Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in TJ?

I have been reading post from this forum for a while, and decided to post today, I made up my mind to have Dr.Gonzalez do my Lap Band I´m confident that he is the best after all the reseach I´ve done ( and I beleive that everyone is entitled to their own opinion) so I called today and got my surgery date set for september 6th,so wish me luck guys and I will keep you posted

Hey Chelsea -

My surgery date is September 6th also. With all of the information and research that we do before making a final decision I am totally ready for this. Good Luck and I will see you there!

Here we go.....;)

Lap-badit, maybe I will set mine up around that time. Dr Valenzuela called me again today. He talked for a long time answering all my questions. I forgot to ask him if I will need the banding done in hospital or if I can do it in surgery clinic. Hospital costs $1,000 more.

Yes I already emailed them all my paperwork so I'm just waiting for them to call me to set my surgery date ;) do you have a date yet????

Annie5 Dr.V called me this morning and I am waiting for several things. One is that I will have a hearing coming up in ABQ that I have to be present at. I'm waiting to hear back from my lawyer as to when. I want to set my date up for someone who is also going. ere is someone going on the 14th of Sept. When will ytou set your date? You only need two weeks advance notice.

Lap-badit, maybe I will set mine up around that time. Dr Valenzuela called me again today. He talked for a long time answering all my questions. I forgot to ask him if I will need the banding done in hospital or if I can do it in surgery clinic. Hospital costs $1,000 more.

Hi NM Sunshine-

Were you given a choice about where you wanted to have it done? I was not and did not think to ask, because I just figured that they were all done in the same place. Anyway, let me know what you find out and when you are set up. GOOD LUCK!!

Lap-Bandit, day received a reply back from the doc and he said that he, Dr. Gonzalez and their team have reveiwed my case and due to co-morbitities and my age they recommend that I have the surgery done in the hospital. so will cost 1000 extra. Because of your age, you didn't need the hospital.

Chubbyone He is charging 8,500 for hospital. It is state of the art, with great ICU and such. The surgery clinic is 7,500. Usually people go to the sugery clinic to get banded. With your young age you should do fine with the clinic; unless the doctor recominds the hospital for you or unless you feel safer at hospital and the 1000 more is worth it to you.

Hi all, I just took the plundge and set up my surgery date for Sept. 11. Got 19 days and it is going to go fast. Oh, and I'm nervous.

Hi NM sunshine-

Congrats!!!! I am also getting nervous. It is not far off at all. I am not sure what is more nerve racking for me....the procedure or the flight. I am not certain if I will see you if you have it done in the hospital, but good luck and take care.

Lap-Bandit. Thank you and good luck to you. I am nervous of course. Does anyone know where the hospital is in TJ? I wonder if the driver who picks me up at airport will take me to hospital?

Also, there are two airports in San Diago. I'm thinking that the one I should choose is SAN airport. Anyone know which one? I need to book my ticket right away to get a really cheap flight.

Lap-Bandit

I read on one of the other pages that you have a list of what to bring with you for trip to MX for surgery. Would you please pm it to me or list it on this thread. Thanks BrendA

Lap-Bandit. Thank you and good luck to you. I am nervous of course. Does anyone know where the hospital is in TJ? I wonder if the driver who picks me up at airport will take me to hospital?

Also, there are two airports in San Diago. I'm thinking that the one I should choose is SAN airport. Anyone know which one? I need to book my ticket right away to get a really cheap flight.

I booked my flight into SAN (San Diego International), so I hope that is the right one. I was told that Laura Martin is the one that will be picking me up....but I am not sure if that is different if you are going to the hospital. Also, I would check with Laura or Dr. Valenzuela before booking to see what time range you should be arriving and departing. I was told I had to be there before noon on the day before my surgery and I was to schedule my flight out, I think they said after 10:30. I would check with them to see what your requirements will be, since you will be going to the hospital instead of the clinic.

I'm back!!!

Sorry I didn't post sooner but I left home only a couple of days and everything just went crazy. I had a great experience with everything, the little details are not even worth mentioning. All the doctors, Laura, the hotel and the surgical facility all were great. I'm speechless. I read about other people posting and I'm sure, they are exagerating! Not so, Christine everything was just as you had described it. I thank all of you for your referrals I feel so lucky that I found this forum otherwise who knows where I would have gone for my lap band. The day after surgery I did not believe it, I felt as if nothing had happened. Well let me tell everyone: Go to doctor Gonzalez and doctor Valenzuela. Calls and emails daily since I got back home, asking about my flight back, my pain, my incisions, my diet I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! I'm happy to tears. And I'm losing weight!!!!!!!!!!

The nurses were awesome, a couple have a little bit of a problem with their English, but they knew what I needed. Laura was ready to answer my calls (and did) 24/7. When do these people rest? I don't know but I am very grateful

. Lap-bandit (I got your PM, thanks!), do not worry for a second, you are going to be in the greatest care with the greatest group of professionals.

Thanks again everyone and I'll be sure to keep you posted!