Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in TJ?

I Received A Call From Laura For Dr. Francisco Gonzalez , My Date For My Lap Band Is Set...august 17 !!!! Wich Is Perfect For Me, Since I Have Vacation Time Coming Up The Last 2 Weeks Of August. It Will Give Me Time To Recuperate From The Surgery And Also Give Me Time To Adjust To My New Life, I'm So Exited I Can't Believe It's Finally Set.

Any Veteran Bandsters Out There That Can Give Me Advice Would Be Much Appreciated.

Congratulations all "bandsters to be", feel free to PM me if you have any questions. If anyone out there is looking for information on doctor G, click here.

I've been through most of the rough spots of banded life so I'm here to help.

Good luck!

Doctor Francisco Gonzalez is still number 1 in my book!

Looks like were going to meet down in TJ! I got mine for the same date as you. I talked to my boss, set up vacation time, talked to Laura and the doc with the stone cold patience (dr. Valenzuela) and got the wheels rolling pronto, Dr. Gonzalez is putting the band in me real soon. I´m just like that, I made up my mind and I ain´t pussyfooting around the issue. Im all researched up. Meet you in TJ Marcy!!!! Thanks for all your help everybody!

Hello Gabe that is so cool that we have the surgery scheduled for the same day, I 'm sure we can be of support to one another, how are you feeling??? are you excited?? I have all kinds of mixed emotions, last night I just couldn't sleep at all I hope I'm not the only one..and I look forward to meeting you in person you sound like a very nice guy.

Hey Christine don't be a stranger , keep us posted.

Did you go through the same thing ???? nervous, anxious,excited????? gosh all kinds of mixed feelings here!!!!

Im basically excited to get this done, I can't stand the weight, its killing me. And I look forward to meeting you as well B A. I haven't really gone through any "mixed emotions" phase, its probably because I'm sure of what I want and just want to get it over with and on to the next stage. I'm really sure about Gonzalez and his team so on we go! He's putting the "band-aid" in me on the 17th!

BAND-AID 2007!

Hi all, this is my first post on this thread. I think its appropriate for me to post here since I'm close to scheduling surgery with Doctor Gonzalez. I have read and asked questions on a few Mexican surgeons because they seem to be the ones with the most experience. I found some US surgeons very low priced, but I'm with the old saying "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is", and the ones with comparable experience to the Mexican doctors are asking for your firstborn. With the soaring costs of health care here, I just feel the low priced surgeons in the US must be cutting corners somewhere. Do any of you Gonzalez patients have any recommendations of things I should look out for? Any turn offs? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

What is up with the pre-op diet? Any salty dog out there from this gonzalez post has gotten away without it? Is that an absolutly gotta do thing? And home boy gabe "band-aid"? Cool! Whatll happen if I skip the pre diet? Somebody help me! Am I geting nervous or what? I'm cool, I'm cool. getting on this forum just kinda makes me feel closer to the band, gets me kinda nervous, you know jittery. I'll be back, I jus needs to go get me some air. Be back!

Looks like were going to meet down in TJ! I got mine for the same date as you. I talked to my boss, set up vacation time, talked to Laura and the doc with the stone cold patience (dr. Valenzuela) and got the wheels rolling pronto, Dr. Gonzalez is putting the band in me real soon. I´m just like that, I made up my mind and I ain´t pussyfooting around the issue. Im all researched up. Meet you in TJ Marcy!!!! Thanks for all your help everybody!

hey Gabe did you get any instructions for before the surgery, diet or exercise or do you just show up the day of your surgery, how does that work? Any tips from more experienced people on this board....

You fill out the medical history form, you get the pre-op diet, I was told low BMI people are not that critical on the pre-op diet (I'm starting mine today). Then they mail you a package to prepare you for the surgery. I'm pleased with the service. Have you called? try 877-249-2263 talk to Laura. You'll probably talk to Doctor Valenzuela. If you have more than a few questions, write them down cause when you are on the phone you may forget, Dr. Valenzuela gets pretty deep into his answers. After he goes over the whole thing he can put doctor Gonzalez on the phone for you if he is not in surgery, if he is Gonzalez will call you. Go for it baker! Just make the call man! I looked around and this is a tightly run outfit, everything checked out, oh and the price as well. I feel its a good deal ALL THE WAY AROUND. ##BAND-AID 2007##

I got your PM Chris, thanks for the pep talk baby girl, I really needed it! you talked some sense into me about the preop diet. I'm supposed to be getting a package in the mail, havnt gotten it yet. I got yours Janet, thanks. I felt better, back to my ol self! I AM HOTMOMMA! I AM THE GREATEST!! (so are you guys)! I WILL BE HOTTER!!!!!!!I WILL FIT INTO A NICE, SLINKY, SEXY SIZE 10!!!!!!!!YEA BABY!!!!!!!

Hello ! everything sounds great so far, I would not want to end up having to pay for a bad decision for years to come ,that is why I'm doing all this research on the web and also on this forum,thank you for sharing all your good experiences with Dr. Francisco Gonzalez, I will be reading more into his background tonight, for now I'm off to work.:faint:

HEY HOTMOMMA...YOU SOUND SO COOL:eyebrows: , I JUST LOVE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR ...SEND ME SOME GOOD VIBES !!!!

I Received A Call From Laura For Dr. Francisco Gonzalez , My Date For My Lap Band Is Set...august 17 !!!! Wich Is Perfect For Me, Since I Have Vacation Time Coming Up The Last 2 Weeks Of August. It Will Give Me Time To Recuperate From The Surgery And Also Give Me Time To Adjust To My New Life, I'm So Exited I Can't Believe It's Finally Set.

Any Veteran Bandsters Out There That Can Give Me Advice Would Be Much Appreciated.

hi B! im getting banded on august 17th too!!!!!!! by dr ortiz in tj mexico.. wee-hee for us! i really enjoy reading everything i can about what to expect- the good and the bad, how are you doing on your pre op diet?:hungry:

HEY HOTMOMMA...YOU SOUND SO COOL:eyebrows: , I JUST LOVE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR ...SEND ME SOME GOOD VIBES !!!!

I got your back baby girl, tell me what you need and its on its way. If its my vibe and its good its your's babe!! gonzalez, you better be ready for me honey!!!!HOTMOMMA IS ON HER WAY!!