Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in TJ?

Lap-B thanks for that list. I also found a few more additions to it on that thread. And SAN must be the right one. I did get an email telling me when I need to plan on being there and when I can leave, he does suggest an extra day stayover.

B A Looser WOW does your experience encourage me. I will be banded on Sept. 11 by DR. Gonzales. Dr. V. has been answering all my emails and calling. Hey, you don't get that from the docs here in the USA. Also I plan on flying back to San Diego for my fills by DR G.

I'm back!!!

Sorry I didn't post sooner but I left home only a couple of days and everything just went crazy. I had a great experience with everything, the little details are not even worth mentioning. All the doctors, Laura, the hotel and the surgical facility all were great. I'm speechless. I read about other people posting and I'm sure, they are exagerating! Not so, Christine everything was just as you had described it. I thank all of you for your referrals I feel so lucky that I found this forum otherwise who knows where I would have gone for my lap band. The day after surgery I did not believe it, I felt as if nothing had happened. Well let me tell everyone: Go to doctor Gonzalez and doctor Valenzuela. Calls and emails daily since I got back home, asking about my flight back, my pain, my incisions, my diet I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! I'm happy to tears. And I'm losing weight!!!!!!!!!!

The nurses were awesome, a couple have a little bit of a problem with their English, but they knew what I needed. Laura was ready to answer my calls (and did) 24/7. When do these people rest? I don't know but I am very grateful

. Lap-bandit (I got your PM, thanks!), do not worry for a second, you are going to be in the greatest care with the greatest group of professionals.

Thanks again everyone and I'll be sure to keep you posted!

B A Loser -

I am so glad to hear everything went great!!! Were you able to meet up with Gabe4x4? What hotel did you stay at? I have read mixed reviews on the one that they have me set up for....Just wondered about your experience with that. Did you got out sight seeing the day before surgery? My friend that is going along is determined that we are going sight seeing....I on the other hand am a little nervous about that. Also, how was the border? Was that a long process? Sorry for all the questions....but I babble when I am excited. Please stay in touch on how all is going. Your experience and views are GREATLY appreciated. You have really put me at ease!

Take Care!!

Hi all, I just took the plundge and set up my surgery date for Sept. 11. Got 19 days and it is going to go fast. Oh, and I'm nervous.

congratulations !!! I'm sure you will do great.

LUCKY YOU!!!!!

All patients going to doctor Gonzalez: Good choice.

Young doctor, explains everything and goes to work. I like it, no beating around the bush. I met him and his First question: How was your flight? 2nd: How are you feeling?

3rd: Did Dr. Valenzuela explain everything to you and answer all your questions?

Ok now we will go over the procedure and answer your questions afterwards.

He went over every detail of the procedure, explained that I needed to work at it after surgery, Lap Band is not a magic cure speech, answered my questions and that was it. Next day I underwent surgery. Nursing staff did their job great and I am happily losing weight.

And yes they do call and email you afterwards to check up on you.

Great experience I would recommend Dr. Gonzalez and his team to anyone who is serious about losing weight. B A, lets keep in touch hope you are doing as well as I am!

LUCKY YOU!!!!!

All patients going to doctor Gonzalez: Good choice.

Young doctor, explains everything and goes to work. I like it, no beating around the bush. I met him and his First question: How was your flight? 2nd: How are you feeling?

3rd: Did Dr. Valenzuela explain everything to you and answer all your questions?

Ok now we will go over the procedure and answer your questions afterwards.

He went over every detail of the procedure, explained that I needed to work at it after surgery, Lap Band is not a magic cure speech, answered my questions and that was it. Next day I underwent surgery. Nursing staff did their job great and I am happily losing weight.

And yes they do call and email you afterwards to check up on you.

Great experience I would recommend Dr. Gonzalez and his team to anyone who is serious about losing weight. B A, lets keep in touch hope you are doing as well as I am!

gabe4x4-

Thank you so much for responding and letting us know that all went well. I feel so much more at ease hearing that things went great and I am sure that everybody appreciates the feedback. Good Luck to both you and B A loser.

I wish I had gone with him. I went with Ortiz and it was fine, but I got NO follow- up - not an email , not a phone call checking in on me - nothing!. In contrast, I've been hearing from Dr. Gonzalez's clinical doc, with whom I had been in touch prior to choosing a doc.( Timing played a huge role in my decision-making...) He followed up with me- even though I wasn't his patient! I have gotten very good information from him. It really seems to me that this practice takes the complete care of their patients seriously... I'm impressed.

Congratulations all, Gabe, B A , and you too short c. Their follow-up is great, I have felt like I am family with these doctors. All new lap band patients will probably feel the same. Follow -up of other surgeons patients? WOW!!!!Did you feel kind of strange short c? Your surgeon seems to be rated pretty highly for someone that has no follow-up. Did you have any problems? I hope you do good and lose the weight you need. I have been doing great, still have problems with the food, I may have had somewhat of a dependency on food, maybe for comfort. Any way, I am happy! You learn things about yourself you never thought of with the lap band. Good luck to all and keep us posted!

I wish I had gone with him. I went with Ortiz and it was fine, but I got NO follow- up - not an email , not a phone call checking in on me - nothing!. In contrast, I've been hearing from Dr. Gonzalez's clinical doc, with whom I had been in touch prior to choosing a doc.( Timing played a huge role in my decision-making...) He followed up with me- even though I wasn't his patient! I have gotten very good information from him. It really seems to me that this practice takes the complete care of their patients seriously... I'm impressed.

You are impressed by the aftercare given to you by a doctor that did not do your lap band surgery? I know that Doctor Gonzalez and his team are good, but this one takes the cake! WOW! Gonzalez and his crew just do not cease to amaze me. good luck short c!!!

Short c :)

Again I’m confident that I made the right choice. There were so many choices and I had narrowed mine down to Dr. Ortiz or Dr. Gonzales. I just happen to go with Dr. Gonzales. Also I will be going to DR. G for my fills.

15 days until banding. All these good stories help soothe the nerves.

Could someone please tell me where they found their info on Dr. Gonzalez? I really want to look into him, but his website doesn't give his credentials and I'm having a hard time finding anything on the net.

My surgery date it's getting closer and closer!!!!!:whoo:

I'm getting ready to start my pre-op diet.

keep me posted how all of you are adapting to your new way of life, I know for sure I will , this website has helped me alot.

:ranger:

MandyW

I have just been following all the info on the threads in Lapbandtalk. Then I went to Dr G.'s site and filled out the form DR. V called me and we talked about anything I wanted to know. He was very honest with me and thoughly impressed me.

My surgery date it's getting closer and closer!!!!!:whoo:

I'm getting ready to start my pre-op diet.

keep me posted how all of you are adapting to your new way of life, I know for sure I will , this website has helped me alot.

:ranger:

chelsea,

what date is your surgery?

NM Sunshine

Actually he called me yesterday and sent an email. I was very surprized and very impressed. I've requested info from probably a dozen different surgeons and he the first the actually call. I guess I'm just a bit of a cynic and want to verify all that he told me. I'm expecting another email from him today with a list of his credentials and some other info.