Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before surgery diet

So glad to have someone that understands , we will make it we have to , we have worked and jumped through every hoop them have thrown at us , so I am staying strong , gonna , do what needs to be done . Found out today I have to be at the hospital at 6 , surgery at 7:30 , first one and it over . Really like my surgeon , super nice , gonna bring him star bucks to make sure he's alert and ready for me just kidding he is good

Sounds just like me yesterday. Arrived at 6:30am and was in surgery at 7:45am.

Everything went well. stayed in the hospital the remainder of the day, night and was released at 4:30pm today.

You'll do great. Make sure you get up and walk frequently. It really helps your healing and it takes care of any residual gas pains, if any, that you may experience.

Stay on top of your pain meds and don't let long intervals drift between doses. Take them as scheduled and you'll hardly notice any pain, I'll bet.

Best wishes.

So glad to hear your surgery went well! YAY!!!!!

My surgery is also the 19th, I'm on day 4 of pre op liquids and actually feel good..

Surprisingly (for me at least) I feel so much better already too! I am on day 9 of my 13 day pre-op diet and I am feeling FABULOUS! It might be that I am not eating a bunch of JUNK (namely fast food) or the excitement about the surgery, or I don't know what- maybe that it is fall- but I honestly am feeling like a million bucks!

@@mlp1435 How are you feeling? has the headache gone away? Just checking in on you. :)

I think the lack of sugar - that was my weakness sweets- has made a huge difference, around 2 pm I get a bit nutty and think about cheating lol but usually if I can get past that it's not too bad lol

I am also on my preop diet, day 8. I am feeling ok but I'm really wanting food today. It didn't help that someone brought donuts into work today...... Ugh

I am also scheduled for 10/22/15. I and getting the sleeve after my lap-band broke. The pre-diet is tough, but well worth it!! Just keep doing your best, you'll be glad you did.

We all gripe about the pre-op diet but honestly it's a healthy move.

The Protein is a good healthy amount. The low carbs get us into ketosis. The focus on uping our Water intake help to flush out toxins and get us nicely hydrated for surgery.

The other benefit is that if we didn't have this pre-op diet, many of us would be stuffing our gullets at Golden Corral and other places with garbage we don't need to have. I know I would have, at least.

Best wishes @@mlp1435 , You are getting mighty close to game day.

I'm surprised everyone is stuck on Protein shakes, I'm about to start my second week of the pre-op diet and outside of a Protein goal I was only told to go vegan and stay off sodas.

Tomorrow is the big day, 6:30am arrival 9:45 surgery, am anxious to get it over with lol was seriously surprised that I was not cheating through the pre-op and surprised at how great I felt! Thanks for all the great stories and info ????

Edited by sorrynomore

Had surgery this morning everything went well... Other than gas I'm not feeling any pain. Hope everyone is doing okay

Home from the hospital , doing ok , eating a Popsicle right now , a little sore but glad to have it in my past . The anthesia dr just tore my throat up , told him what size tube I needed from surgeries , he decided that he was going bigger , my throat is horrible as is my neck , but this will pass . Oct 22 , is past so begins my future .