Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in TJ?

I have contacted this doctor in TJ and he only charges $7500 for the surgery and has 12 years and 2500 bands under his belt, but I still would like to hear from someone who has been to him.

Yes I have not only heard of him, but I was banded by him 2 years ago I really don't have any complaints, the personalized service I had with Dr. Gonzalez and His team was great, I have recommended my sister in law and a childhood friend to him and the same excellent service was given to them, call them and also ask all the questions you feel that need to be answered it is a big desicion, and in my case it was the best desicion I could have made.:ranger:

I have contacted this doctor in TJ and he only charges $7500 for the surgery and has 12 years and 2500 bands under his belt, but I still would like to hear from someone who has been to him.

Hi liz, I'm scheduled for surgery on the 24th with Dr Gonzalez. He provided me with a contact list and I did call and emailed a few of his patients, all here in the U.S.. They all had very good things to say about Dr. G. I can pass that list on if you like. I called a few other surgeons and some never answered or simply did not return calls. I also sent contact forms and got a lot of information. I decided to go with Dr. Gonzalez because I was able to get the most info from him and his assistants, everything upfront. I also like the fact that he seems to be one of the few surgeons who has not done a lot of advertising. I think this speaks very highly of his outfit because if they haven't had to advertise that must mean they don't need to. The best advise I think I can give as a pre-bandida is to do your research. I posted a very good article by ken mills recently here. search my posts and you'll find it. it gives some excellent tips on how to find a good surgeon. good luck! P.S. Wish me luck!

HELLO EVERYONE !!!! This is my first time posting, I hope Im doing it right. I have been banded for almost three years and had no idea this place existed. Well I'm a computer novice so I'm just opening my eyes to the internet! I did a search for doctor Gonzalez ( my doctor, hello doctor, wherever you are!!!!!!) and found only a few references to him and I guess because most of my friends just phone each other every so often. There's about 15 of us that met thru doctor Gonzalez office, just when we go to get fills. You know Im surprised because we all know a bunch of other patients of doctor Gonzalez, one of my friends got her lap band surgery in 1999 with doctor Gonzalez and she only gets a fill like once a year. He's always so busy, but he always has time for all of us, we love him so much. Sometimes its like a little party in his waiting room because 5 or 6 of us will meet there have a fill and then go have a lunch or brunch, they have the best buffet there, in the lobby of the medical building even though we all eat small amounts after all we wanna be thin. It is so much fun to be able to tell you guys you walk in the door of his office and he's always sitting behind his desk but gets up and greets you as soon as he sees you and that big smile just makes you feel everything is ok. He always gets it right I don't know how he does it but the fills are just right. I drive 5 hours to his office for my fills and I would drive 10 hours if I had to. I used to weigh almost 400 lbs three years ago and today I weigh 150 +- 5 lbs. Its been a great trip sometimes bumpy but great! So I guess I can answer the question, yes I have heard of doctor Gonzalez and I also know him personally. He is my doctor, HE IS THE GREATEST! Love you all, Janet Banded by Dr. Francisco Gonzalez May 2004 Initial weight: 389 lbs Present weight: 152 lbs

I'm here, in Tijuana! I'll be seeing Dr. Gonzalez in about an hour. Tomorrow is my big day, please all of you wish me luck.

I am so nervous!

I'll keep you posted.

Heyyy Christine ----

GOOOOD LUCK to you !! Hope things go well ! Please keep us posted as to how the surgery went and what ur thoughts on Dr Gonzalez are .. I will be going to him Sept 24th ! Good Luck on your recovery !

I've read about a lot of doctors, and here I am with this one, any more of his patients out there that can give me more 411 on him??

olivia:::::::hotmomma

Hello everyone! Here I am, two days after surgery and I feel good. Surgery went great, I want to thank Dr. Gonzalez for his care and understanding, he was great I just don't have enough words for this doctor. The nurses, Carmen, Janet, Giselle you guys were fantastic, I couldn't help but get emotional when I left, I'm sorry!

And of course Laura I would have been lost without you! I would open my eyes and I would see Laura, Dr. Gonzalez or Dr. Valenzuela, pampering me, wow! No experience in the U.S. would have prepared me for this level of human care. The surgery went great, I woke up and wasn't sure I had gone into surgery, but when I felt my dressings I said, yep, the band is in there!

A little pain here and there and I guess the gas, I had read about it but boy, you sure get gas! through the roof and through the basement! I've lost about 16 pounds since the beginning of my liquid diet prior to the surgery.

I'm a little behind on my errands guys, so I'll keep you posted!

If any one out there needs references on Dr. Gonzalez and his team, I'm your gal. They are without a doubt, the greatest.

christine yng,

I had just read one of your messages and was wondering how it went and how you are feeling! Good to hear all went well. I saw my surgeon here in Minnesota on Thursday and now I have to go on a weight reduction diet and exercise for 3 months before the insurance will pay! I was disappointed as I thought we would be setting up the date for my LB...Oh well, I will do what is neccessary. Keep us posted on how you are getting along.

Hi RoseI'm actually feeling pretty good. I'm sort of adapting to having the lap band. I'm having a little difficulty with the diet, but overall I'm in good shape. Still a little sore. I'm happy with my surgery but I guess it takes some getting used to. Thanks for asking and I'll keep you all and future band-idos in my prayers.OXOXOXBanded July 24th, 2007Dr. F. Gonzalez, Tijuana Mexico

Ive been reading your posts and Im interested in doctor Gonzalez, can you PM me with more info, how much did you pay, how are you feeling hows the dr as far as informing you and as much as possible on the facilities.

thanks

Hello Christine,

I have the same questions as Hotmamma - I have actually talked to Dr Venezula from Dr Gonzales's team several times. I'm just curious now how it all actually went for you -- How was the hospital and how is the aftercare ?? Thanks Christine

Yes I have not only heard of him, but I was banded by him 2 years ago I really don't have any complaints, the personalized service I had with Dr. Gonzalez and His team was great, I have recommended my sister in law and a childhood friend to him and the same excellent service was given to them, call them and also ask all the questions you feel that need to be answered it is a big desicion, and in my case it was the best desicion I could have made.:ranger:

HELOOOOOO!!!! MLB ONE THING IS TO READ AND LOOK THROUGH THE DOCTORS WEBSITE BUT MOST IMPORTANT FOR ME AT THIS TIME IS TO ACTUALLY HEAR FROM ONE OF YOU THAT HAD ALREADY BEEN THROUGH THE SURGERY AND THAT KNOW FIRST HAND WHAT TO EXPECT AND IT IS VERY COMFORTING TO READ MANY GOOD THINGS ABOUT YOUR DOCTOR I'M BEING VERY CAREFUL ABOUT MY SELECTION SINCE I WILL BE PUTTING MY LIFE IN THEIR HANDS DOING ALL NECESSARY RESEARCH ,THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFO ON YOUR EXPERIENCE , I WILL BE LOOKING MORE INTO DR. GONZALEZ , CAN YOU TELL ME A LITTLE BIT MORE ON HOW WAS YOUR RECOVERY, HOW FAST DID YOU STAR TO LOSE THE WEIGHT. THANK YOU XOXOXO MARCY

Everything was great. The aftercare was fantastic. I had one nurse that did not speak english and that was not a big deal because all the other ones did. The facilities were top notch. Laura came by two or three times a day to see if I needed anything. Dr Valenzuela also came in three times a day to ask me and the nursing staff about my recovery and check my chart. He was with me in the O.R., in fact, the last face I remember before I went under was Dr. Valenzuela's. The first face I saw when I woke up from anesthesia was Dr. Valenzuela. Dr.Gonzalez came by before the surgery, assured me everything would be ok and also came by three times a day after the surgery. I was amazed. Simply amazed. I have never seen that level of personal care in the U.S. Here I've felt like I am a "case", or a "condition". With doctor Gonzalez and his team I felt like family, I felt something nice and comforting that is hard to put into words. In those hours or minutes that are right before you go in the O.R. doctors Gonzalez and Valenzuela just made me feel secure. Miles away from home, in a foreign country, in an unknown hospital I felt ok, I felt it would turn out fine. And I was right. I've received at least three emails from doctor Valenzuela and one from Laura asking about my surgical wounds, if I'm following my diet and if everything is ok. Here I was used to having to contact doctors or their office not the other way around. Doctor Gonzalez gave me a gift when I left, two books: The emotional kit for bariatric patients and a 200 page book with diets for the lap band patient. They are excellent. Today is one week after my surgery, I did go through some pain the first 2-3 days but it went away with the pain meds. Maybe it all sounds to good? Well I lived and experienced it.

. At this time knowing that I am on my way to a nicer, slimmer and healthier me, if you were to ask me if I would do it again the answer would be YES, I would. I hope anyone looking to get lap band surgery takes the time that I did to do some looking, some asking, some writing and some phone calls. There are great and not so great surgeons out there, so do your homework. Go to the one you feel comfortable with and you know is reputable and skilled. Don't go to someone on other people's recommendation, do your own research. If you end up with the wrong doctor on someone's recommendation, that someone is not going to be stuck with a problem much less solve it; it will be you the one that will have to deal with the consequences.

Love you all, and please do whatever it takes to be healthy.

Christine.

I was banded by doctor Gonzalez in 2005, I lost the weight and I guess I was one of the lucky ones. No suffering at all with my change in eating habits. I am very picky with what I eat because I know I can only eat a certain amount. For me, it's been great. I love my doctor (in a patient-doctor sense). He has a way for doing adjustments, 2-3 minutes and you're out!

I could go on, but someone started this thread asking: "Has anyone heard of doctor Gonzalez in TJ?" So I'll stick to the thread by answering: Yes I know him and so does all of my part of the greater Los Angeles area. The man is famous! I have easily referred over 30-40 patients to him. I just send him patients because he is GOOOOOD, and will continue to do so, I tell everyone I meet that is overweight: go to Dr. Gonzalez! go here .

GIGI