Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Moment has arrived....

Sending out good karma to Dave for a speedy recovery and the best possible outcome ! Hugs and support all of you !

Such good news -- sending lots of positive energy your way. Take good care of yourself as being a caregiver is so stressful. Can you get a massage, etc.? Sounds like crazy talk when there's so much, but don't forget about you! Very best wishes.....

@@CanyonBaby,

So happy to hear surgery went well. I am sure part of that is due to you getting him fattened up and in good shape. Thank you, God. Have a happy reunion with your pups. I will continue to pray for an uncomplicated recovery for him and peace for you. Big huuuuuug!

Tired, but blissfully happy now that we know the extent of the cancer, and the removal of said cancer. Cried myself to sleep last night, as a release from months of worry, stress, and fear of the unknown - so much so I can't even verbalize it. There is hope, and when we find out the pathology of the lymph nodes, we, at least, will be able to form a game plan.

I really expected the surgeon to come out of surgery saying Dave was full of the cancer, BUT HE ISN'T!!!! And he didn't com out saying that - but you get to the point that that is where you are at, you know? So, with that great weight off my shoulders, a bit of release was in order.

Exhausted, and I don't even do much but sit and watch him sleep. He DID discover pain, today, and NOT in a good way! NOW he knows what pain REALLY is, as he has never had any physical issues (pain) before this. Even with the epidural, he has great pain where the drain is placed. A long road awaits him.

As for me, last night, on the way home from the hospital, it was raining (first time in several months!), and a thought came to mind: Even rainy days ARE DAYS!!! Days we might not have under different circumstances, but DAYS, nevertheless, even if they aren't so pleasant and filled with unimaginable horrors. I thought "I must embrace the rainy days, as well as the sunny days, because they are given for a reason - maybe it is not for me to know the reason at this time, but they are important days, just the same.".

And even though I am being incredibly philosophical right now, I have learned a great and invaluable lesson...to value ANY day that is given to me, especially if it is one spent with my loving husband, sick or healthy. So in my chair, as I sat next to him all day, I was AT PEACE, for the first time in many months. And I sat there, crocheting and reading magazines and watching the unending city traffic whiz by for HOURS on end, at peace.

What a day. Thank you, Lord, for it. Good night, friends.

So glad he made it through surgery successfully. Will be praying for a swift recovery for him and for a full remission from the cancer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches