Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to thank you for sharing your story. I can't tell you how much this has helped me. I am getting sleeved on the 14th and reading your journey has helped tremendously. Keep up the good work. Congratulations????????????????

Glad I could help. I still feel hungry in my stomach. Its weird as if nothing is satisfying it. I am drinking my liquids... no problems but just tired of feeling like Im starving. It may be phantom pains from my body. @PR_PITBULL - did you have the same issue?

Are you on Prilosec? Could be stomach acid.

@retrieverguy. No not on Prilosec and have never taken that before.

Glad I could help. I still feel hungry in my stomach. Its weird as if nothing is satisfying it. I am drinking my liquids... no problems but just tired of feeling like Im starving. It may be phantom pains from my body. @PR_PITBULL - did you have the same issue?

i didn't have that problem in the beginning. (I wasn't hungry in the beginning) but you will feel boredom in what you're drinking. that, in and of itself, can prove dissatisfying. hunger and stomach acid do not feel the same way. stomach acid feels like. well acid in your stomach. it hurts. take it from me. i've had gastritis and a hiatal hernia for years. hunger feels like emptiness. i started getting hungry about 4 weeks out. and now i'm hungry all the time but rarely have an appetite for anything so it's easy to "eat right" since I don't really want anything in spite of being "hungry".

Edited by pr_pitbullgrl

So I changed my goal to 160. I think that's really my goal but, if I feel like it, i might go lower and try to be "skinny" which is what 140 would look like on me. but i have to say this. i feel like, for the first time in my life, i'm GOING TO GET THERE. i always had doubts before. i would get 40, even 20lbs from my goal and never make it. this time feels different. my life IS different. I'M different. i KNOW i'll get there cuz it's just gonna happen. i'm working for it everyday. its my way of life now.

ive been sick since last wednesday and now i'm getting better and i can't WAIT to start working out again. even tho being sick, i've lost weight, i want to get back to sculpting my body again and working for it. i am excited to get there like i've never been before. before i was racing towards it before i "lost the urge". now it's a complete change of life and there's no going back cuz it's just not possible to go back. and i'm finally good with that. in fact, my struggle is finding ways to eat ENOUGH rather than finding ways to cut back.

i didn't have that problem in the beginning. (I wasn't hungry in the beginning) but you will feel boredom in what you're drinking. that, in and of itself, can prove dissatisfying. hunger and stomach acid do not feel the same way. stomach acid feels like. well acid in your stomach. it hurts. take it from me. i've had gastritis and a hiatal hernia for years. hunger feels like emptiness. i started getting hungry about 4 weeks out. and now i'm hungry all the time but rarely have an appetite for anything so it's easy to "eat right" since I don't really want anything in spite of being "hungry".

Hi PR_Pitbull,

Its definitely got to be hunger that Im feeling. However, even though Im feeling this way, I work past it and get my liquids in. I am definitely bored of my liquids. chicken broth gives the worst gas. Lol - I know... TMI but its true. Im looking forward to eating regular food again. Im now 6 days post op and down 8 lbs now. Granted, its an all liquid diet but I feel that I will get to my goal also. My new tummy makes a lot of noise. It talks to me all the time. :)

So I changed my goal to 160. I think that's really my goal but, if I feel like it, i might go lower and try to be "skinny" which is what 140 would look like on me. but i have to say this. i feel like, for the first time in my life, i'm GOING TO GET THERE. i always had doubts before. i would get 40, even 20lbs from my goal and never make it. this time feels different. my life IS different. I'M different. i KNOW i'll get there cuz it's just gonna happen. i'm working for it everyday. its my way of life now.

ive been sick since last wednesday and now i'm getting better and i can't WAIT to start working out again. even tho being sick, i've lost weight, i want to get back to sculpting my body again and working for it. i am excited to get there like i've never been before. before i was racing towards it before i "lost the urge". now it's a complete change of life and there's no going back cuz it's just not possible to go back. and i'm finally good with that. in fact, my struggle is finding ways to eat ENOUGH rather than finding ways to cut back.

Thats great that you feel this way. Very inspiring! I dont reallt have a set goal weight right now. I just dont want to be too skinny or begin to look unhealthy if you know what I mean.

@Rose1up! i hear ya. i been 180 and i look pretty good. but i think 160 will be awesome. 140 i think is too small but who knows! sky's the limit right? :)

sounds like you're doing great! the first couple week you can lose a pound or more a day it's FAB. You might be feeling hungry. Don't let anyone tell you you're not feeling what you're feeling cuz it's your body and you know what it is lol.

are you sipping your liquids in a cup? like not thru a straw or anything? that's the best way to make sure you're not getting gas but gas is a given in the beginning so just keep walkin' and sippin. :)

@Rose1up! i hear ya. i been 180 and i look pretty good. but i think 160 will be awesome. 140 i think is too small but who knows! sky's the limit right? :)

sounds like you're doing great! the first couple week you can lose a pound or more a day it's FAB. You might be feeling hungry. Don't let anyone tell you you're not feeling what you're feeling cuz it's your body and you know what it is lol.

are you sipping your liquids in a cup? like not thru a straw or anything? that's the best way to make sure you're not getting gas but gas is a given in the beginning so just keep walkin' and sippin. :)

I look and feel great at 155 so I know what you mean about your ideal weight. I thought I looked skinny at 155 but according to what I should weigh for my height... It says I should weigh 145. I would be fine at that or at 130 but I haven't seen 130 since 7th grade. Lol and I was pure muscle then.

I dont ever sip through straws. The wound under my bra line opened up today. The Dermabond (liquid suture) did not stay long at all. I went into the weightloss center and Dana said it looked fine. I sat up and it stuck to my belly roll and it opened again and was bleeding. Now I have to treat an open wound. Ugggghhh... its in such a hard area to heal.

Thats great about losing a lb. a day. Its also nice to know this weightloss will stay off. :)

@Rose1up! ha Dana! I keep forgetting you're here! we need to meet up. How tall are you? i'm only 5'3 so when i say i like me at 180 people are like what???? but it's really true. my stomach was almost 100% flat and everything! lol.

i haven't seen 130 since i was like 12 which i guess is 6th grade so i hear ya on that too LOL.

ah heck. sorry bought the damn wound. that blows but you'll be ok. you're doing all the right things :)

@Rose1up! ha Dana! I keep forgetting you're here! we need to meet up. How tall are you? i'm only 5'3 so when i say i like me at 180 people are like what???? but it's really true. my stomach was almost 100% flat and everything! lol.

i haven't seen 130 since i was like 12 which i guess is 6th grade so i hear ya on that too LOL.

ah heck. sorry bought the damn wound. that blows but you'll be ok. you're doing all the right things :)

I am here! :) Well, Ive always been 5'6 but my primary measured me and said Im 5'5 then Soong's office measured me and said Im 5'4. So... I have no clue but I believe the 5'5 because women shrink and Im 41 yrs old so Im sure I shrunk an inch. Your body will most likely figure out where it wants to be. YOU will KNOW!!! Omg... do I miss the "flat tummy" days. I have a tattoo on my belly and now... well its not the same now especially since I had a child. Lol. Lets meet up after I get to the "back to eating regular foods".

@Rose1up! it's not flat flat it's 90% flat tho lol. i gain in my legs and thighs and butt so when i lose my waist and tummy go down first then legs, butt and thighs. i don't have any kids so i know it's much harder for mommies so don't beat yourself up.

yes let's meet up when you're in a more stable state. whenever you're ready :)

welllll the time has come. i am now starting to actually look droopy and ridiculous in my clothes. i think i might be a 14 now. not sure. i know i can't wear my 18's anymore. so i guess it's time to shop this weekend. it's hard to know how much to buy since i don't know what size i'll end up but i guess it's a good problem to have.

welllll the time has come. i am now starting to actually look droopy and ridiculous in my clothes. i think i might be a 14 now. not sure. i know i can't wear my 18's anymore. so i guess it's time to shop this weekend. it's hard to know how much to buy since i don't know what size i'll end up but i guess it's a good problem to have.

Yes... good prob indeed! 14 was a nice size for me. I felt so beautiful at that size. I bet you look amazing.... clothes shopping... get stretch jeans and tops that stretch. That way you wont have to buy too much clothes and can wear it for awhile.