Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

Hey everyone!

Well i am still having some issues getting in all the liquid and Protein i need, i think a big part of it is i am still always so sleepy and end up napping or sleeping to long and its not easy to play " catch up" . I have found that i am tolerating things very well so far. I have had strained Tomato Soup and my unjury just came in the mail today so i will be adding that to the Soups i have from now on. I have had SMALL amounts of Greek yogurt with no adverse affects, I tried the Unjury with some crystal lite as well and I like it. I am doing OK getting in Water itself but i need to start measuring it i find i am just sipping it from my glass and i don't rightly know how much i end up sipping. Other then that, i am almost completely off the pain medication, and i am really looking foreword to the puree stage on Wednesday. I experienced a small amount of dumping when i tried certain Vitamins but other then that no vomiting. i was 319 when i went in to surgery and i am 304 right now.

Edited by Cali_Angel

Hey everyone!

Well i am still having some issues getting in all the liquid and Protein i need, i think a big part of it is i am still always so sleepy and end up napping or sleeping to long and its not easy to play " catch up" . I have found that i am tolerating things very well so far. I have had strained Tomato Soup and my Unjury just came in the mail today so i will be adding that to the Soups i have from now on. I have had SMALL amounts of Greek yogurt with no adverse affects, I tried the unjury with some crystal lite as well and I like it. I am doing OK getting in Water itself but i need to start measuring it i find i am just sipping it from my glass and i don't rightly know how much i end up sipping. Other then that, i am almost completely off the pain medication, and i am really looking foreword to the puree stage on Wednesday. I experienced a small amount of dumping when i tried certain Vitamins but other then that no vomiting. i was 319 when i went in to surgery and i am 304 right now.

That's my issue with the required water and protein. I sleep so much I can't catch up. And then you have to wait so long in between meals. It's annoying. :/

Same here! Although I think I found something that doesn't repel me or take too long to drink. vanilla and soymilk with unflavored unjury. I'm going to have my third serving later. Might hit 70g today.

Still need more Fluid though.

Counting minutes until Wednesday when I get puréed foods. I want tuna with mayo. Yippee.????????

Same here! Although I think I found something that doesn't repel me or take too long to drink. vanilla and soymilk with unflavored unjury. I'm going to have my third serving later. Might hit 70g today.

Still need more Fluid though.

Counting minutes until Wednesday when I get puréed foods. I want tuna with mayo. Yippee.

LOL that is me. i can have Purree on Wednesday too! I guess i just found out if i take my Protein to fast my stomach isn't to happy. ...

For everyone:

What do you want to eat first?

hi guys. I was having a problem getting everything in also. Timing wise it just seems impossible. I also can't drink Water because my stomach just does't like it and it hurts too much. So a couple a days ago I started a new routine. It may not work for everyone, but has helped me a whole lot.

I get up each morning and drink 32 oz low sodium broth. For some reason the warmth of it makes it go down really well. This not only gets 32 oz Fluid out of the way, but also gives me 15 grams Protein. The rest of the day I concentrate on getting in protein and try to drink 20 oz. Powerade zero in between meals. Before I go to bed, I make up any fluids I need with more broth.

This works for me because 1) I can't drink plain water 2)sometimes 1 1/2 hours can pass after eating and I have forgotten to drink anything 3) my doctor wants me to eat 5 times a day - and now I can concentrate more on dividing up my protein between those

So I started my mushy phase Weds night. My first meal was tuna and broccoli. All my food needs to be Mashable by fork. My program does not call for the food to be puréed. It is more like soft food chewable to Apple sauce consistency. I have had lean ground beef, refried Beans, and eggs so far. I too find it difficult and somewhat a chore to eat. They want me to eat 3 meals and 2 Snacks. Snacks are Protein Shakes. Also drink fluids. It is way to much. Plus I have no desire to eat. The enjoyment is gone lol. I spend a lot of time thinking of when to stop drinking so I can eat. Speaking of I need to eat Breakfast lol

The first thing I ate on my way home from the Dr's appt. when he cleared me for soft foods was refried Beans from taco bell. It was the best refried beans I ever ate! At least that day it was!! I took it very slow & small bites & waited each time to see how I did! No problems!

Oooh...lucky me. scale hasn't moved in a few days...guess it's time for me to step awaaayyyy from the scale before I make myself crazy. :P Logical me knows it'll move eventually and my body's just playing catch-up. Impatient and perhaps slightly crazy me? Nope...time to panic!

My doc is having me take an extra week off work (3 weeks total) because I'm still having issues with fatigue and dizziness and my job requires 12 hour shifts with a lot of walking. Otherwise at two weeks I'm feeling pretty good. Steri-strips are still clinging (so itchy!), but my incisions are healing without any issues. No pain at all anymore, just a lingering need for too much sleep and I get dizzy if I try to do too much too fast.

I started puréed foods on Wednesday. Since then I've tried puréed tuna with a tiny bit of low fat mayo, cottage cheese (yuck), chicken breast w/chicken broth, one soft boiled egg, and a low sodium low fat bean soup- all of which were blended into a thick baby food consistency paste. I even tried some baby food. I have a cupboard full. I won't do that again! Lol

I've been able to up my portions from 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup so I'm happy about that. Dr says I'm not getting in enough calories and eating more will help me lose weight faster.

I'm always low on the Protein because I can still only stomach one Premier Protein drink. I add ice cubes and Water and blend it so it's not so sweet and thick. And I'm always low on water.

I am having bowel movements every 5 days and it seems this is only because on the 5th day my Dr said to take a Senekot if I haven't gone. Is anyone else experiencing such infrequent bowel movements?

I dropped 18lb pre-op for a total of 35lbs as of today, but it's been slowing down lately. Apparently this is normal when you initially switch into the next stage and eventually it all evens out.

I'm still napping here and there. I had my first B12 injection yesterday (I'll have them once a month) so I'm hoping that will move things along too.

It's great to see we are all having similar experiences and stalling together and moving forward.

Keep posting here. I so don't want this thread to die! Lol

I'm still napping here and there. I had my first B12 injection yesterday (I'll have them once a month) so I'm hoping that will move things along too.

How do you get your b12 shot? and does it hurt? like burning or anything?

Did you have cheese on it? I can have refried Beans this coming Friday. I bought the taco bell refried beans in a can from Walmart. Hope it taste the same lol

No I didn't have cheese, I was afraid for my first time eating. Went to a mexican restaurant for the 1st time tonight & had some chicken & refried beans & guacamole that I have been craving for a month!! All went well, I just didn't go over 1/2cup of food & took my time. I'm 4 weeks out.