Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

I was sleeved June 15th and have lost a couple of pounds since then.. Not only that, but I have also lost a lot of health issues! I no longer have anemia, my blood pressure is no longer high, and I'm not at risk for diabetes. I feel so much better physically. I feel that I am in the best shape in my life. Walking is easier. I don't get tired easily at all and don't huff and puff after walking 3 blocks anymore lol!! :D

Here is my progress...

April 2014 - highest weight: 288

post-247184-0-14173500-1444529379_thumb.jpg

I unfortunately don't have many photos of my weight during this time as I was embarrassed... I will have to search more, but as for now, that is the best body picture I have.

October 2015: - 219 - lowest weight since Freshman yr of HS

post-247184-0-18973400-1444529510_thumb.jpg

I am happy with my physical health. However, if I am being honest, my mental health is not the best. My head hasn't yet caught up to my weight loss and I am having severe self esteem issues as well as depression. I know I can get through this though.

**Please don't save my photos**

Edited by cuchas

You look great! See a Dr and see if some antidepressants might help for the depression... you deserve to be happy AND healthy!

@@cuchas You're doing excellent girl! You should be so proud!!

You look like a hottie

@@cuchas you look great! I think we all go through the depression, I know I am still but I am not wanting to take pills. It is a total change mentally from losing weight.

Thanks everyone =] I appreciate it. I recently started therapy a week ago so hopefully that will help! I don't think I want to take anti-depression pills though. I'm a little scared of the after affects lol

Edited by cuchas

Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain and can only be treated with meds. Most dr's put you on the lowest dose and then up it if you need. I know you probably just got off of a lot of pills but to make you feel better an anti-depressant maybe the answer. Do not feel bad as more than 33% of people are on an anti-depressant or anxiety meds. Most just will not disclose this freely. Make your mind up and do what is best for you in your current state. BTW-you look good!!!!

Depression can absolutely be treated WITHOUT medication.

You look great! I do think a lot of people say it takes about six months for your brain to catch up with your body? Try to stay positive. I'm nearly 3 months out and lots of people around me tell me they see a huge change, I obviously cannot see it myself, but I try to take them at their word and allow that to motivate me!