Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which over the counter meds can we take? Winter is coming and I always get sick. I have asthma I am already shopping for meds but for myself have no idea what can I have.

As far as I know the only med to avoid is ibubrofun due to ulcer risk. Tylonol is ok.

I'd avoid any that have an NSAID (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc). May also want to look for the sugar free cough syrups/lozenges as well!

I'm sick now and wow this is hard. I'm just taking DayQuil or something OTC with Tylenol, but I can't eat. I can't even force myself. I'm drinking Water but even that's hard. My stomach feels almost full and upset. I think it's from all the drainage. This is only day 2, getting sick takes so much out of me.

@@ylluz I hope you feel better. I always just have to see what works. How's your appetite or what we know as an appetite?

@@Emily_35 I am not hungry at all even Water makes me sick and I vomit if I try to eat it def sucks and my surgeon is on vacation.I am taking dayquil well the shoprite brand because regular dayquil burns my stomach I dont know why. This is the first time I get sick since surgery and is definitely very different and hard I feel really sick and restless. Hope everything is going grear for you!!

@@ylluz I'm not feeling any better either. I'm taking different otc sinus and cold medicine to see what works best. My biggest problem is I can't eat, I'm very nauseous and feel full. I've also thrown up too. I'm staying hydrated but Water and Gatorade is the most I can get down. I'm nibbling on some cheese or crackers so the meds don't upset my tummy. I have found eating extremely slow helps a little but I'm talking snail speed. I'm getting really exhausted, like the fatigued feeling we had right after surgery. I've tried the Protein Shakes but I just can't get them down. I hope you start to feel better if I figure something out I will definitely let you know. Good luck!

@@ylluz I'm not feeling any better either. I'm taking different otc sinus and cold medicine to see what works best. My biggest problem is I can't eat, I'm very nauseous and feel full. I've also thrown up too. I'm staying hydrated but Water and Gatorade is the most I can get down. I'm nibbling on some cheese or crackers so the meds don't upset my tummy. I have found eating extremely slow helps a little but I'm talking snail speed. I'm getting really exhausted, like the fatigued feeling we had right after surgery. I've tried the Protein Shakes but I just can't get them down. I hope you start to feel better if I figure something out I will definitely let you know. Good luck!

I hope you fell better. I have been eating some cheese thats all I can keep down.Hopefully it will get better for us ????

@@ylluz sorry for the double posts I'm a little foggy brained and after I replied to one realized you answered on the other. ???? yes if I eat it slow cheese isn't too bad, not much caloric help or Protein but fruit isn't horrible. (TMI ALERT) I've been asked if I'm having regular gas and bms to ensure there's no blockage, I'm good on that end. It's something to consider

@@ylluz I just remembered something different I added as a Hail Mary that I think may have made a difference. I've been told I look bad but sound better than I have in the last few days. I started taking/drinking Danactive immune yesterday. It's a small amount and was pretty easy to get down. Since then in spurts I've felt a bit better and other than force feeding myself overnight it's the only change which started yesterday

@@ylluz today is the first day I've started to feel like myself. I think the Danactive and extremely slowly eating has helped. It's just a few days of hell first. Hope you feel better.