Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Remodel in my house helping me lose weight..ha

I am having popcorn ceiling removed and a whole new modern ceiling made... in addition to some other fun stuff. Anyway, my kitchen is hermetically sealed, i can't get to my brand new fridge or micro or anything. As a result I have been living off Protein Drinks, sandwich meat and going to a local establishment for appetizers for "dinner". It is unpleasant and I feel like i am not getting enough veggies, but it is helping me get back to goal! I have been floating around a few pounds over goal all summer long and I am almost back to it... just a few more pounds! In truth, I have been working to getting back under goal for awhile, but this is giving me a boost!

I have never done extensive remodeling of a home while living there. It is really hard but I have animals so it is very easy for us to just move to a hotel or a friends house!

I am really looking forward to it being done and over and hopefully looking really nice. :)

@@CowgirlJane

This is perfect. newly revolted space and the bonus of the scale to moving again. You have been working hard all summer to get your weight down. Who knew it would only take a remodel of your home. ;)

Haha, good for you! I'm remodeling a room at the moment, which has involved lugging around a lot of materials and painting, and while I am not blocked off from my fridge, the extra workout certainly hasn't hurt me!

I should also have my popcorn ceilings redone- but ohhhh the effort, lol. I'm sure you will love your results!

I know I am late to this thread but I understand. Hubby and I remodeled the kitchen last summer. We were our own contractors except the granite install. It took about a month. We also have pets so going elsewhere was not feasible. Hubby took down our textured ceiling. It was 600 pounds of drywall to the dump and presumably 600 pounds of drywall to replace the ceiling. We put in recessed LED lights while we had the ceiling down.

I got a cheap microwave from CL and put it in the living room and we worked around the fridge. Our regular micro is an over the stove/counter model. There was nothing to attach it to. I couldn't be a whole month without the fridge or micro.

I am sure you will ve very happy once it is done. I now love my kitchen and I hope you love yours too.