Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

Hi everyone! It has been quite some time since I last checked in.. Read through some of these recent post and realize I'm not alone on this journey... So first off I went Jan 11th for my 12 week post op.. Hw/sw was 218 my current weight is 169.8 my NUT and nurse were pleased with my weight loss, my Dr on the other hand wanted to see more.. My Vitamin levels were on the lower end of normal but still considered normal so they wanted me to try this chewable they sold in office, so I did and every time I took it within a few minutes it would come right back up. Since this I have yet to find a Vitamin I can keep down now.. Now this is alarming because my hair is falling out rapidly.. My husband even noticed a small bald spot... I've seen a lot of hype on the Patches and although my surgeon told me not to use them at this point I think something is better than nothing.. Any thoughts???

And lastly I also need to get back on track with eating and tracking all I eat.. This past week there has been some grazing and that's a dangerous slope for me.. I have always noticed I can eat more than what I see people posting and I know just because I can doesn't mean I should.. So I've been back to timing between my bites and chewing chewing chewing, since I have always been a fast eater. I've been doing my 30 minute daily workouts by beachbody but this week I've been jugging more than usual and with a sick little one, so I need to start doing those consistently again.. So here I am ready to kick it up a notch and continue on my weight loss journey!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Do you use MyFitnessPal? That helps me avoid grazing but I have to be honest.

Is anyone getting their hunger back?

@@jjod Yes, I get hungry now when I haven't ate in a while, but not like I use too!

Do you use MyFitnessPal? That helps me avoid grazing but I have to be honest.

Is anyone getting their hunger back?

I do use MyFitnessPal but have strayed so I need to get back to logging everything! It really does help you stay on track..

Yes!! My hunger is back in full force lately.. I'm thinking I need to up my Water intake and see if that helps!

MyFitnessPal is ESSENTIAL and also local support groups.

I fear the hunger but at my support groups they say to combat it with Protein. For me it's even better than Water. I also find that my new reflux makes me feel hunger pains so I have to keep up with my Prilosec.

All this is totally worth it. My surgery is one of the greatest gifts I've ever given myself. I feel so free without the extra 64 lbs.

MyFitnessPal is also essential to keep track of exercise.

My long term plan includes the food diary, walking/exercise and my support group. I have to stay committed to all three.

I've been slacking.... I just started an evening LPN program and it's kicking my ass, I'm also working full time. I'm having problem finding time to go to the gym. I always feel better when i make it to the gym but my day goes like this.... Up at 4:30-4:45am, leave house by 5:30 am. Work 6am until 2pm. School starts at 4:30pm but I normally get there by 4 pm. Class ends at 9:00 to 9:30pm. Go home, try and study normally I. bed between 11:30 pm- 12:30am.

I almost forgot i have physical therapy for my foot/everything else 2-3 times a week.

And then it starts again. I have school Monday thur Thursday. My days off are Friday- Saturday. And I'm having major issues accomplishing much on my days off.

I feel like I'm behind....

I just don't think I've los lots enough....

I'm stalled.... Tired.... And a little overwhelmed..

Any ideas? Thoughts?

HW:297

SW: 252- (10-28-15)

CW:209

Edited by L.Harmony

Logging food doesn't take much time. I can't do gyms. I've been incorporating walking and steps into my regular life. Today during lunch I walked around the mall I work at for 20 min/1 mile. My pedometer logs my steps and I try to get 10,000 which sync to MyFitnessPal.

Surgery was one of the biggest events of our life. We have to treasure this second chance.

Wow your schedule looks pretty crazy! Mine is crazy but what I have found that works for me is either walking on the treadmill at night while studying, or after I get dinner done and everyone in bed I do my daily 30 minute workout, it's normally like 10:00 by then but then after I wind down with my studying. The workout videos I do are through beachbody they are the 21 day fix videos and they have a different 30 minute workout for everyday! I love them!

I do some kind of workout everyday which has helped tremendously with balancing everything going on, We need to have a little US time!

Edited by 1041mom

I felt hungry and off-track (surgery October 19th) so I took 2 days and returned to basics: drank Protein Shakes and broths only and then reintroduced soft Proteins, returned to chewing more slowly and thoughtfully and weighing everything again. Now I've moved back into firmer Proteins. It's curbed the appetite for carbs and I'm feeling focused and back on track.

You can google '5 day pouch reset' if you're interested. I found it worked for me. I was experiencing cravings and they've since lessened considerably. It also broke a 3 week plateau. The weight loss has slowed though and I think it's normal in months 4+ to experience a more 'normal' rate of weight loss. It's a good thing. Our bodies are adjusting.

I'm glad to hear so many of you are doing well. We got this! :)

I made it to onederland! 199.4 this morning! !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using BariatricPal

@@60&goin4it thanks for asking how I am doing.

My hair loss has slowed down now but my hair is so thin my wife said she could easily see my scalp.

My latest figures are:

278.6 Current weight

3.8 lbs lost last week

77.4 lbs lost since surgery

124.4 lbs lost since July HW of 403

Having trouble figuring what to eat. Trying all my old food without bread, rice or Pasta and they are all too bland or something. Tried a pumpkin yogurt recipe the other day with one packet of artificial sweetener. It was way too sweet.

We finally got my blood thinner levels where we want them. I am SO SO SO cold these days. It is hard to get used to. I made it to twoderland and now I am chipping away at the two's.

I eat such a small amount at each meal that I feel like I can't get any variety.

We took 8 huge bags of clothes to the thrift store and I still have two more. I keep thinking the weight loss is going to slow down but for the last month I am averaging 3.5 lbs lost every week. This just seems so crazy.

Edited by 395Ron

@@whoahbabyy Yea!!! you made it!! It feels so good to drop to the next level!! Your catching up with me ;-)!

@@395Ron Your doing so well Ron, and the weight loss 3.5 lbs is great! Mine has slowed down to between 1-2 lbs a week this last month. I'm over 1/2 way to my goal weight of 150 from 230 surgery day. Weighed today 186.

Awesome job @@60&goin4it ! Keep up the great work. Everyone is doing so good. I expect my weight loss to get to around 1-2 lbs a week any time now but we will see.

Congrats @@whoahbabyy that is an awesome milestone. After seeing that on the scale I can imagine you singing "I feel good!"