Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all- I just had my revision to Gastric Sleeve on Tuesday and am on all Clear Liquids. I can go to full liquids next week for 2 weeks then I'll be on Pureeds. I was just wondering in order to prepare do you guys have any good suggestions for soft foods or Pureeds? Thanks a bunch!

I never had to do pureed foods but one of my favorite soft food was a ricotta cheese dish I made.

I took some ricotta added some Tomato sauce and some shredded cheese and microwaved it until the cheese was melted. Then I just stirred it and ate it. Eventually I was able to add some finely diced bell peppers and onions and a little bit of ham and it was awesome.For something more substantial, mix all of the above with some egg. Then take a muffin tin, line a cup with a slice of ham and fill it with that ricotta mixture and bake it until it is set. YUM!

Also, one of my favorites is tuna mixed with avocado and boiled egg with a tiny bit of mayo. Mush it up really well. When you can eat more this is super tasty served on a slice of cucumber or in a hollowed out tomato. You can also make the same salad with chicken instead

Edited by Sophie74656

This is from my Kaiser SoCal paperwork for Stage 3 - Soft Foods - Days 15 - 30. You can drink all that you had in Phase 1 and 2, plus now you can add the following:

mashed potatoes thinned with light milk alternative

well-cooked yams without skin

steamed or poached fish, moist tuna, ground chicken/turkey

soft veggie burgers

low fat Beans

chicken - shredded and moistened with broth

scrambled egg whites or egg substitute, soft cooked or poached (not fried)

greek yogurt, cottage or ricotta cheese

low-fat or nonfat cheese string cheese

non-fat feta cheese

applesauce (unsweetened)

ripe bananas

soft, canned fruit in juice (pour out juice)

all soft, well-cooked veggies except fibrous ones like celery and asparagus, corn
seasonings - herbs ok

Fave pureed travel food: Underwood deviled chicken. By the way, many of the things on the Kaiser list my NUT and surgeon would not have approved as pureed/mushy foods -- particularly shredded chicken Beans not pureed to mushy level.

My go to foods were mashed potatoes with added Protein powder. Cottage cheese, I would take tuna, low fat mayo and throw it in the food processor and eat it will a couple ritz crackers. Greek yogurt was also a big portion of my diet. I have heard a lot of people say ricotta bake but I cannot eat eggs. Oh and eggs are an excellent Protein source.

Thanks guys, all great answers, I'll definitely try the ricotta bake!