Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A body area that stops you dropping a size

Anyone else have one body area that is stopping you dropping a size??

My lower gut area is a pain!! My pants are all baggy on me on the butt and thighs especially, my tops are baggy on the shoulders, chest and back area but this band around my lower gut is stopping me going down a size or two grr!

Anyone else have a problem area which is preventing them getting better fit clothing for everywhere else?

@ - Just out of curiosity what are you doing for exercise? Personally I found yoga very helpful in creating tone and proportion. (Congrats on your 42 pound loss to date BTW).

I second that, exercise helps. I run and do yoga and stay pretty much in proportion.

That Said my calves are pretty muscular so skinny jean and boots are hard!

Other than that, once I got to goal it became my hip bones of all things! I can find jeans that are baggy in the waist and butt and hips but can't go any smaller bc of my hip bones! Weird

Thank you both! Well to be honest just walking a little cycling and some swimming once a week. I'm very unfit nothing I do if I'm honest us pushing myself hard. I just downloaded to couch to 5km app so I wanting to give that a go.

But yes I dream about doing yoga it's a major none scale goal of mine to really get into it. I just feel like I'm too big and shy to go a class :/

I am right there with you!! I have to find very skinny jeans so they fit my legs and butt. I have to get a size 6 for my stomach, but the rest of me is a four. I need a small shirt for my shoulders, but have to get a medium for my tummy. It kinda stinks. I have gotten a few of my nicer pieces tailored and that helps a lot.

I am very active and exercise has not really helped it- I think I just need a Tummy Tuck. It's just not in the financial cards right now. Had to remodel our pool this year. Maybe next year.

I have always been heavier in my belly region so it stands to reason that's all that is left of me.

UGH I HATE my panni area! I don't think it so much prevents me from going down a size, but just looks unsightly to me in or out of clothes. I've decided I'm going to persue plastics next year, because no matter what or how much excersise I do, it won't be going away. Sometimes plastic surgery is the only option for those problem areas!

@ - Just out of curiosity what are you doing for exercise? Personally I found yoga very helpful in creating tone and proportion. (Congrats on your 42 pound loss to date BTW).

OCKPIrate, regarding yoga....is there a specific version of it that you started out doing? Did you take a class or use at home versions? I've long heard about the benefits, but I know I'd be below a beginner at this point. I'm very interested in toning and being more flexible and healthy, so I'd welcome any advice....from the others as well!

Hip/thighs. My top half is literally a size smaller than my bottom half.

@@TakeitorSleeveit I do hot yoga. Not for the faint of heart;-). Use groupons to try different places and see what you like.

Thank you both! Well to be honest just walking a little cycling and some swimming once a week. I'm very unfit nothing I do if I'm honest us pushing myself hard. I just downloaded to couch to 5km app so I wanting to give that a go.

But yes I dream about doing yoga it's a major none scale goal of mine to really get into it. I just feel like I'm too big and shy to go a class :/

Couch to 5k is awesome!!! I was never a runner (walked in high school PE class!) and it's how I started. Ran a marathon in May and have done three triathlons, countess half marathons and shorter races and two long relay races.

And if you're intimidated by yoga you haven't found the right teacher!!! Try a Yin or Gentle or Restorative class to start. And if you're on Instagram search for Bigladyyoga she's inspirational!!!

Mstwist

Our stats are almost identical for height and weight. I am 4 weeks out. I also have the same difficult body area. Pants are my nemesis! I could be 2, maybe 3 sizes smaller if it weren't for my lowtmy area. I have had 2 C-sections also so that exagerates this area. Leggings are about the only thing I can wear and then even some are baggy in the butt! I don't really have any advice just yet, I am going to take a yoga class this weekend with my support group and also some classes at my local YMCA for toning later this month. I'll let you know if I have success with anything. Good to hear someone having the same struggles. Best of luck!

@@OKCPirate you aren't kidding! I accidentally took my first hot yoga class a few weeks ago! Yikes! I didn't bring a towel and was slipping all over the place. Dunno if I will be trying that again!

@@jess9395 - I have this special towel that is only terry cloth on one side to go on top of my mat, I also keep a towel off to my side for my face, and I always bring a change of clothes because I'm a sweaty mess when I'm done...but dang it, I love it. I keep getting more flexible, stronger, and my balance is much better. And it's nice to only have to concentrate on one thing for an hour. I'm not saying Hot Yoga is the best thing since sliced bread, but its a good challenge for me.

@ - on your C25K program, some tips:

When I started I was getting distracted and not paying attention to the timing then I found this cool little site c25kplaylists.com. The music is OK, but the nice thing is the voice prompts to remind me to walk or run. I can concentrate on form and not look at my watch. I just saved the 30 minute song as an MP3 file and put it on my iPod.

Speaking of form - http://www.jeffgallo...m/learn/videos/ Jeff has some great tips. Most important take away, short stride, shuffle, feet close to ground to prevent injuries. When I last tried to start running, I didn't do this and ended up hurting myself and was not able to walk for nearly a week. Two weeks of using this tip has lead to pain free running.

Keep in mind, this is where I started

A few months later, this is where I ended up ;-)

@@jess9395 - I have this special towel that is only terry cloth on one side to go on top of my mat, I also keep a towel off to my side for my face, and I always bring a change of clothes because I'm a sweaty mess when I'm done...but dang it, I love it. I keep getting more flexible, stronger, and my balance is much better. And it's nice to only have to concentrate on one thing for an hour. I'm not saying Hot Yoga is the best thing since sliced bread, but its a good challenge for me.

Yeah I bought one of those towels a couple days ago!

Still haven't ventured back into the hot class... Loving my vinyasa and hatha though!