've got my respect......doing this while seeing to the needs of 3 kids. That is powerfully tough.

I had it easy.....I just turned over all the family meals to my wife....I only have to worry about drinking my shakes. Cooking for others right now would be super tough.

Caffeine is a powerful stimulant. I abused the heck out of it during my pre-op diet and am paying for it now. I really, really want to try some Lipton Diet Peach Tea right now but I'm not going to mess up a good thing. My mini-stomach is healing and I don't want to screw up the process.

Thanks @@Dub yea it's definitely hard. I wish my husband can cook... he can barely cook cereal...lol I'm just kidding about the Cereal. But I, definitely doing pretty good I just didn't expect that yesterday. I know it'll get better but like we all wish it would be sooner then later.

The cool thing about feeding the family is that there are so many tasty meals in the freezer aisles.

Most are so easy that even a caveman like me can cook them.

It sure would be nice for you to not have to be the main family chef during this time......at least not every day. Some days you could simply turn it over and take the day off.

Good luck to you. Looks like you have a little while leading up to your surgery. That can be a great time. Hopefully you are in good health and can be getting frequent walking in and working on things leading up to your surgery date.

Best wishes.